Website Redesign

tvero80

Re: Website Redesign

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm I've been getting a series of updates from the server.

Last night they completed the preliminary steps and everything went smoothly.

The actual upgrade, which may take the site offline for a time, is scheduled for 11pm (ET) tonight. I'll do one more backup of the Forum and Fan Mail right before then so that all of the data will be saved. Hopefully it will also still be working properly once the site comes back online, but at least the data won't be lost.

Fingers crossed...

Kate
We can't thank you enough for all the things you do to keep this website alive , Kate !!
Monika

Post by Monika »

Kate,
You are unique. Thank you so much for your effort and work.
From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Kate, you are a star and I can't thank you enough. You are truly amazing. Thank you for this side and the joy it brings to all of us. Keep save.
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

I would also contribute to the maintenance of the site. I think we can gift a small amount to Kate and then she could use it for the site. It would be a gift to a private individual, not a donation. There is a limit on the amount one can receive from an individual, but that’s something over $10,0000 I believe. Anyone know a tax accountant that can answer that? At the amount Kate mentioned ($200?) it shouldn’t be a tax issue for anyone, I think.

I hope the upgrade goes well!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm I've been getting a series of updates from the server.

Last night they completed the preliminary steps and everything went smoothly.

The actual upgrade, which may take the site offline for a time, is scheduled for 11pm (ET) tonight. I'll do one more backup of the Forum and Fan Mail right before then so that all of the data will be saved. Hopefully it will also still be working properly once the site comes back online, but at least the data won't be lost.

Fingers crossed...

Kate
So far the site is up and running! Yay! THank you for doing this and for all you do for rdanderson.com and all of us fans!

Please let us help you financially. THERE are several who would like to help.

Thanks!
Bettie
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GWhite wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am I would also contribute to the maintenance of the site. I think we can gift a small amount to Kate and then she could use it for the site. It would be a gift to a private individual, not a donation. There is a limit on the amount one can receive from an individual, but that’s something over $10,0000 I believe. Anyone know a tax accountant that can answer that? At the amount Kate mentioned ($200?) it shouldn’t be a tax issue for anyone, I think.

I hope the upgrade goes well!
That sounds like a good idea. Checking this out with Kate.
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Wow, everything seems to load a lot quicker!
I use my iPhone XR and have been poking around in several places. Even the photos seem to load really fast. I haven’t run into any problems at all.

bftlovesrda: hope it works out. Let us know.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

The upgrade has been completed. :)

The web host has checked it out, and I'm checking it out now, too. So far everything seems to be running properly. Whew! :D

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

The upgrade has been completed. :)

The web host has checked it out, and I'm checking it out now, too. So far everything seems to be running properly. Whew! :D

Kate
Good job!
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

KateR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:48 pm The upgrade has been completed. :)

Kate
Thanks so much for keeping this site alive and running - it has become sort of a refuge for me, where - when I´m down - I can always find something or someone that will cheer me up! And it´s good to see that there are still so many people around the world that cherish what Rick has achieved in his career! I, for myself, can say that him being MacGyver has definitely changed the course of my life...

Again, many, many thanks for your effort, Kate! :D
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.