Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

JackGywer

Re: Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm
JackGywer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 am The word "schlotzen" means "lick" in this context, "Schlotzer" means "pacifier" but you are quite right, it can also mean drinking with relish.
Thank you! If it also means "pacifier" (for a baby?) then perhaps it is closer to "suck." I think that's the word Monika used. Normally, in English we "eat" ice cream, although we can also "lick" (a cone) or "slurp" (a melting cone), but I don't think you will often hear anyone refer to "sucking" ice cream. (Although that's almost what Mac does in the opening credits! :lol: )

Thanks for your help! I think "lick" is the safe alternative.

And I've finally finished the latest set of updates.

(Too bad there's not more from Miami or Knoxville.)

Kate
The German word "saugen" and the german word "lutschen" are both translated "sucking", although it has different meanings, hence probably the confusion. Sucking is when babies drink or suck on pacifiers. "Lutschen" is done with a bobon or ice cream. In any case, it does not sound right in English when you suck an ice cream. I don't know how to explain it :shock: :? :roll: :roll: :lol:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Thank you very much Judith, Karine, Caroline, Josyane and Focus for all your great pictures of our Richard 💞 ! 😄

His smile is always our favorite happiness... And your perfect photographic eyes make him even more beautiful... Thank you 💋 💋
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

THANK YOU LADIES FOR TAKING SO MANY GREAT PICS OF THE CON! HE'S SO EXPRESSIVE IN THE PANELS YOU CAUGHT IT BEAUTIFULLY ! :D

"You are the best !" (if he says so ! ;) )