Chat

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Chat

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:30 pm today is the 4th Saturday - Chat is open on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10:00pm Central European Time (4:00pm ET).

Hope to see you there!
Have people been attending the chats?

The European (2nd & 4th Saturdays) had so few people that I had stopped attending those, so I'm not sure if people still come. Now even the US (1st & 3rd Saturdays) are becoming very quiet, with only a handful of people each week. Granted, there hasn't been much news of late to talk about.

Believe it or not, these chats have been going on for *26* years! We started in the summer of 1995 on AOL, and it grew from there. Back then, the chats were only once a month, but because there was so much activity the "official" chats were expanded to twice a month, and finally to every week.

Now that it has become quiet, I'm thinking of returning to only once a month, or perhaps once a month each for the US and Europe, if people still attend on European time. Of course, the room itself is always open and available for anyone to use at any time, but it would free up MY schedule each week if the "official" chats were cut back a bit. It would just be a matter of changing the information on the chat page, but people are still welcome to stop by and use the room as they always have.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi Kate,

The last two times I have come into the chatroom at the 4 PM ET chat time, nobody else was in there.

A handfull of people came into the 10 pm chat time the last couple of times I have remembered to come in.

So I think your recommendation of going to once a month is a good one.

thanks for having this available though.
B
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Hi Kate,

I haven't attended the chats so far, but have planned to. It's just that there have been some time issues lately. Once a month would be OK for me. As the EST time is in the middle of the night or better in the very early morning over here, I'd prefer the European time unless I'm insomniac. When I figure that the European chat is too quiet, I could imagine joining the EST chat at least once because I'd love to get to know some of the members. :D
**Andrea**