Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

karinedauphin

Re: Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm Ok my turn to share my experiences from the Knoxville Convention. I brought Richard a Simpson's comic book and it made him laugh and he said he didn't know they had comic books so he thanked me and was so happy to have it. I also gave him a big honking paperclip 5 inches in a gold color again he laughed and said I will use this it is practical. I asked him a Macgyver question if it was really him that parachuted out Jak Daltons plane and he said I could have because he skydive at the time but they would not let me. I also asked him if the airplane in Stargate season 6 that said Anderson Air was his dad's plane and again he said it could have but we were shooting in Canada you know and he said boy you are an observant young lady. I was wearing the Sea Shepherd shark fin with a silvery chain and he said I have on too but my chain is not as nice as yours and I kinda scoffed at his remark but thanked him. He shook my hand at the end and I waited for Teresa and took more pics of him. More later from the second signing. What an awesome man and experience. I will never forget.
Beata,
it is amazing !! Thanks for sharing. I have to say, if i may of course... I don't know the advice from the other european fans... but it seems that the BIG difference in the conventions in US and in Europe is that Mister Anderson allowed himself (or is allowed with the convention organisation) to accept and take gifts. Because of the costs of the overweight luggage, it is most not permit to give him some gifts in Europe. That is understandable.

So Beata, It is very great that you can give him some gifts. In Stuttgart, I gave him some biscuits and chocolate but it was just at the time when he was hunger. So probably eaten and not taken in the plane.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the questions you asked, just great.

How long have you wait ?
Beata

Post by Beata »

Richard and I at Knoxville.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

Me with Alexa and G.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

What great photos!!!!! Thank you so much for posting them!!!!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Your welcome B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Beata,
it is amazing !! Thanks for sharing. I have to say, if i may of course... I don't know the advice from the other european fans... but it seems that the BIG difference in the conventions in US and in Europe is that Mister Anderson allowed himself (or is allowed with the convention organisation) to accept and take gifts. Because of the costs of the overweight luggage, it is most not permit to give him some gifts in Europe. That is understandable.

So Beata, It is very great that you can give him some gifts. In Stuttgart, I gave him some biscuits and chocolate but it was just at the time when he was hunger. So probably eaten and not taken in the plane.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the questions you asked, just great.

How long have you wait ?

It was a light weight item, we waited in line a long time for the photo op, not too bad for autographs, I had to ask for a chair at photo ops, luckily there were nice people around us to talk to and take our minds off the wait.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, again, Beata, for your comments. Glad to know the wait for autographs was not too bad and glad the people around you were nice to talk to.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks for sharing your comments and pics , Beata ! You look so happy !!
Beata

Post by Beata »

I have to add to my experiences from the first signing with RDA. I also asked him about Malibu and he said between the fires and the earthquakes he said I just stay inside by myself, it is so beautiful. I told him I drove up the coast, and he said on Highway 1, and I said yes, and he said I go up there all the time with my motorcycle, then I asked him if he still rides his motorcycle and he said yes and then I continued to tell him how beautiful I thought it was. He said you were there and I said yes, he asked where and I said Pismo Beach and I headed north. He smiled. I was such a motor mouth I just enjoyed talking to him so much, he is so kind and soft spoken. Up next the second signing adventures...
Beata

Post by Beata »

The second day of signing: The put up a sign saying no personalizations today. :o :( We were early so Teresa held my place in line and I went to the Legends table and spoke with Alexa and Giulia and told them it was my birthday the end of the month so I was going to buy myself a present. Giulia said Happy Birthday and started singing to me. I was smiling the whole time. Alexa also said Happy Birthday. They had some nice props from the set of Stargate SG1 so the one I chose was a replicator block piece, I thought it was so cool, it wasn't too expensive for me, I was happy and they said Thank you. Then I went in line to where Teresa was and of course the people in the back got mad and said hey there is a line, and I said my friend is holding a space for me, and Teresa said she is with me. There was a girl in line who recognized me from yesterday and she said to me today you are going first because yesterday you let me go first, I laughed and said how sweet she was! Her friend agreed and said I will let you too very seriously and I said well Thank you mame. :lol: The guy taking money for the pictures and our autograph ticket said to me I know what you want, and I said Oh Yes, It was Paul's birthday so I brought a gift for him of the giant paper clip and sang Happy Birthday to him (the short version) and he smiled and took it and held it up and said you know I can put my keys on this, I said there you go. He asked me how to pronounce my name again and I told him and he repeated it a couple times. :o The I got to Richard and I gave him another giant paper clip and told him, I know you said it was practical so I brought you another one and I brought him a DVD that I made myself of clips of Macgyver to music and he said Thank you darlin. He started signing and I said I became friends with Bob Davis's daughter who played his dad CD for the group in Miami, I thought Richard had played it but he said No, she played it and said OK and I told him about my birthday so I said I looked it up on Amazon and they had it, he was so surprised and said your kidding, and I said no, and he just smile, and I said now I can listen to your dad's music all the time. He continued to smile and put a heart on my photo, which surprised me because they were told not to personalize any photo. When I told him it was my birthday he asked the date and I said 28 and he said how old will you be and I said 62 and he said Oh you are a baby, and I said so are you, and he said no I am 70 and I said no not yet not until January and he said I am headed in my 70th year and again I said uh uh (no) and said you are 69, it was funny to me later that I was in jest arguing about his age with him. I knew I had to move on so I reached out my left hand and he took it and said see you later. Then I had another thought and I said Oh real quick I just wanted to tell you how I became your fan. I said I worked for WGN-TV in Chicago as an Engineer and that we had Macgyver on syndication and he said really? and I said yes and that I got paid to watch Macgyver, and that I had worked there for 30 years and he look at me and smiled and said Well keep us on the air and I said OK, I don't think he understood that I meant in the early 90's but that's OK I doubt he will remember anyway. :lol: :oops: I was embarrassed because I realized the next person was getting their signing so I said bye and Paul gave me the thumbs up and I was on my way smiling to wait for Teresa to finish. We were VIP's but he alternated on VIP with one General admission person in line, I could not believe how long the line had grown. I went to the concession stand to sit down with Teresa and we waited for Jenn to come and meet us. What an awesome day and experience!! Happiness forever meeting RDA again. An extraordinary man ! I am still smiling and thinking about my time in Knoxville, Tenn. :D