Chiller Theater 25 27 October 2019

karinedauphin

Re: Chiller Theater 25 27 October 2019

Post by karinedauphin »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:10 pm Karine asked before but does anybody know anything about that 'new' man , Tom Unger ? Sorry to ask but is he a profiteer ??
Thanks for reporting my question, Vero. I asked really myself who is this guy. Nice to bring Richard in New Jersey for the fans. It was a good thing. But selling card plates over 100 $, no thanks (with all my respect for you Beata). All fans buy and take what they want.
Actually there is the "same" problem here in France. Someone took advantage to sell produce in the name of Richard. They became an agreement with Paul, oaky, good thing. But selling pictures from Richard 25 euros and not being signed, it is for me just a way to make money in the name of Richard.

We are fans here, and we all respect Richard Dean Anderson. It is very sad that some persons take advantage and make money of this situation.

apart from that, really nice for you, Beata :lol: :lol: :lol:
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

karinedauphin wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:36 pm
tvero80 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:10 pm Karine asked before but does anybody know anything about that 'new' man , Tom Unger ? Sorry to ask but is he a profiteer ??
Thanks for reporting my question, Vero. I asked really myself who is this guy. Nice to bring Richard in New Jersey for the fans. It was a good thing. But selling card plates over 100 $, no thanks (with all my respect for you Beata). All fans buy and take what they want.
Actually there is the "same" problem here in France. Someone took advantage to sell produce in the name of Richard. They became an agreement with Paul, oaky, good thing. But selling pictures from Richard 25 euros and not being signed, it is for me just a way to make money in the name of Richard.

We are fans here, and we all respect Richard Dean Anderson. It is very sad that some persons take advantage and make money of this situation.

Thanks , Karine. Profiteers should be spotted AND BANNED !! As I said in my previous post RDA is definitely against it (He said so ! First hand testimony I swear !!) and we all are ( I hope so !! )
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:05 pm Thanks , Karine. Profiteers should be spotted AND BANNED !! As I said in my previous post RDA is definitely against it (He said so ! First hand testimony I swear !!) and we all are ( I hope so !! )
Yep, Wild loyalists, forever !!!
Beata

Post by Beata »

I would just like to say that RDA was signing some unusual things at Chiller Theatre that he normally would not sign. There was a picture on facebook of him signing a leather jacket similar to the one he wore in MacGyver. This person had two of them and Richard signed his, which as pointed out is unusual and a sign is usually posted that RDA will not sign clothing, skin, duct tape (unless it is on cardboard) and swiss army knifes. However at this venue he was signing several items for fans, perhaps it was due to the fact that he was alone with fans at his small table and knowing how nice Richard is to fans, this may have been the reason he signed unusual items. I doubt Tom Unger is a profiteer because only a few items were signed hardly enough to make him a rich man off of Richard. Hopefully Kate will get back to us soon after she speaks with RDA and clear all these issues. The license plate that I bought comes with an authentic signature statement just like the ones Paul Brown provides. I have spent plenty of money in the name of Sea Shepard in the name of Richard and my conscious is clear.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Beata wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:28 pm I would just like to say that RDA was signing some unusual things at Chiller Theatre that he normally would not sign. There was a picture on facebook of him signing a leather jacket similar to the one he wore in MacGyver. This person had two of them and Richard signed his, which as pointed out is unusual and a sign is usually posted that RDA will not sign clothing, skin, duct tape (unless it is on cardboard) and swiss army knifes. However at this venue he was signing several items for fans, perhaps it was due to the fact that he was alone with fans at his small table and knowing how nice Richard is to fans, this may have been the reason he signed unusual items. I doubt Tom Unger is a profiteer because only a few items were signed hardly enough to make him a rich man off of Richard. Hopefully Kate will get back to us soon after she speaks with RDA and clear all these issues. The license plate that I bought comes with an authentic signature statement just like the ones Paul Brown provides. I have spent plenty of money in the name of Sea Shepard in the name of Richard and my conscious is clear.
Great jacket ! ( I bought a leather jacket which cost me an arm and a leg only because it looked a little like his … + tickets to cons I never went to so I know what spending money 'for him' means ;) )

Don't get me wrong , Beata ! It's ok, I'm sure your conscience is clear and it's a real autograph .And he does sign strange , unusual items sometimes . But I'm always suspicious when I see people coming out of nowhere on Facebook ( I'm not on Facebook by the way and never will be . Terrible invention !) selling items , that's all.

As you said before, Beata , he really looks good with the beard ! I hope he'll keep it ...
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:28 pm I doubt Tom Unger is a profiteer because only a few items were signed hardly enough to make him a rich man off of Richard. Hopefully Kate will get back to us soon after she speaks with RDA and clear all these issues. The license plate that I bought comes with an authentic signature statement just like the ones Paul Brown provides. I have spent plenty of money in the name of Sea Shepard in the name of Richard and my conscious is clear.[/b]
Beata, the same for me...You dont' have to explain anything to us and you don't have to prove anything. You are free and you do what you want and great for you that you had one. It is the same reaction for the persons who can buy a Meet and Greet between 300 and 500 euros. For some it is too expensive and too crazy to waste money for that. For others, it is the only way to have chance to meet Richard. I don't think the "problem" (obviously, it is not a problem)... well this subject is more about the products sold on behalf of Richard Dean Anderson.

Just there is something to take into account (perhaps a little thing but I think it could be explain)... We are in Europe. You are (and this convention was) in America. In Europe it is forbidden to give gifts to Richard, forbidden to make selfies, forbidden to give a name for the autographs (big debate on this). It seems .. sorry "it seems"... that in America it is possible in the american conventions. For gift, logical, because of the costs of overweight luggages from europe are not the same from the domestic flights.
And I'm agreed with you Beata. Probably he signed many "unusual" things because he had the chance to be alone ;) ;)

I hope It makes sense what I tried to explain...
Anyway all fans are always happy to meet Richard. And finally, it is the most important, isn't it ?

Have a nice evening/ day/ morning
Beata

Post by Beata »

Karine and B I understand where you are coming from and it is too bad that European fans have those restrictions, but it is all for the sake of Richard and his comfort. We are all united as fans and that is the way it should be, for having fun and exchanging stories, etc. I don't feel like I 'had' to explain myself I just wanted to make it clear what was going on. Facebook can be a fun place too as long as your motive is having fun, I don't care for the political remarks, religious or anything other than just sharing joy. I feel that is what social media is for me anyway, and if others want to use it for other purposes that is their business and it is fine.
Hope you all have a great day, evening or whatever time it is in your part of this beautiful world. We are all friends here and that is what is important.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Well.. I think I lost the the thread of the conversation. Sorry. My fault.
Anyway....where is Tom Unger, for crying out loud ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

I saw on his FB site where he took pic of Richard signing each item (including the tag). So I think it's a real cool item to have Beata.
Beata

Post by Beata »

I saw on his FB site where he took pic of Richard signing each item (including the tag). So I think it's a real cool item to have Beata.
Thanks Jenn. I thought so too.