RDA video interview 22 January

EstherA

RDA video interview 22 January

Post by EstherA »

Hi guys,

I usually don't post but I wanted to share some news. If you are following some of the other SG1 creators (like Brad Wright) you might be aware that there is a project/experiment in the works of using an AI to write a Stargate episode.
The Companion (a scifi online magazine) is the instigator of this and Brad is a regular fixture in the Companion.
This is all coming together this Saturday with Amanda, Michael, David Hewlett and Jewel being involved, reading their respective familiar Stargate parts.
It's supposed to just be an experiment, it seems they all had a lot of laughs making this "episode".

Have a look at the 2 minute Youtube trailer.
And please pay very close attention to the last 10 sec of the video. ;) You will probably recognize a familiar voice :D :D . RDA is not officially announced but they say 'the mystery voice' will be revealed.

I am super stoked to see the live stream tomorrow! And hopefully see/hear RDA for the first time since ages, back as good ol' O'neill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3WdwhIr4U&t=2s

https://www.thecompanion.app/ai-project/

Cheers!
Esther, London
Last edited by EstherA on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ergomac23

Re: Possible (probable) RDA appearance this weekend (SG1 related)

Post by ergomac23 »

your right I watched this a few weeks ago and I was thinking that sounds like rick I really want to watch it :D but I don't know if it will be on YouTube I think it is an exclusive members only thing :(
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

EstherA wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:26 pm
I am super stoked to see the live stream tomorrow! And hopefully see/hear RDA for the first time since ages, back as good ol' O'neill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3WdwhIr4U&t=2s

https://www.thecompanion.app/ai-project/

Cheers!
Esther, London
ergomac23 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 am your right I watched this a few weeks ago and I was thinking that sounds like rick I really want to watch it :D but I don't know if it will be on YouTube I think it is an exclusive members only thing :(
Probably not , erg :( but maybe Esther will be kind enough just to tell us if Rick participated (or not ) ? Well we'll see . Great news anyway .Thanks for keeping us posted .
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I had asked RDA directly if he had been involved in this, and as usual he completely avoided the question. Whether he's being coy, or whether he has no idea what I'm talking about, I couldn't say.

But he did send another selfie and quick "hello" that I will get uploaded in a little while.

Kate
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

How can we go see him if he's being coy? I would love to go see him somewhere. That would make 2020 feel officially over, lol. Since u met him right before it all started. Thank you for the update Kate, as always
EstherA

Post by EstherA »

Hi guys,

I'm a member of the Companion and I will of course post here to confirm if Richard was being coy and Brad managed to rope him in to participate. ;) ;)

Fingers crossed!

Cheers
Esther
EstherA

Post by EstherA »

Hi everyone,

So Rick made a brief appearance through a recorded video before the actual script reading happened with Amanda, Michael, David H., and Jewel.
He just encourgaged them to 'not blow it' for Brad ;) .
It was nice to see the brief video.

The 2 hour stream of the Stargate actors reading an AI script was absolutely hilarious. There was also a live QA with Amanda which was so nice. She mentioned that she was interested to know what the AI would've written regarding the relationship between Jack and Sam ;) .
And to paraphrase the moderator, the actual script writers should not be worried :D :D .
Regardless it was great to see the SG actors interact again after 10 years.

Another nice little tid bit came out. Brad mentioned that after setting up the little video message with RDA, that he is trying to set up a final Podcast through The Companion online magazine with Richard. So let's keep our fingers crossed that Brad manages to pin Richard down to have a conversation before the end of the year!

Cheers!!
Esther
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you EstherA that sounds cool .... so it seems when Kate asked him about it rick was either being coy or forgot :lol: :lol: :lol:

lets hope Brad could set up that podcast with Rick that would be so fun :D
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

ergomac23 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:41 am thank you EstherA that sounds cool .... so it seems when Kate asked him about it rick was either being coy or forgot :lol: :lol: :lol:
It seems it was the latter.

He did get back to me again, finally, yesterday afternoon when he sent the thing about the hawk. He said he remembered Brad approaching him, but he didn't remember that anything had come of it. So it's likely he recorded that message with Brad but didn't know what it was for, and so he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him.

If he does agree to do a podcast, let's hope he actually thinks to mention it to someone, especially since Companion seems to be a paid members-only feature that most of his fans would miss out on. :?

I'll try to get another update posted later today.

Kate
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate I agree lets hope if he does the podcast he remembers to at least tell you :D