Paris Manga 3.4 December 2022

karinedauphin

Re: Paris Manga 3.4 December 2022

Post by karinedauphin »

About a translation... it was a nightmare....
With some of friends they were with me in Paris Manga we prepare a claim letter with all that was not okay (heater for example). But the translation was .... let me think... was not ... in fact.... The translation is a really job. The poor girl even didn't known the show Stargate. So for translating a reference to an episode it was not easy. And she translated only for Richard and Amanda. The french crowd understands the answers of course but the international visitors couldn't understood anything or the french questions requested by the French people in the crowd...
M. Anderson asked durind the Q&A session if people understood them. Of course most speak english... but the point is not here.
It was the same in Meet and Greet. A person told us "just a minut, the translator will come". She came but translated nothing... And she only twice disturbeb M. Anderson as he spoke to tell him that the M&G was finished. He didn't really appreciated.
Fortunaly I don't need any translator because she translated nothing anyway

Anyway... We keep in eyes beautiful stars. M. Anderson is still adorable, patient, and he loves meet his fans again. But even him has annoyed with the problem organisation and the lack of heater. Paris Manga has not really respected notoriety of M. Anderson and Mrs Tapping. Paris Manga sold over tickects that it was simply impossible for them both to sign every autogram tickets. And some were disappointed because they came home without autograms or photos...

Sorry about the french organisation ... but in Paris Manga... was no organisation...

Have a beautiful day
Last edited by karinedauphin on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

I was one of those coming home without having the chance to get my autographs... at least I got the photos and a very special moment with RDA! :roll:

And I was lucky enough - as an international guest, as you called them - to have a few French friends around, helping me with translations! Thanks so much girls, you´ve made it a great day and experience - apart from all the trouble I went through on that day (to top it all off, my flight home in the evening was rebooked by AirFrance to Monday morning :evil: )!
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

The organization was really terrible. I'm one of those guys who flew home without an autograph from RDA. I stood in line for autographs for ages both days and nothing really moved. At least I got all the photos and the autographs from Amanda. Very happy with that. I also think the promoters had no idea about the popularity of RDA and Amanda. Very annoying, but the positive outweighs the negative. Met a lot of lovely people. Met old acquaintances and made new friends.
And I was able to take a lot of photos.
Even though we were very annoyed about some things, we still had a wonderful weekend.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

it's so cool you guys got to see rick again even with the convention problems, I think convention promoters in general have no idea how popular Rick is clearly they need to research ahead of time :roll:
thank you for telling us about the convention and glad you had fun :D
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:57 am Well that's life ,erg but thanks .
I could only find this short video for the Sunday q&a . The sound is so so but it's mainly in English and it's focused on Rick ( who's great and sweet and so funny !) That smile :oops:
https://youtu.be/LrJ-em4zqHs
( sorry about the numerous commercial breaks ...)
AND that one focused on Amanda , very nice and sweet too !
https://youtu.be/LY_oM0zOT8Q
yep those are the ones I was talking about V and I agree that smile is breath taking :oops: also it's funny how easily they can make each other blush there friendship is so sweet :D
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

JackGywer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:46 am The organization was really terrible. I'm one of those guys who flew home without an autograph from RDA. I stood in line for autographs for ages both days and nothing really moved. At least I got all the photos and the autographs from Amanda. Very happy with that. I also think the promoters had no idea about the popularity of RDA and Amanda. Very annoying, but the positive outweighs the negative. Met a lot of lovely people. Met old acquaintances and made new friends.
And I was able to take a lot of photos.
Even though we were very annoyed about some things, we still had a wonderful weekend.
bluegirl wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 am I was one of those coming home without having the chance to get my autographs... at least I got the photos and a very special moment with RDA! :roll:

And I was lucky enough - as an international guest, as you called them - to have a few French friends around, helping me with translations! Thanks so much girls, you´ve made it a great day and experience - apart from all the trouble I went through on that day (to top it all off, my flight home in the evening was rebooked by AirFrance to Monday morning :evil: )!
About the autograph the same thing happened to me 4 years ago in Paris too . I had to leave to catch my train and couldn't get it . When I saw the times I knew there would be trouble ( not enough time to sign them all) + the meet and greet only 15 minutes ?
The first con I went to was in Germany (Fedcon 23) . It started on Thursday and finished on Sunday . German organisation ( quite a compliment though if I remember well Rick didn't have time to finish all the autographs of the first day so he signed them on the next one) in a luxurious hotel ( not a cold and very noisy 'warehouse' with manga fans around and other guests coming from VERY different shows like in Paris ). It wasn't in December ! Everything was said in English ( we are so bad at languages in France ... translations obviously make lose time in q&a )
I got a meet and greet which lasted almost an hour !!!
Still... I'm very happy for you guys . Meeting ( or seeing ) RDA and Amanda must have been a great experience ! And as you said an opportunity to share with other fans .
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I found the lack of language skills of the Stuff really sad. It should be a requirement for this job. Sometimes there were even children doing the work there. I've never seen that at an event like this before.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

It is so true what Judith and Karine said about the terrible organization of the convention, and the fact that Judith missed out on an autograph is really sad, but if Rick would have had his way, he would have made sure everyone was taken care of. We all had a wonderful time anyway and lots of fun.

It was awesome meeting all the fans that I have communicated with on Facebook and meeting them face to face. Judith, Josyane, and Karine were my angels, I would have been so lost without them. I am so grateful for their friendship.

Both Rick and Amanda were so kind and tolerant, smiling all day long and speaking to fans, Amanda said her bucket was full, I feel like my heart is full and so glad I made this trip to see them. Life is about making dreams come true and this event was one of those moments. I have more great memories now.

much love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Ich war das erste Mal auf einer Con. Mein Kindheitstraum wurde wahr. Ich habe ein Fotoshooting mit Rick und Amanda gehabt. Leider keine Autogramme bekommen. Aber beide sind so liebenswert. Es war so kalt. Aber ich habe einige Leute kurz kennengelernt. Judith hat mich unterstützt, nochmal Danke dafür. Es war schön, trotz der miesen Organisation. Ich hoffe Rick nochmals zu treffen. Denn ich möchte noch die Autogramme.
Richard ,Sie sind wundervoll. :P
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Susanne wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:20 pm Ich war das erste Mal auf einer Con. Mein Kindheitstraum wurde wahr. Ich habe ein Fotoshooting mit Rick und Amanda gehabt. Leider keine Autogramme bekommen. Aber beide sind so liebenswert. Es war so kalt. Aber ich habe einige Leute kurz kennengelernt. Judith hat mich unterstützt, nochmal Danke dafür. Es war schön, trotz der miesen Organisation. Ich hoffe Rick nochmals zu treffen. Denn ich möchte noch die Autogramme.
Richard ,Sie sind wundervoll. :P
In English :
"It was my first time at a con. My childhood dream came true. I had a photoshoot with Rick and Amanda. Unfortunately didn't get any autographs. But both are so adorable. it was so cold But I did meet a few people briefly. Judith supported me, thanks again for that. It was nice despite the lousy organization. I hope to meet Rick again. Because I still want the autographs.
Richard , you are wonderful. :P"

As for the lousy organization as Susanne said it happened before . Last year in November the place was too small and many fans waited outside for hours on Saturday . If they could get into the building it was far too crowded . No member of the staff to help , no communication ...that's why they relocated this year trying to find a bigger place . I think they wanted to compensate for the money lost during the pandemic and obviously couldn't cope with the numerous visitors .

Interview in French of Amanda Tapping on her career ( with a few photos with Rick during the con ):
https://webtoulousain.fr/2022/12/06/con ... anga-2022/

AND a video of the con by fans ... gives you an idea of what it was like . :( They speak French but you can get the English subtitles . They say sweet things about Rick and Amanda .
https://youtu.be/s8QM8N34IX8