Say What?

LTTPlits

Re: Say What?

Post by LTTPlits »

ergomac23 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:32 pm in honor of Winston aka "frog"
Was too slow with my first reply....
:lol: :lol: :lol: Must say I have never met a dog who was so particular..... :D Usually, it is the other way around.....! ;)
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

EJA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:47 pm Thought he stated peridot was his favorite color. Huh, it may have been a joke😏.
I always figured he mentioned peridot because his daughter was born in August and peridot is the birthstone for August :)
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:54 pm
EJA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:47 pm Thought he stated peridot was his favorite color. Huh, it may have been a joke😏.
Now that color I remember him mentioning. But my remembering that comment tells you it was likely Jack who said it! But I always wondered if Jack was really being serious.... seemed an odd choice for a military man. ;)
ergomac23 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:14 pm the first season of sg1 they experimented with hair color till rick didn't care about the cosmetics of his character anymore and said let it go grey.
So glad they did... He looked so much better. Your past thread from earlier this year starring Jack's ever-changing hair color was great! :lol: Still makes me laugh...
ergomac23 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:14 pm his glasses are for reading he has said that he is slightly color blind trouble is with reds and greens something he found out when he was called up for the Vietnam war and when they were going through the medical stuff they had a big book of colors and he went through and told them what colors he could see the doc said "hey do you know your slightly color blind?" and he was put on the second string of solders that never ended up going to war also rick is extremely near sighted as he said once " I'm so near sighted I can't hear properly" :lol: but basically he needs his glasses to read so he doesn't need them all the time...... his favorite color changes on occasion sometimes it's a sunset orange other times it's skin color whatever that means :?
Thought his glasses were for reading... but never knew any of that other stuff. Maybe his changing favorite colors have to do with his slight color blindness?!!! "Skin color?!".... Yeah, you got me on that one. Wouldn't even go there.... :o :shock:
ergomac23 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:14 pm as for frog there was no issue there as far as I know rick loves dogs oh and frogs real name was Winston :D
I'm glad to hear that. I've always imagined that there would never be a dog Rick didn't love... as opposed to people! Winston is the perfect name for that dog.... He does look Churchillian! All he needs is a cigar...
ergomac23 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:14 pm i hope this clears somethings up for you jp :D
Absolutely does, erg. And thanks! :D
your welcome jp :lol: :lol: your right Winston does look Churchillian :lol: :lol: the cigar :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the skin color thing is just a joke anyway he has always had a strange sense of humor .
Torremolinos

Weather

Post by Torremolinos »

Hi...has anyone heard how Rick and his house are doing during all this unbelievible weather in Calif.?
Hope everyone (Wylie Apryl are OK).Wish he or Kate would let us know. Write if you know anything. Thanks :?:
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

ergomac23 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:07 am I always figured he mentioned peridot because his daughter was born in August and peridot is the birthstone for August :)
That makes sense; more sense than for it really to have been Jack's! Probably one of his infamous ad-libs and an inside joke...
ergomac23 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:11 am I think the skin color thing is just a joke anyway he has always had a strange sense of humor .
Let's just say his sense of humor is... unique! :D ;)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Great conversation :D :D :lol: :lol:
and
LTTPlits wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:46 am his unique sense of humor :D ;)

Winston : I travel in limo ( color blind too ? )

Pose with fans .

Fame is exhilarating ! The blond-haired guy in the background ? He's my sidekick . Every star needs one . Very promising , he'll go far ... he can bear my whims (= farts) with a smile . He calls me Winnie the Poo . But I forgive him . He's so charming !
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 am Great conversation :D :D :lol: :lol:
Yes, great fun and educational too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (I know so much more about Jack than I do about Rick!) :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , erg and V!
Yes, in honor of Winston :D This dog's life is not easy....

WINSTON: I was going to be playing this character, "Frog," in the hit series, MacGyver, and met up with the star. From the start, I knew we were going to get along just great.

WINSTON: During the shoot we were inseparable. He took me everywhere and was really easy to work with. A really down-to-earth kind of guy. I loved all the treats but mostly just being with him. He certainly lived up to his reputation of being a real dog lover.

WINSTON: And then it happened.... When I realized we were coming to the end of the gig, I was very sad. Being a professional, that's just never happened before. But I'd never worked before with such a really special human like him either.... Oh, he was nice about all the reasons he couldn't take me home with him... that it wasn't me, but him... that he couldn't make that kind of commitment...

WINSTON: Because it turns out, he has someone, Whiskey, at home.... I gotta admit I was a little jealous... but that's what you get for mixing business with pleasure.... I hear that as nice a human as he is, along the way, he has left some other broken hearts behind... *sigh*
;)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

I need some help. Sometimes when I edit a post, both the original and the edited post get submitted so they appear in duplicate! Sometimes on the bottom of an edited post, it will have the time and how many times I have edited it. I have never seen that before on anyone else's edited posts. Finally, to get rid of that, I had to cut the original post, delete it, and start over by pasting the content into a new reply and submitting it again. I know I can't be the only one who edits posts. Right, V?!!!! ;) This has started happening only recently. What am I doing wrong?!!!! :?
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Torremolinos wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:30 am Hi...has anyone heard how Rick and his house are doing during all this unbelievible weather in Calif.?
Hope everyone (Wylie Apryl are OK).Wish he or Kate would let us know. Write if you know anything. Thanks :?:
I have wondered the same, since CA is getting the most unusual and scary weather this year, with more to come, I understand. I have friends and family out there but no one in the Malibu area and from what I understand, the weather is very local! So, sorry, I have no news about Rick.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I don't know anything about Rick and his family either . Sorry .

( back to our previous conversation speaking of favorite colors ) : He often wears orange in public ( > photo gallery )

But skin color clothes are fine by me :D :