Help ! Looking for ...

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Help ! Looking for ...

Post by KateR »

I had a few extra hours last night, so I went ahead and finished the collection.

These are from TV Guide, and the listings are printed on newsprint paper, which means the text from the opposite side of the page will often bleed through. Sorry about that, but it will take more editing than I have time for right now to try to erase those "shadows."

For now, and for a limited time, they are available in large size here:

http://rdanderson.com/macgyver/features/tvguide.htm

Because of the size, the page may load very slowly. Later, I'll redo the page, reduce the size, and probably make it part of the MacGyver section.

As I was scanning these, I came across all the little "mini articles" from TV Guide over the years, usually one or two paragraphs with a color picture and a bit of news, like when he broke his arm or when the show focused on a special theme. I suppose I should scan those in as well, since they are not really long enough to be part of the Archives.

At the moment, though, I'm trying to finish the Photo Gallery for Stargate. I'm almost finished with the episode and promo photos. After that comes the huge job of sequencing and labeling all the "public appearance" photos from the last 20 years. :shock:

My GOODNESS, that man has appeared in a lot of photos!

Kate
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

And aaaalwas in such a fantastic way!!! Thank you Kate!!!
Lots of love,

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Kate, you're the best. I just love these wonderful, amazing pictures/ads. Thank you so much for finding the time to post them here, and for making them in large size. They are just great. About the "mini articles" that you mention, it would be nice to include them in the archives. It is always a joy reading every little detail about THE MAN.
I can imagine the hard job is waiting for you, for sorting out and organizing the "public appearance" photos over the last 20 years. Must be a whole lot of them. Please take all the time you need. We'll be waiting patiently, and I know they're gonna be awesome, like every single one in the gallery.
Again, thank you from the bottom of our heart, for adding these fantastic ads here. It was a nice surprise. And we appreciate it a lot, for your time and efforts in making always the best and please us in the best possible way.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thank you so much, Kate!

... and if it makes you laugh, I put the pic with the paperclip (Agent/Weapon) on the door to my lab. :lol: :lol:

What a nice welcome, every time I get here. :oops:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

LOOOOOVE the TV Guide MacGyver Ads :!: :!: :!:
A belated THANK YOU, Kate! :lol:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

mhm. the side from the link is not loading anymore. are this pics / ads somewhere else / in another topic? sorry just not had the time to look all of it trough my self. may be somebody can help...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Jack(s) wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 am mhm. the side from the link is not loading anymore. are this pics / ads somewhere else / in another topic? sorry just not had the time to look all of it trough my self. may be somebody can help...
They are in the MacGyver section of the website. Under "Special Features."

Kate
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thank you Kate. found it and love it. me personally find it interesting and amazing what you collected and kept all over the years and now we can see it too. Thanks again
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

I discovered them today (and Mac Gyver's caracteristic features section ;)). It's great to find new things each time I come here... Thank you memories... :lol:
Woof.. 😁