Help ! Looking for ...

Heltihès

Help ! Looking for ...

Post by Heltihès »

Hi,

I came across these ads of MacGyver and I absolutely love them ! :D (my favorite is the one with the rope ... :roll: ;) ) I would like to have them printed, but unfortunately, the quality on theses files is very low. :(
I looked on Kate's gallery, but could not find theses ads.
I was wondering if any of you has theses ads at a better quality and bigger size ? And what do you know about theses ads ? When did they appear ? On what newspaper, magazine ?

Image Image Image

(I have another one, but for some reason, I can't upload it.)

Thank you for your help ;)
Last edited by Heltihès on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateR
Site Admin

Re: Help ! Looking for

Post by KateR »

Those ads appeared in the TV Guide each week when MacGyver was starting out.

I did tear out and save those pages from the TV Guide (there were quite a few of them), but I didn't put them in the Photo Gallery, I guess because they didn't seem like "photos" to me. Perhaps I should put them in the MacGyver section?

I haven't scanned them, so I don't have them in a digital version (yet). I didn't realize anyone else would want to see them! :)

Kate
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 pm Those ads appeared in the TV Guide each week when MacGyver was starting out.

I did tear out and save those pages from the TV Guide (there were quite a few of them), but I didn't put them in the Photo Gallery, I guess because they didn't seem like "photos" to me. Perhaps I should put them in the MacGyver section?

I haven't scanned them, so I don't have them in a digital version (yet). I didn't realize anyone else would want to see them! :)

Kate
:shock: :shock: :D :D Thank you for these precious informations !
Theses ads seems very rare (I mean, it is not something you see every time you type MacGyver on Google), and I didn't know if anyone could really help me ... But I guess that if anyone could help, it would be you Kate ! :D
I would very much like to have a scanned version of theses ads ! :o :D ... whenever you have the time ;) :roll:
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I love them!!! I can remember a view cause my grandma had a TV guide, but most of the times it was the same picture and not very sharp.. These are fantastic Thank you Helithes and Kate......take your time ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I just checked my files, and I have a series of 37 of them, throughout MacGyver's run.

I'll see if I can find some time to start scanning some of them.

Kate
BarbaraB

Re: Help ! Looking for ...

Post by BarbaraB »

I just checked my files, and I have a series of 37 of them, throughout MacGyver's run.

Thanks, Kate! I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Barbara
Caty

Post by Caty »

I love them and never saw any of them before.
I would really appreciate it, if you could put them in the gallery, Kate. Thank you so much, but take your time.
I'm very patient ;) (...looking every day in the gallery :lol: :lol: )
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 pm I just checked my files, and I have a series of 37 of them, throughout MacGyver's run.

Kate
37 ?! I had no idea there was so many ! :o I can't wait to see them :) Thanks !
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I didn't think of putting them in the Photo Gallery because they didn't seem like "photos" to me - they are ads.

But if there is so much interest in them, perhaps I can put them into the Features pages of the MacGyver section.

I started scanning them and got the first set uploaded, from season 1 and 2.

For now they are just on a rough page that's not yet attached to the website. And the images are very large, so the page may be slow to load. Once I finish them and organize them, they will be considerably smaller.

You can see them as I upload them here:

http://rdanderson.com/macgyver/features/tvguide.htm

Enjoy!

Kate
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

:shock: :shock: :D Thank you so much !!! :D ;)