Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

Beata

Re: Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

Post by Beata »

Thanks Jacks and all who enjoyed my account of meeting RDA. I am still smiling and on cloud nine and probably won't come down for some time. :D :lol:
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

My first autograph.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

My second autograph with Richard. Please take only with permission. Thanks.
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Did anyone go to Knoxville Comic-Con and register to win a trip to MegaCon and get a phone call saying they won? I'm trying to find out if this is some sort of sales pitch timeshare thing or if I really won something that nobody else one.

Also they said Richard Dean Anderson would be there for sure that he goes every year. But he is not on the guest list so far.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:33 pm B...
I will try to give you my "great experience"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 Conventions in 4 different countries (France, The Netherlands, Wales and Germany)
And only in Stuttgart, we have the bad surprise to read "no dedication"...but ... just in the afternoon.
All other conventions it was possible to have a picture, an object, a book or whatever with a firstname and of course the signature of Mister Anderson.
In Stuttgart, I made many times the queue. And Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning it was possible to have a special dedication.
And suddenly as we came from the photosession, it was written "no more possible to have an dedication".
Okay... but... why sometimes persons have a picture with their first name and why some have not...?????
Really, I don't know why and how...
Probably someone thinks that it needs toooo much time to write 1. a first name 2. a heart, a little word, a special wish 3. Richard Dean Anderson...
You just have to think.. this multiplied by hundred und hundred und hundred persons and different wishes...
If I can accept and understand that it needs time... well... it is a little bit the concept of the conventions.... anyway...
what it is difficult to accept is 1. it is not fair for all 2. We paid for that, and in Germany... we paid a Loooot for that... 3. Mister Anderson was also disturbeb with that. Spontaneously and kindly, he started to make a dedication. But the person from the German Comic Con organisation repeated "no dedication"... ANd then Mister Anderson raised the head and looked as he really wanted make it ....

So... I have not the solution... It seems that the morning there is more chance to have a dedication than the afternoon...

I hope you will have a great moment and please let us know how will it go for you
Thanks, Karine for the added explanation. It helps a lot.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Thanks, Karine for the added explanation. It helps a lot.

My pleasure, B. Crossed fingers for you
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

rjas441 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:09 pm Did anyone go to Knoxville Comic-Con and register to win a trip to MegaCon and get a phone call saying they won? I'm trying to find out if this is some sort of sales pitch timeshare thing or if I really won something that nobody else one.

Also they said Richard Dean Anderson would be there for sure that he goes every year. But he is not on the guest list so far.
No, i did not register to win the trip to MegaCon, so I don't know...I hope you can find out for sure!!
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

It was for real but it was a ploy of two days at the resort and then 5 days at Daytona in a cheap hotel so hopefully you will come back to the resort. And Richard Dean Anderson has only been there once in 10 years so I said no thanks