Website Redesign

Jack(s)

Re: Website Redesign

Post by Jack(s) »

KateR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:48 pm The upgrade has been completed. :)

The web host has checked it out, and I'm checking it out now, too. So far everything seems to be running properly. Whew! :D

Kate
Well done for such an amazing job. Thank you so much Kate👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

The web works. Thank you Kate. Good job.
Daicy :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate, for the upgrade - things are working so well!

Just a reminder to us all that we can put any and all Amazon orders - for any Amazon sold products - through the "STORE" on the front page of rdanderson.com - and Kate receives a small commission that goes towards the cost of running this website:

Here is what it says at the STORE web page:

"When any purchase is made using any link below to access Amazon.com or AmazonUK, whether the purchase is related to Richard Dean Anderson or not, a tiny commission goes toward the expense of maintaining rdanderson.com. Thank you for your support!"

Pass the word.
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 am Thank you, Kate, for the upgrade - things are working so well!

Just a reminder to us all that we can put any and all Amazon orders - for any Amazon sold products - through the "STORE" on the front page of rdanderson.com - and Kate receives a small commission that goes towards the cost of running this website:

"When any purchase is made using any link below to access Amazon.com or AmazonUK, whether the purchase is related to Richard Dean Anderson or not, a tiny commission goes toward the expense of maintaining rdanderson.com. Thank you for your support!"

Pass the word.
unfortunately not an option for me. The shipping costs and waiting time make it unattractive. I use Amazon Germany a lot, but unfortunately that doesn't help :(

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 am Thank you, Kate, for the upgrade - things are working so well!

Pass the word.
unfortunately not an option for me. The shipping costs and waiting time make it unattractive. I use Amazon Germany a lot, but unfortunately that doesn't help :(
No worries, JK. This Amazon option will work for those in the UK and the US, I guess. That will be good if we who are in those locations can remember to do this. But those who are not in those locations - don't worry about it. Maybe your part would be to find a way to remind others who can use the rdanderson.com store to place their Amazon orders to do so. THAT would be a big help. :D :D :D
B
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Hi Kate,

Thank you! Everything on this latest work for the update
Is wonderful. :D

Thank you! The care you consistently take to make this website functional, accurate, and entertaining for our enjoyment, well, you deserve a lifetime achievement award! :D :D

You always there behind the scenes and with us, working to make sure the buttons work and our questions are answered.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Please except our award of thanks to you, from our hearts - & take a virtual bow. :D :D :D :D

Jerseycoconut : :D :lol:
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Would you like to do me a favor?

I realized, because I didn't really know what I was doing when I did the redesign of this site, that if I ever need to change the URL of the Forum, I will have to rewrite literally thousands of pages to update the link on all of them. :shock:

So, I'm trying to update the thousands of pages now to go to a "redirect" page, so that if changes need to be made in the future, I only need to update one page.

But first I need to be sure that it is working. Would some of you please try entering the Forum by going first to the "Live Chat" page and clicking the link to the Forum there? It should perhaps give a flicker and then take you directly to the Forum, or it will stay on the redirect page and show a link to click to go to the Forum. And let me know if it works?

And speaking of the Live Chat, does anyone still go to that? I am usually there on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, but I stopped going to the 2nd and 4th because no one else was there. I don't know if anyone is showing up then anymore. Admittedly, there isn't much RDA-related news to talk about anymore, but I'm wondering if I should keep it active. (At least I can shut down that page without rewriting thousands of pages of links!)

I finally finished updating the Video Gallery. There are now 382 videos posted there, and my closet full of VHS tapes has been emptied and digitized. And my VCR still hasn't died! :shock: I'll post the links to the last dozen or so "newest additions" soon. I was kind of waiting for RDA's next update. He sends little messages saying that he "will write something soon." I'm not sure of the definition of "soon."

Anyway, thanks for any input!

Back to work...

Kate
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

KateR - I’m not ever in the chat room, so I don’t know if I was doing exactly what you needed. I went to the Chat Room, clicked on the menu, selected Forum, it blinked another page then opened the Forum with no trouble. I tried actually going into the Chat Room but didn’t see a way to do that from there. So .... ok?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:54 am Would you like to do me a favor?

I realized, because I didn't really know what I was doing when I did the redesign of this site, that if I ever need to change the URL of the Forum, I will have to rewrite literally thousands of pages to update the link on all of them. :shock:

So, I'm trying to update the thousands of pages now to go to a "redirect" page, so that if changes need to be made in the future, I only need to update one page.

But first I need to be sure that it is working. Would some of you please try entering the Forum by going first to the "Live Chat" page and clicking the link to the Forum there? It should perhaps give a flicker and then take you directly to the Forum, or it will stay on the redirect page and show a link to click to go to the Forum. And let me know if it works?

And speaking of the Live Chat, does anyone still go to that? I am usually there on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, but I stopped going to the 2nd and 4th because no one else was there. I don't know if anyone is showing up then anymore. Admittedly, there isn't much RDA-related news to talk about anymore, but I'm wondering if I should keep it active. (At least I can shut down that page without rewriting thousands of pages of links!)

I finally finished updating the Video Gallery. There are now 382 videos posted there, and my closet full of VHS tapes has been emptied and digitized. And my VCR still hasn't died! :shock: I'll post the links to the last dozen or so "newest additions" soon. I was kind of waiting for RDA's next update. He sends little messages saying that he "will write something soon." I'm not sure of the definition of "soon."

Anyway, thanks for any input!

Back to work...

Kate
Hi, Kate,

Ok, I went to the live Chat page and then clicked on forum from there - it went briefly to a different page that said "Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum" and then came right into the forum. Hope that helps.

I keep forgetting to come into the chatroom on Saturdays. The last time I did come into the chat room on a Saturday we had about 5 or 6 people in there. That was probably 2 months ago. I would come in there more often if I could just put a little note on my monitor to remind myself to go to the chat room on Saturdays. 1st and 3rd Saturdays. Like you said, there is not much new news to discuss but we can always talk about "old" topics.

I will try to remember to come in there this Saturday. See what's going on.

Thanks for all the new videos.
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Thanks B and GWhite. That's what I need to know.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You don't need to actually go into the chat room. But clicking on the "Live Chat" button from any page will take you to the page with O'Neill having a video chat with Thor. Right now that is the only page set up to automatically redirect, so when you click on the "Forum" button from there, it should go to the Forum, with only a brief pause. Actually, I have the "pause" set at zero seconds, so it should be instantaneous, but it does seem to lag just a tiny bit. I just need to be sure that it works in all kinds of browsers before I go through the steps to reset the thousands of pages of the site. (Wish I had thought of doing it this way in the first place - live and learn. :roll: )

Thanks for checking,

Kate