Website Redesign

karinedauphin

Re: Website Redesign

Post by karinedauphin »

Good evening Kate,
just for information, after reading your message I tried on my computer.

With mozilla :

It is fine
Just sometimes, in order to see the pictures, we have (at least in my case, in french) a yellow line "A web page slows down your browser"...

And then, I tried with google

So it seems, we know now where comes the problem and obviously not from you and your wonderful site, Kate.

As solution... I change the browser :lol: :lol:
I'm not a geek or something like that, But i'm patient on my cell phone.
When it doesn't work, I change the page and I do again and sometimes it works again.

Have a beautiful day/ night/ morning/ evening

Sunday, the 1st december 9.33

I add to my message of yesterday a try with Edge and Chrome fro my Laptop

with edge :

with Chrome

Last edited by karinedauphin on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Kate,

When I use FIREFOX - I cannot see the pictures. When I use Google Chrome, I can see the pictures.

I don't know how long this has been an issue - because I just switch browsers and I can see the pictures.

I think it happened when my browser - firefox - was updated.

So, again, I just switch to using Google Chrome and I don't have a problem. It's not a big issue for me now.

Thanks for asking but I know you don't want to have to redo all the pages on this website.....my suggestion is - DON'T DO THAT!
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 pm
JackGywer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:11 pm I fixed the problem. If I use the browser preinstalled on my phone, it works. So the problem seems to be Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is the default browser on my phone, and it does work. Are people still having an issue with this?

Just a handful of other people have said they are experiencing the same problem, but they're not giving any clues. One said the pictures disappeared at the beginning of November, another said it happened "when the website changed" - (a year ago??) Then another one wrote to say the pictures were gone, and wrote back an hour or two later to say the problem was "fixed."

Most people don't seem to have a problem, but I can't find a pattern with the handful who do. I also have no idea why it should suddenly be a problem now - I've changed nothing on the site, I've run every single one of the 2350 pages through a validation program to look for issues with coding, and I've tested it on every browser and device I have. The only thing I can think of is that it is related somehow to a browser update or security issue. If it's still happening, I'll ask my ISP if THEY have made some change recently.

I just hope it's not some new browser update that requires me to change the code. I don't think I have the energy to re-do all 2350 pages AGAIN.

Kate
On my phone, it's still not possible to see the pictures with Google Chrome. It works fine with another browser. Strange.
At first I thought it had something to do with changing my phone, but it does not work on the old one either. Because then the problem has occurred. It was probably a coincidence, because at that time the desktop version with Google Chrome also showed no pictures. But that has resolved itself after a few days. I now use the other browser on the smartphone to access the website. Google Chrome is my default browser on all my devices..........actually.

Google chrome :

other browser:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Desktop version Google Chrome:

That's weird!
May I ask, which version of Google Chrome do you use?

J.K.
gone_fishing

Post by gone_fishing »

I use Chromium on my laptop and it works fine,but I use Chrome on my phone and I lost pictures at the beginning of November, for about two weeks. The problem resolved itself, and the website works well on my phone now. (bq Aquaris phone)
Laugh,Love and be a little crazy. :lol:
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

gone_fishing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 am I use Chromium on my laptop and it works fine,but I use Chrome on my phone and I lost pictures at the beginning of November, for about two weeks. The problem resolved itself, and the website works well on my phone now. (bq Aquaris phone)
Thanks for all the replies (and for those who responded to my question in the Updates email). I'm probably more confused now than ever, though. Especially when some are saying these problems automatically fixed themselves after a few days. That just confirms to me that it's not the website itself - I haven't changed anything.

It does seem to happen more often on phones than desktops. Some people report the problem only on Chrome, others say Chrome is the one that works. I use Chrome on both my desktop and phone, and both are fine. I wonder if it is related to an update in an operating system? One person wrote to suggest that a recent iOS (Apple) update might be responsible. I'm on Windows 8.1 and Android. But I have noticed in the past that it can take days or weeks for my phone to clear a cache and show updates properly, so that might explain why phones seem more susceptible?

Anyway, with no common characteristic showing up, I'm still hoping that the problem will fix itself in a week or two because I wouldn't know where to begin. :roll:

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Aha! I'm making progress.

I contacted my ISP to see if THEY had changed anything, and they said it has something to do with the SSL certificate.

Using http://rdanderson.com is the non-secure version, and that one seems to be okay.
Using https://rdanderson.com (the extra HTTPS) is the secure version, and that one is getting the 403 errors for images.

I just tried out both, and indeed, the non-secure version works but the secure version loses the images. Maybe the people with the problems were using devices that were automatically going to the HTTPS version?

Anyway, I will have to pay for the tech support, but I'm going to go ahead and have them correct the settings, since I don't know how to do it myself. Hopefully that will fix it. Let me know if you see improvement in the next day or so.

Thanks!

Kate
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Waouh... exactly !!!
What is a wonder !!! Thanks Kate for having found the real problem.
Now, I have enough different browsers and I will change the cookies. So I will fix it anyway.
It was not a big problem.
But nice to know why it didn't work.
Have a nice day dear Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Is it any better now?

Are the browsers that were having problems before now working?

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Great!!
The pictures are now displayed again.
Thanks Kate 😊

J.K.