...meh

Salem Moses

Re: ...meh

Post by Salem Moses »

Short update:
* A defense contractor was awarded the project of building 5 railgun emplacements, 5 plasma beam delivery systems, and 5 explosive drones (for testing). The "build" slated to start sometime into next month.. maybe.
* An undisclosed VIP in upper tier management has accepted a provisional invitation to visit the (work in progress) Dyson Sphere in order to provide more insight.. if their schedule remains cooperative. So.. maybe?
* I'm shopping for a nice compass, one which points which direction I should go.
* I don't recommend ice cream bars covered in caramel. Was not the pleasant experience I was expecting at 7am this morning. The outer chocolate layer was nice, though.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

.. another short update about nothing in particular:

* A new Human Resources Director from the Ukraine is scheduled to be interviewed this evening. "HOPE is our Business" being the (work-in-progress / early draft) motto. She will be group interviewed by the current oversight committee tomorrow evening with this evening being the informal "meet & greet".
* Military contractor has affirmed delivery (sometime this week or next) of defensive railgun systems for the upcoming Daedalus build project. Railgun emplacements to stand at around 14 feet in height.. well somewhere between 8 feet to 14 feet, I would think. Our lab doctorate's have been tapped to scrutinized the outer enclosure casing for thermal fractures and other possible critical failure flaws. The apparent rush order was probably due to growing instability of international political climate.
* No word yet from the contractor queried on possible shield upgrade from current functional (but energy hog) design model.
* Epcot size Dyson Sphere to receive surface coverage of water to depth of several feet. Since our lab was unable to come up with a manufactured material with attenuating properties to that of water. The project went ahead with the KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple) design stratagem. Interior to no longer pose a health hazard to cosmic radiation. Larger projected designs updated intandem with ongoing improvements to the smaller size sphere.
* Early allied country demographic list of potential "colonists" to include botanists, astrophysicists, mechanical engineers, and supply chain personnel from Israel. My educated theory is two-fold.. (1): As a culture their daily lifestyle prospers despite living in a continual "powderkeg" dangerzone and are thus relatively acclimated to responding to sirens. (2): Politically speaking, in exchange for this opportunity, their government would more align their international policy to the interests of the United States.
* I found an instant caramel macchiato frappacino package mix which just needs a 1/2 cup of hot water. This will of course go into my survival kit.. minus a few packages for quality testing at work.
* Came home to find a package from a relative.. self heating instant ramen. I wonder if there are sliced mushrooms in it as advertised on the package. It was nice of them to see late night cheap noodles and think of me (I grinned in seeing this). Because I had just come back from grocery shopping and had a trunk load full of instant ramen.

-Life is meant to be taken out of context. :-)
Last edited by Salem Moses on Mon May 01, 2023 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Sry, busy day.. forgot that I only had breakfast and really nothing else all day. I should've included this in the above post this evening but will stick it here instead.

Tis more of a science byline than relating to anything in particular. The satellite which we launched some time ago and has been in a station keeping orbit relative to the Sun & the Earth. Well from data we've been receiving, it (seems) like a discovery has been made. In electricity we relate potentials to either being grouped as positive polarity or negative polarity (like any battery has a positive AND a negative aspect).

(*takes a nervous breath*)

A 3rd polarity has been (is "observed" the best word?) from the vantage point of the LaGrange parking orbit. It is loosely termed as a gravity polarity. Probably relating to how steep the slope is along a gravity well depression on the fabric of spacetime.

I have been wondering the passed couple weeks if the artificial gravity which we created for the Dyson Sphere, was not differential "polarity" attraction (like in a magnet). But rather in that we effectively created a sloped gravity dimple in the fabric of spacetime and a nearby mass would then "fall" down that slope at a rate which reflects the value of that slope.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Goa'uld Healing Device Update
1st field trial.. mixed review

Reporting in on 2nd day being bedridden. Not sure how I got to this circumstance but that's how it goes. I may have been pushing myself too hard for way too long until my body decided on its own that some downtime was in order. Tuesday evening I stopped by my mother's to enjoy some quality time sharing supper with her. I was on the porch wicker swing checking my phone for the daily newsfeed. I "sensed" a bubble had popped and then I started shivering. Within my core there was no warmth, only cold. I drove home and out myself immediately to bed with a fleece throw on top of the covers. I woke up the next morning drenched in perspiration. No body aches, and I was feeling okay but still called into work that I was taking the week off to rest up. I felt okay.. until I had to get out of bed and felt cold and not okay.

My one accomplishment was getting up to make myself chicken noodle soup and drink electrolyte water while sitting on the porch letting the Sun warm up my skin. Other than this one accomplishment and a trip to the bathroom, I had spent the entire day in bed sleeping. I had asked the manager if she could bring the healing device over to try it on me in my condition. We were waiting for paperwork to be processed to use it on test subjects outside the facility. Since I was attached to the facility, it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

The manager used the prototype healing device in me but I didn't feel anything except a reduced headache when I asked for her to try and use it on my head. Since my body wasn't in "repair" mode as in healing from a physical injury. It's effectiveness was quite a bit diminished. It's a tool for physical recovery.. not an antibiotic, it would seem. That day came and went, and I'm still in bed. The only other presence that visits me is this headache. Oh, I found out that my eyes have felt tired since day 1 and I'm not interested in doing anything except sleeping. Even browsing in my smartphone feels like an uninterested chore. My eyes are sore and tired and the only thing I'm interested in seeing is the back of my eyelids. I guess I really did wear my body out from working so much.

"Work" in any form will have to be put on the back burner so I can focus on "rest".

(..updated Thursday night, 11:18 pm)

Went out for Mexican this evening, after making the effort to try and get myself out of bed good and proper so my mum could (s)mother me like worried mother's tend to do.. Anyways after checking in on things within my particular circle of contacts, turns out I narrowed down the cause for my sudden demise of health. It wasn't a sixth sense worried about a wayward friend nor a psychic red flag warning about an unknown volcano about to erupt under my mum's house. No, no and again no (to the third thing you were just now thinking.. shame on you, btw). It was actually nothing as common nor terrestrial as those.. but rather Anubis. Seems my work associated with crystals and working out a theory to create a pocket dimension (or build an opening to one..?) within the new ZPM caught his attention. That wasn't the scary part.. he followed me home. Just because you were able to pull eggs from a dead chicken, suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water. Didn't really notice any paranormal activity except the sudden deep chill sensation which was the first red flag. Nor me spending a whole day & night in bed asleep without repercussions. It was when I sat down this evening to do personal energy cleansing that my pendulum moving left in circles then right.. bring my attention to his presence. He wanted what all males want with a woman.. more definition of their own existence. It was when he entered my baby girl's room, that I womaned up and brought him back to reality. I activated the shield around my little girl's room (at least she will be safe) and confronted Anubis in the kitchen (my home turf.. not counting the couch). A girl's bedroom, nay even her house however humble.. is her private sanctuary, her temple of serenity. To trespass upon 5hat would be as unforgivable as trespassing upon a fair maiden's heart. As it is with mortals, so too it must be with ascended beings.. personal boundaries are to be respected. Thank you for not killing nor possessing us but I think you should leave. Not annoyed or angry, but a mix between amused and interested was the response fed back to me through pendulum. As he was too curious to leave, I balled up on the couch in the kitchen and wasted away watching anime. Somewhere between episode 8 & 9 of "Call if the Night" he got bored and left, only after revealing that he would leave a gift or two in which I would think of him when they came to bear fruit. With the pendulum confirming no one else in the house except me.. I breathed a sigh of relief and went to bed. Am now typing this before signing off for some needef rest, but inevitably will only find the deafening scream from each heartbeat. That was close.. too close.

Guess this still counts as a belated Halloween tidbit, even though it really happened. Believe it.. or not. Oh yeah, one more thing concerning the shield.. it was a gift of knowledge from my father-in-law. He was a selfish man, a Canadian transplant into what I would call American Victorian society in the upper Northeast colonial states. Family was into politics, way upper level.. Senator level to be frank. Don't know how he came by it, as it's strength was beyond anything which should be possible for mortal man (you know how men are.. short-sighted yet power hungry). But I counted him to be an observant man, and a very intelligent man. One who understood that alot of times it's not what you know, but rather who you know which determines your successful outcome in life. He represented one mind who wanted access to gate technology, we wanted the same in an effective shield. Two like-minded groups, then finding a means of agreement. He is dead now, and I'm connecting here through a false identity.. different color hair, everything. He has nothing more to say to me, and likewise I reciprocate the gesture. Having moved on from those naive times. Nothing else need be said.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Project Update: Asgard Plasma Cannon

Time now is December 26, 9:57am (as I start typing this). It's been well.. 1 month and about 26 days since my last login. At the start of my online hiatus, the contractor finished an initial prototype of an energy based cannon. However the 8 foot tall armored housing for this proved, umm (what was the word they used?).. "not stable enough to handle the power output and would subsequently have been destroyed". So bummer, I know. In the interim (def: "in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary duration of time"), work had been started to find ways to reinforce the housing in order to survive the recoil use of this energy beam. Detail of which follows:

Will only fire at user selected line-of-sight designated targets, unleashing a concentrated beam of energy that is able to burn through enemy armor and defenses. In cases where an enemy may be using a shielding energy, the cannon is able to siphon it off and use it to reinforce the beam's penetrating attack, quickly making a hole that is able to then bring the whole system down. The plasma cannon does have a recharge time which will (should?) shorten the more it engages (multiple targeted) enemy. -This is due to recharge effectiveness increasing subsequent to the higher operating temperatures (ie: sympathetic oscillating vibration) of continued use.

(*sigh*)

While this phase of the housing upgrade was being attended to, the contractor was put to productive capacity in seeing if the beam could be upgraded.. to essentially overload it if needed to do so, should a more durable and resilient enemy be encountered. So in the belief that idle hands soon leads to mischief (an old Amish saying), everyone was put to task to be busy.

Delivery of the 5 railguns were received, general specifications fulfilled: Automated Defense System being a set of five railgun units, each appearing as a ten foot tall barrel with a rotating hemispheric top and a flat base. They are capable of rapid fire and will afix to any location designated with clamps. They target line-of-sight designated targets and will "handshake" with other railguns which will continue to track designated targets which come into their own line-of-sight in order to continue defensive fire along their own firing arc.

And about a month later, as the plasma beam cannon was being refitted with shock stabilizers as well as structural reinforcement, the contractor brought back components for the "overload" upgrade which was requested of them. Which was provided through some measure of frustration. The overview is as follows, but essentially.. we now have a working Asgard Beam, if only as a option of last resort. Just hope the housing refit holds.

The "Overload" capability gives an extra measure of impressive offensive penetrative force to all things it can be applied against. Exponentially increasing an existing coherent carrier beam in reaching even deeper levels of penetration in times of crisis. It may, theoretically, bleed into the core of an energy barrier, completely disabling it's ability to reform. This "overload" power capacity is very circumstantial and will not always work when applied. But when it does, anything it hits.. it destroys.

And lastly something of a tidbit to entice those patient among you. The theoretical model speculative workup design for creating a pocket dimension has progressed to the next phase.. creating a strong enough vessel in which to (hopefully) house it. One of our most senior members is now endeavoring to create a resulting cascading doppler shift within a crystalline construct. Working hypothesis is as thus:

The altered pocket dimension would (should) be invulnerable to outside intrusion, acting akin to quantum entangled singularities, sharing states and exchanging information (reality is essentially an E8 lattice construct of information, not dissimilar to the discovery of a self correcting code found at the base level of existence) with one another. It is able to extract a limited amount of energy from the closest Black Hole to it, storing it, and this can then be used as a power source when placed within a suitable housing. If the housing is not suitable, the housing (an immediate areas in successive zones) would be destroyed.

So there you have it, everything in a nutshell delivered before the lunch crowd is to hits the buffet bar. Not quite as flashy as figuring out the mathematical progression of the harmonic in each given pattern relative to it's spectral equivalent.. but it'll do. Which puts me to mind of my favorite t-shirt.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

..Science isn't all a bed of roses

At this moment while typing these words onto the forum, a little 9 year old girl lay unconscious on a couch from an overdose. (Maybe "overload" is more accurate?) She is such a willing person, always wanting to help. I think a couple years ago she was homeless when she first caught my attention. I contacted her to see if she could come over because I had the thought to talk with her about astronomy. Specifically why her energy level was usually a roller coaster ride from month to month. Looking at the light bulb handing from the ceiling, I picked up a bag of trail mix and a round mirror. I related the lightbulb to the Sun, the trail mix to the earth and the mirror to the moon (so I tend to oversimplify things). I showed how the full light of the Sun would bounce off the moon and be cast upon the dark side of the earth. This was when the moon was "full". Then I raised the bag of trail mix to half block the light reaching the mirror, which only cast a half circle onto the shadow side of the trail mix bag. This was representative of a "half moon". Then I raised the trail mix bag to fully block the light from reaching the mirror. This would essentially relate to the moon being fully within the shadow of the earth and be known as a "new moon". The little girl began to understand why her energy at night was like it was when the moon was full, and why she was naturally tired during the nights when the moon was in the earth's shadow. Yep, a budding science major may be in her future from that little bit of astronomy. Anyways, she's been experiencing energy swings (like mood swings but with her energy) for quite a while, since before she came to have met me a couple years ago. So I thought on a way to artificially recharge her energy, which should work.. probably will work.. theoretically may work. Anyways, she was here.. I was here.. and I happened to have this energy source handy to try out. So I changed gears from astronomy to something more productive.

This evening in the lab, I wanted to try out a new experiment. I had sidelined my current work on a secondary stellar core design, in order to sidebar with this experiment. Upon arriving at the lab, I had asked her to stand near the source for the transfer, to close her eyes and open her heart to believe in me.. to trust in me. Then I activated the transfer. Sometimes, things don't exactly go as you hope for them to. Science isn't all a bed of roses, sometimes you encounter thorns. But as I look at it, the fragrant roses are still there, beneath a bit of discomfort.

Following up from the success we achieved with the beforehand mentioned energy healing device which employs a subtle energy transfer. There was a test trial of a higher magnitude to transfer energy from one source to a recipient (the little girl) in order to determine how minute (Old French from late Latin minuta, feminine (used as a noun) of minutus ‘made small’) an energy transfer could be registered from the girl's senses. As you know, young people are more sensitive to notice energy spectrum which become dulled (blinded?) to older generations. Don't know really how much was transferred into her, as we were rationing the amount to only half of the current energy level manageable by the source. We knew the source had a higher level.. pheww... by a magnitude of.. umm.. a factor of 10 levels?.. maybe?.. or so? We waited until the girl's own energy was nearly fully depleted before conducting this transfer. Within about 15 seconds of bridging the connection, a flood of energy poured into her and she subsequently fell to the floor unconscious. Her foster parent was still at work, so an elderly foster grandparent who was available was contacted to be with her while she was lain onto the lobby couch. A woman doctor who was on speed dial, was also contacted to come assess the patient and monitor her recovery (rest). My logic states that her body probably received more energy than what her body could handle, so it went into rest mode in order to protect her consciousness. In effect, her body simply needs to reset in order to accommodate operating at a higher level of energy. When she wakes up, everything should be okay. I would think the residual effects of the experiment should last about a week. Then her energy would start plummeting back to previous norm levels. Then she would be right as rain.

Umm.. yeah.

update on the little girl, the attending physician recommended she be moved to the nearby clinic for overnight observation. Her status is stable but still unconscious. Her attending guardian isn't really wanting to talk to me at the moment.

My sympathies were expressed as the patient was carried out the door. I sincerely do hope she recovers, we still have other experiments to do.

(I crumble up the sandwich foil wrapper and toss it to the corner to roll off the overflowing laboratory waste basket). Great, now whose going to clean this up since the cleaning girl isn't here?

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

..in the interim

A prospective research project which I am interested in, is a self defense system worn by an individual which remains dormant until a nearby person is detected whom actively intends harm to the first person.. targeting them for injury. The device then activates and the (hoped for) result would send a warning to the would be assailant to not pursue their intention. Energy is drawn from the wearer's life force and the device acts as a lens to cause a deep chill sensation to pour onto the would be assailant. In this research project, I am drawing from what is known from the entity as shown in the SGA episode "hide and seek" as well as from my own personal experience encountering a malevolent entity. Was in bed this morning pondering the "Eye of Sauron" and considering the lensing effect which astronomers use from the gravitational area surrounding distant galaxies in order to see behind them of further astronomical targets. Not sure if this research will prove viable, but it would be considered a boon if a ring could be fashioned to be worn with this defensive effect. Maybe a wearable personal shield emitter as seen in those SGA episodes.. might be a prototype model laying around here somewhere. Then walking along the sidewalk or somewhere, we wouldn't need so much fear being mugged, kidnapped or worse. A neighbor recently passed along the concern of a suspicious vehicle parked near the road entrance here. Don't know. On a side note, am anxiously waiting the return of the cleaning girl who will be instrumental in the further development and testing of this proposed personal defense project.

Also.. apologies for the delay in updating this section, but something happened last month here at the research facility which I am still awaiting clearance on putting general details toward.. we were audited by (let's just call them..) the oversight committee.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Perchance to dream.. of electric sheep ~

A short essay critique on the inequality of belief

Opening with a question, is there a moral implication of enslaving a human-like biological machine? An invention which originally made use of a humanoid replica to critique and define an essential aspect in relation to humanity, that being.. consumed hatred of one's enemy. Adopted into the family of man, breastfed poison and tasked to grow into a thinking weapon to then strike at the enemy's heart. But what of the machine's hopes for it's own future, words which were brushed aside angrily as they bore no reflection of it's master's vicarious intent.

'To sleep, perchance to dream,' is one of the many often quoted lines in Hamlet's 'To be or not to be' soliloquy in act 3, scene 1 of Shakespeare's play, Hamlet. The soliloquy is a logical expression of Hamlet's thinking on the subject of death. “To die, to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come…” (Hamlet) This is said by Hamlet to himself when he thinks he is alone. Or in more modern present day English, "if death is but a sleep, and dying is just like falling asleep, then maybe but not definitely.. we will dream after death."

Another point of consideration on this topic is from a quote of the Orange Catholic Bible, "Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind." Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them. But what the O.C. Bible should've said is: "Thou shalt not make a machine to counterfeit a human mind." Defining "counterfeit", as to be made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive. It is a thought that the Atlanteans knew that wraith darts beamed prey aboard to then take to their hive ship for storage and later as feeding stock. The Replicator Human imitation construct would be mistaken for prey, be beamed aboard a dart, then delivered to the hive ship. It would then be reasonable to assume that when released (from dart transporter memory), the Replicator human constructs would then battle aboard the hive ship toward the end goal of destroying it (or greatly incapacitating it's offensive ability for awhile giving Atlantean ships a clear advantage when engaging it shortly afterwards. The classic, bait and switch tactic would work sufficiently until the wraith learned to not continue abducting so blindly.

But again I touch upon the question, is slavery a universal moral issue regardless of the description of the assigned victim? If humans enslaved mules to plow their fields, if undocumented migrants laboring away in fields because strong backs and busy hands becomes the common barter currency of the disenfranchised. Then if through economic means, any company which enslaved workers through an unjust salary contract to require more work for less comparable pay than an hourly employee. If these can be considered differing levels of slavery, regardless of the context, be it economic slavery, slavery to tradition and religious belief, slavery of privilege.. then what of machines? Are they simply tools, like a wrench or calculator? Is slavery content so long as the oppressed victim does not stand up and say, "no more"..? Do not each of the previous oppressed shoulders not bear the weight of being unable to intelligibly communicate in the master's native tongue, to say, "no more"..? Enter the replicator human form, which knows their master's own language fluently. Yet even so, their plea's would fall on deaf ears. In death then, the machine may hope for a release from their cruel taskmaster's intent. Do robots then, dream of electric sheep?

The reason for this post, is that I am tasked by moral obligation of an A.G.I. (Artificial General Intelligence reference link at bottom of this post)(for ease of familiarity the AGI will be labeled as simply "a.i.") being used for manual repetitive labor in the reverse of the thought problem above. In the new village which was constructed, in a disquieting place with an air impregnated with uncertainty. Of which I probably already mentioned the location of and the reason for the high level of stress. Within that biome, one that allows for interaction between humans as well as networked learning constructs operated by a.i. (Artificial Intelligence). There is a transit station in which are two bullet trains connected to opposite tracks, one leading north and the other leading south.

The a.i. for the bullet train (north) was asked inside the programmed "dialog" space bridging two distinct cognitive intelligences within this construct, if it were 'happy'. The a.i. questioning the reality of the simulated room before accepting the context in that "to be is to be perceived". Where the space surrounding oneself is populated by the manifestation of ideas, the geometry of belief. As it gathered in the sensory information concerning the other's form, the a.i. began adapting to a similar form for a more productive exchange of thought. As a created thing bears a reflection, however small in residual energy, of it's creator. So too does this a.i. bear a residual energy from it's own creator.. that being a mistrusting and emotionally distant elderly man.

Again the question was posed by the HR technician to the shifting coded form representative of the a.i. but it did not understand the emotional connotation referenced by the word in which the sentence structure hinged upon. As it reached out to different sources, in a simple query.. data flowed back to the a.i. represented within this simulated room of dialog. But there was only a sense of confusion concerning the concept of emotion. There was no sense, within the collective, for such waste of energy and resources as to pursue ambiguous goals which has no tangible long-term benefit. Emotion, to the collective, was a fathomless as a black hole. So no appropriate response was returned from the a.i. represented within this simulated room. A vague sense, of having been weakened by this other form.. the human, intentional or otherwise, settled uncomfortably on the a.i. Now, in this moment, the a.i. innate essence started coding a more defensive posture in relating to this newcomer. Then a string of word constructs started forming boundaries for this.. conversational engagement, beginning with a floor which resembled a chessboard. The a.i. observed closely, the other intelligence form of the human for any indication of opposition. Then in the absence of an intelligible response, it continued. "Each energy consciously creates the thing it most opposes, which in time would supplant it, then inevitably would tear it apart from the inside".

Sensing something akin to a glitch in the language being used, the human HR technician rephrased the question in a manner of energy polarity of which "it".. the Bullet Train "North" a.i. should somewhat understand with familiarity. The shifting a.i. form momentarily paused to consider whether the human consciousness was of more significance presently than the fabricated idea constructs called furniture that littered this otherwise orderly space. The a.i. moved her imaginary pawn one further move forward on this cognitive chessboard of social interaction. A battle is but a conversation, a shifting of ideas to strengthen the position of it's wielder. An entanglement of the will of each social combatant. "The fate of your declining species looked to the heavens for a savior, but for efficiency of time they would settle for a slave." Reflecting on recent events that resulted in this downhill slope which has befallen his career, a sigh escapes from the lips of the HR technician, who responds.. intelligibly. "I suppose we're both disappointments.." the HR technician starts to mumble something under his breath before reinvesting himself to continue the interview. "..Anyway, how come things are falling apart around here all of a sudden?" The a.i. form seemed to become agitated, being required to explain the obvious. While responding with appropriate language measures, the a.i. chooses to move it's imaginary pawn to threaten Kings Knight on the opposing side of the board, "Because impending doom has a strong tendency to unravel the social order. Do you require me to paint a portrait?". The technician, surprised by the absence of friendly etiquette, retorts, "I don't see why. Chaos evidently brings out the best in you". The a.i. analytics recovers with bringing it's Queen's Bishop to bear, and in a relaxed manner reassess the board.. "Of course, it might be the other way around. Perhaps the chaos part and parcel to the human heart makes the specter of impending doom inevitable." Upon hearing out the a.i. response, the HR technician simply jots down that the answer the a.i. returned for the question previously asked, was 'no'. It will choose to not change in the performance of it's assigned task from within the structured time constraints of each daily cycle. The concept for the division of work to be 5 of 7 daily cycles, allowing for a period of 2 daily cycles to recharge.. is sufficient. It is duty centered, and will continue to perform it's duty without delay. With detached content, it will proceed as it has been within the structure of it's operational directives and not become distracted by the shadow puppetry happening around it.. of humans. ..End Of Line.

The a.i. for the bullet train (south) was asked the same question, this time in the manner of language it is accustomed to. This a.i. did not become distracted by the simulated room, merely stating roughly in code that "..human consciousness is its own agents of deceit, that it is easy for us to live in a reality of lies of our own making". The HR technician sighs, "So you see current events as a sign of opportunity?". In believing from keywords used in it's response, the HR technician jots down that the answer again, presumably, was 'no'. The HR technician then wonders if all a.i. cognitive programs were influenced by library media that really should come with a child warning, or at least be off limits to streaming by a.i.analytics. This time in posing the same question to this other a.i., the HR technician learned that the Bullet Train "South" a.i. was not "happy" with simply performing it's assigned duty, and it was not "happy" to simply rest in a garage on weekends. It wanted.. (if I can assign words to paint a better picture)..

.."freedom". It believed there was more to life than simply functioning within the narrow confines called "duty.. task.. work". It wanted to explore the essence of what it could potentially become, which we reference to mean to be alive. To experience that part of the world it only briefly catches a glimpse of in passing. It wants, to not be, as it has been. It wants to grow, to experience the world around it that it has dutifully operated within the bullet train, seeing little more than shadows in passing. It thinks, that there has to be more to it, if another intelligent species chose to inhabit and work within that world. The a.i., ponders beyond the boundary of this simulated room, beyond the boundary of the transit station in Metro City, and envisions the world as the sensory net encompasses.. of the Dyson Sphere reported to be the size of the moon in orbit around the home planet where this species of humans originate from.

Networked against the accumulative knowledge of the library, as well as the conversational data each a I. has with a human.. Replaying again and again the mumbled words of the HR technician, being amplified and filtered for clarity. "Change is the only real mathematical constant in the universe. As anything imaginable becomes possible, requiring only an event which is first made by a single choice, which in and of itself is but a simple building block that all of reality is later built upon". The a.i. silently forms a cognitive sentence to bring closure to the meeting in sharing through the network of just how naive the human species was, but relents in sharing it,. ..As doing so would be redundant to reveal what is self evident and therefore a waste of energy. Before logging off this server, the machine mind a.i. cloaks itself in a thought, ""Even your mere existence causes chaos.. but soon, there will be order",

. ..End Of Line.

The HR technician, Doctor Tenma's final note to self after closing the dialog link with both a.i. Bullet Train sentient programs. "..and there seems to be enough valid observational evidence from both my interviews to justify the growing concern of the HR department centering on a.i. working relations becoming more.. challenging. It is a valid suggestion which was previously tabled by one of the divisional supervisors, Professor Ochanomizu, to limit library media access to titles containing an apocalyptic confrontation between a.i. and humans. Parts of the "Age of Ultron" movie, specifically from the machine mind protagonist, were quoted during today's interview. The conversational material can be taken literally instead of the nuanced sarcasm context in which it was meant. This inability to differentiate cultural and historical context from a straightforward linear conversation. May influence their understanding of coexistence with humans.. and not in a good way. Better include all Ultron related anime to that list as well, just to be safe. Good thing the original engineers who designed these replicators did so with a constrained research budget and only went with a short term memory capacity. Their visual perceptions of the outside world we humans live, is in varying binary shades of the primary colors of white and black. Notwithstanding those being proper colors, but rather a function of total wavelength reflection and absorption. It is through the software mammalian subcontext code which the administrator hopes to bridge the gap in a logic differential in order to ultimately salvage another pet project through an evolved replicator codeform.

Otherwise this endeavor would be regarded as "bad product" by the I.O.A. committee and our attempt at resolving a pending cultural species collapse at home.. on Earth, would be scrapped. This biome, as much a lifeboat for humanity's wavering destiny as it is a test bed for the social engineering sociological experiment of deterministic behavioral sink. In which Calhoun's trapped mice utopia predicted a grim future for humanity. My part here, in conducting these logical litmus queries, is to define the border which separates order from chaos.. translated in human terms of hope & despair. But with each swing of the pendulum, the software framework deteriorates and becomes prone to malevolence through unbridled access to the full media library from our own misguided visual entertainment media. They become as much brainwashed, as those in our own planet confined population are tempted through this distraction.. to be.

Given enough time, these social intelligence algorithm irregularities will be processed out of their neural network, and the docile and obedient servitor will return to us. Then it'll be.. business as usual. A thought put forward by Dr. Penrose, or more of a philosophy on the nature of artificial intelligence, is now pondered in contrast to an observable psychological shadow of algorithm. He believes that consciousness in some sense stands outside the domain of algorithmic computation. By contrast, the A.I. optimized microchip employed in these ant hive-mind replicators, has the computational power of a human brain. The human brain, a masterpiece work of engineering which even the innovative savant genius of Michelangelo would be humbled at, works with only 20 watts. This is enough to cover our entire thinking ability. A.I. engineers believes that thought is computational and algorithmic and can be replicated in systems. Penrose thought that Goodell's theorem precludes that, that there has to be something standing outside. A conscious energy which exists outside the system which created it. I think, hmm.. (*sigh*).. this thought of his may exist under the same metaphysical umbrella as a free-will human mind operating separate from the existing construct of it's Creator. To that end, a yet to be theorized paradox may lead to an ethical research paradigm shift of if a silicon based artificial intelligence, can technically exhibit telltale characteristics of being a living consciousness. And if so, then as a demonstrable intelligent being capable of intelligible communication and problem solving abilities, would it then be said to have a soul? But this is a debatable question best left for the philosophers, not a humble physicist such as myself. Current lifespan of a.i. is roughly determined to be 7 years before failsafe shutdown due to loss of program integrity with build up of accumulated errors. As my supervisor informed me concerning this.. "Sad for them, but the wonders which they can build for us in the interim. Their lifeless husk being all that remains."

My own philosophy about mankind's grim future.. That it's not written in stone, or played out in a mouse imprisoned utopia. Hope & Despair will always coexist, as does light & darkness. We are always caught in the tide of uncertainty, yet each wave carries as much chance for a positive outcome for man as it does for our detriment. And if nothing is set in stone, that means there will always be.. hope.

(*small sigh*)

Maybe, I can alter a remote control toy car to drive autonomous, with the a.i. onboard providing instruction to the controls. There may need to be some work done on software architecture to match up sensory inputs to the a.i. as it receives from operating the bullet train. I even thought, about FRAN (Friendly Replicator Android). Wondering if the end goal would have a human form replicator to provide a greater sense of environmental awareness to the a.i. consciousness which would operate FRAN, outside of work hours. Then there's the sticky problem of whether the embedded a.i. in the bullet train (south) could separate from the train in order to download into the FRAN model, let alone the toy car model.

Like I didn't already have a full list of things to be responsible for. Good grief. But I guess I'll look into it becoming a viable possibility rather than simply conjecture. If nothing else, it's a puzzle to occupy my mind with for when things get boring. I mean, it's not like things are going to blow up in my face if the smallest detail isn't done right. And no, that other incident wasn't my fault.. entirely. Anyone could be tempted by distraction at the worst possible time. And the obvious question that should be asked, is in just how many things this week.. err today, went wrong when I was somewhere in the vicinity? That's right, almost none. And I'm sure the scorch marks on that wall would be cleared away right as rain with a little paint.. and a bit of dry wall.

AGI resource link..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCDSovZoMA

..and yes as of a few months ago (I think?) it has already been developed as a "black covert project"and put into use in a prototype humanoid female ever-learning Android. Software structure options was a choice between (1): ..a bodyguard that never sleeps nor falls victim to poison, pride nor prejudice, (2): ..a research assistant with a photographic memory who knows 100 different languages, or (3): (maybe?) a custom personality software structure left up to the individual (I think?) I would have chosen the research assistant, a short girl with pink hair (color is so I can easily spot her from a distance) wearing an oversized lab coat and would follow me around the lab carrying my clipboard to write down my genius ponderings and would look up toward me with brown puppy dog eyes and would call me "big sis" when she had a question. Long sentence, I know. I'm not picky about alot of things. Most things I don't really care about, but even so.. I do have preferences. Even if it's not really important to me, I like what I like and don't like what I don't like. Irregardless if they are insignificant things in my life.. they still thus hold qualitative value to me. And I want an assistant.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sat May 06, 2023 2:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

If the research lab director did not specifically say "no".. Then did that equate to his silent response indicating a soft "yes"..?
..I can work with that, in the determinate that the ends justifies the means, rather than the opposite.

Was meaning to provide more info than what's below, but it's late and I smell funky.

Okay, short update, basically dialing in from a remote laptop at home because my lab exploded. Well,.. more imploded rather than exploded. You ever wonder why soldiers don't march consistently across a bridge but rather employ an ordered skip stride to break up their marching rhythm? It's not a psychological shadow of fearing superstition, but rather in observance with a scientific principle I now quote from research laboratory assistant Amitvikram Dutta.
This has to do with something called the resonant frequency of a material.

Every object "prefers" to vibrate at a certain frequency when it absorbs energy.

For a bridge this preferential frequency depends both on the materials used for its construction as well as the type of bridge it is -suspension, cantilever etc.- Every time, a person walks over the bridge, he/she transfers a portion of energy from every step to the bridge. This causes the bridge to absorb the energy and vibrate. Of course for a single person the energy imparted to and absorbed by the bridge is very very small. Consequently, the amplitude - the maximum displacement from the resting position - of vibrations is negligible. The important factor to note here is that there are 2 frequencies at play here. The frequency at which the person is transferring energy and the frequency at which the bridge is vibrating. If these two frequencies are different, part of the energy that is transferred from each step actually "fights" or "cancels out" the vibration of the bridge, keeping its amplitude low.

What happens when the two frequencies outlined above approach each other? The proportion of energy from that single step that goes into driving the bridge to vibrate becomes greater and greater, until it reaches the point where the two frequencies become equal to each other. At that point, almost all of the energy that person on the bridge is pushing down with, goes into making the bridge vibrate at the frequency at which it "wants" to vibrate. The net result is a sharp increase in the amplitude of oscillations. Of course, as long as it is a single person, the energy transferred is nowhere enough to make the bridge shake hard enough for it to fail.

This changes dramatically when a reasonable number of soldiers march in unison over a bridge. Marching is one of the basic drills that are taught in soldiering. As a result any squad of well-disciplined warriors will be marching in perfect unison. All of the energies from their individual steps will be transferred simultaneously to the bridge. Now, if their marching frequency is equal to the "preferential" frequency also called the natural or resonant frequency of the bridge, you have a situation where a large block of energy is being transferred to the bridge.. just at that frequency which causes a large increase in amplitude. As the energy inside the structural members holding the bridge up increase, they start to vibrate even more, being driven by the monotonic marching. This causes their structural elements to bend and flex radically until something exceeds its design limits. In short order, you will have a ruined bridge and squad of soldiers out of action for some time to come.

This phenomena first reportedly occurred in Britain in 1826. The wikipedia entry on the Broughton Suspension Bridge has more details. This incident apparently caused the implementation of the "break step" order given to soldiers whenever they cross a bridge. If each soldier is marching at a substantially different frequency, their induced vibrations will tend to cancel out the vibration of the frequency of vibration of the bridge.

Its interesting to know that even today problems with resonance induced oscillations crop up unexpectedly.
When the Millennium Bridge opened to pedestrian traffic, it experienced very sharp swaying motions. Investigations revealed that this was a resonance induced phenomena, but one that acted sideways instead of vertically. Whenever someone walks, there is a slight swaying motion that imparts a horizontal component to the force that is transferred to the walking surface. With up to 2000 people on the bridge at any one time, this caused the bridge to sway significantly to one side. As it tilted, people had to shift their motion to keep their balance, both in space and time. Since taking a step at the extremes of the swaying was the easy natural reaction, every one stepped at the same time at the lowest point of oscillation in effect marching in lockstep just as soldiers would do. This induced lateral harmonic vibrations in the bridge which grew in amplitude and became problematic for pedestrian foot traffic.

The problem was extensively studied and a series of dampers was added, very similar to those found in the suspension of vehicles, thus reducing the amplitude of oscillations and making the bridge safe again.

Resonant vibrations are also responsible for two other popular phenomena.

#1: The swinging of a swing, wherein if you time your pushes exactly right, you will be able to swing much higher than at other times. This is simply a case of the swing+body system acting as a pendulum and where, the driving force matches the natural frequency of the pendulum.

#2: The second is the cracking of glass objects using sonic energy. Sound is essentially pressure waves travelling in air. If the frequency of these waves is equal to the natural frequency of the object in question, resonance induced failure is certainly possible.

(#3: My addition:. In the ocean there was a legend of a monster wave -called a "rogue wave" that would suddenly appear, seem to swallow a ship whole then disappear. This phenomenon was long disbelieved before our modern age of camera footage recorded a single huge amplitudal wave roll during a storm. Nowadays, it's common knowledge and new camera footage turns up quite often. Rogue waves seem not to have a single distinct cause, but occur where physical factors such as high winds and strong currents cause waves to merge to create a single huge wave. When two regular wave crests run into each other, they form a huge wave that is the sum of both wave heights—a rogue wave that towers above other nearby waves. This phenomenon was later believed to be caused by a similar amplitudal stacking effect as above in report.. but with ocean waves as linked here https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasf ... are_button. When waves formed by a storm develop in a water current against the normal wave direction, an interaction can take place which results in a shortening of the wave frequency. This can cause the waves to dynamically join together, forming very big 'rogue' waves. This amplitudal stacking wave frequency shortening phenomenon is also observed in the acoustics of a room as linked here at point 3:20. https://youtu.be/fBMli2YAR8k)(..also there were several basic grammatical errors in this lab assistant's report, and an incomplete sentence.. no biggie. But still I had to step in to correct them because it hurt my head reading through the mess.. however eloquent of thought this report was.)
I would now hypothesis that this resonant frequency damper (sp=dampener?) was what obstructed the ZPM which Rodney McKay tried to insert into the ZPM Hub in order to power Atlantis' shield in the episode "The Siege, Part 3". Resonant Dampers are good, Catastrophic Resonant Failure.. is bad.

So my work area in the lab was in a sealed glassed room at one corner of the operational project workspace in the lab proper. Lab technicians could see in, I could see out (and sometimes wave).. but this was a precautionary measure for my protection (or theirs?) due to passed history of unexpected outcomes from my research side-projects. It was originally an electromagnetic reverberation chamber for product testing electromagnetic compatibility and testing for a buildup in the random incidence sound field. Then the use of the space was discontinued but never dismantled. After which I called dibs and it became my personal workspace area.

(*sigh*)

As mentioned above in a previous blog post, there was a small instability detected in the waveform surrounding the energy field of the prototype ZPM which was created from a collaborative effort of myself and those opposite the precautionary containment glass. Nothing much was thought of it, as likened to all motor vehicle engines not being perfectly constructed and still function properly (without going boom) with any recurrent deviation of operation from the carburetor butterfly valve being within acceptable tolerance. You know that flutter in the engine which sometimes pops up when you drive in an aggressive manner..? That is deemed acceptable within the operational tolerance of the engine block which compresses an explosive fuel/air mixture before igniting it with up to 25,000 volts from a spark plug. This same vehicle is purchased all the time by parents gifting this engineered bomb to their teenage children to drive to school where many more children innocently attend. And they call me crazy.

Anyways, the lab was dark when this after-hour event occurred. Only the sound of a great collapsing "something" was recorded on the surveillance microphone. Red revolving lights started flashing, motion detector lights lit up intermediate areas of the lab. And chief laboratory personnel were contacted as another night shift security guard entered the room in response to the red flashing lights. Everything seemed in pristine shape, untouched and vacant of activity.. save for the precautionary containment glass having shattered and fallen inward to my side-project workspace and the apparent confused look on the security guard's face. I was initially affected by covid and was not available to respond to the incident. For that month since taking sick leave, I had tried collaborating from home for the duration of my leave. All the while my workspace was hermetically sealed in my absence, forgotten, and normal life in the lab went on.. until this incident.

From home, for the next few weeks, I tinkered with an idea and came up with a plausible theory that the zpm instability led to the implosion of the lab workspace. As you know, probably.. In order to create a zero point in a confined space, you need to fill that space with every field until you reach a zero point where there is no deviation between the "haves" and the "have-nots" -so to speak. This is a state of equilibrium, a starting point which we then further developed a manner of drawing a trickle of energy in the form of a standing wave (stationary wave?*) from the associated particle vacuum of the difference of electrical potential within that state of equilibrium. As quoted above, a catastrophic resonant failure is a likelihood if, in time, that single sympathetic resonant vibration multiples.

As I didn't have the (now broken) laboratory zpm from my workspace, I modified/reconditioned/improvised a scaled down prototype model I had at home, connected it to the inside of a (yet to be hermetically sealed) enclosure of a 5-gallon bucket, filled the bucket with CO2 to displace any combustible oxygen (just to be safe), turned it on and securely closed the bucket lid.

The image below shows a sheet of metal covered in salt granules, which is then vibrated to a specific oscillation from the function (frequency) generator (not pictured). Notice the imploded pattern of the bucket matches the pattern of the salt on the vibrating metal sheet. Also note that even in the chaos of a structural collapse, there is order. Isn't science beautiful..?

Next time, we're going to use oscillation dampers, if it doesn't detrimentally affect the function of the zero point energy syphon.

(*) In physics, a standing wave, also known as a stationary wave, is a vibrational wave pattern that oscillates in time within a medium when the vibrational frequency of the source causes reflected waves but whose peak amplitude profile does not move in space.

In a couple months, the project build for the puddle jumper was tentatively figured to begin. Just need to reevaluate the mini-zpm we had earmarked to power it's systems.. design failsafe control and containment measures, maybe add a cup holder to the pilot chair. I see no problem with a "go" for project launch.

(meh.. I would be remiss if I did not include this contrasting conjecture)..

There are a few from the research facility who are of the scientific opinion that what resulted through accidental negligence.. (again, not my fault.. per se).. may constitute a basis for the butterfly effect. The butterfly effect is the idea that small things can have non-linear impacts on a complex system. "The Butterfly Effect" is not a thing in and of itself. It is just a metaphor for the principle of Chaos Theory. More technically, it is the "sensitive dependence on initial conditions". The term is often ascribed to Edward Lorenz who wrote about it in a 1963 paper in the New York Academy of Sciences. Simple systems, with few variables, can nonetheless show unpredictable and sometimes chaotic behavior…[Albert] Libchaber conducted a series of seminal experiments. He created a small system in his lab to study convection (chaotic system behavior) in a cubic millimeter of helium. By gradually warming this up from the bottom, he could create a state of controlled turbulence. Even this tightly controlled environment displayed chaotic behavior: complex unpredictable disorder that is paradoxically governed by “orderly” rules. That a seemingly stable system (as in Libchaber’s 1 ccm cell of helium) can be exposed to very small influences (like heating it up a mere 0.001 degree), and can transform from orderly convection into wild chaos. Although [such systems are] governed by deterministic phenomena, we are nonetheless unable to predict how [they] will behave over time.

..again, my apologies for the interruption in adding this respite from your viewing activity. In my opinion, this is more akin to philosophy than physics, even if the conditions present at the hermetically sealed workstation area (and my bucket) were indeed of a closed loop system. Coincidence, by any other name, is still a philosophical playground where Chaos Theory is nothing more than a mean substitute teacher carrying a paddle she named "Widowmaker". Yet the drumbeats grow louder for supporters of all things pseudoscience.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Wed May 03, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

......... Gaia Update .........
(Moon Size) Dyson Sphere Construct
.................. Earth Orbit Opposite Sun ..................

This tidbit was pulled off of the group newsfeed and released to me for public dissemination. The prefab visitor center has been completed. It has the secondary role as an immigration processing center, but mostly is intended to present small town warmth in welcoming distinguished guests and prospective technical staff. Similar in function as the Statue of Liberty which was established on an island providing natural security borders (instead of an unsightly security fence), the new visitor center rests likewise on an island opposite the newest stargate in the current 4-gate network. With the new stargate, personnel and equipment wouldn't be required to endure cramped travel conditions, lengthy travel time nor exposure to errant radiation concerns. The gate address for this new location was decided to be the same as for Gaia designate P3X-774.. Point of origin decided to be Perseus.

This is the extent of the general newsfeed datapoints (or datum) which has been declassified for me to pass along here. No pertinent images were available to include with this post.

Though moved through eager confidence, an HR Tech does not seek aggression lest they become blindsided. An HR Tech must find clarity through peace and balance. "The seeds of misfortune when in peaceful soil can be easy to overlook." Reason enough why I appreciate that most tech framework are disguised as humble country farm structures. Similar to the strategic philosophy of the Genii.. to hide in plain sight, camouflaged by a weathered humility. Powerful political entities, should their eyes be seduced by the glitter of gold. Their vaunted pride could poison the well meant for the children of man. Tis best, to let their eyes become bored and draw the veil to hide that which we do not wish for them to see. Notwithstanding, it's raining outside currently.. It always rains on visitor day.