Security Warning

KateR
Site Admin

Security Warning

Post by KateR »

To anyone who manages to get into the Forum despite the security warning that is currently appearing on the site - don't worry! There is nothing wrong.

The security certificate is supposed to renew automatically, but my web host tells me that with the turnover of the new year, the independent company that issues the certificates can't keep up with the backlog. My web host tried to update it manually and still got a message that they are being issued in order.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to do but be patient and wait for them to work through the queue. Hopefully the problem will be corrected soon.

However, in the meantime, you can still enter the "unsecure" version of the website - it's perfectly safe. Just take out the "s" in the URL:

Go to http://rdanderson.com instead of https://rdanderson.com and the website should still function.

Feel free to spread the word. :)

Kate
ergomac23

Re: Security Warning

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate I was wondering what was going on everything seems back to normal now thank you again for your hard work you put into this forum and website and keeping us informed thank you :D :D :D
KateR
Site Admin

Re: Security Warning

Post by KateR »

Yes, the certificate was finally verified.

It's valid for three months. :roll:

So at least if this happens again, you'll know what is going on.

The irony is that these SSL certificates are really meant for commercial sites that handle money, to keep your identity and finances safe. It's not really urgent for a site like this one, but people get nervous if a browser labels a site as "unsecure."

So, since the SSL is part of my hosting package, I opted for it. It may be more of a nuisance than a benefit. :roll:

But for now we're back to normal. :)

Kate