Thank you, Kate

tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by tvero80 »

https://www.stargatememorabilia.com/stargate-autographs
It's Paul Brown's website jp ( he travels with Rick whenever there is a con ) His should be ok . But there are so many addresses . You must be careful ... you could also ask Kate .
draco

Post by draco »

ergomac23 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm
draco wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:11 pm Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum and I am also going to FedCon too, great Stargate-Lineup!
Since I already have autographs and pictures with Richard I invested my budget in a Meet & Greet. I'm already a bit exited and nervous.... ;)
hello draco welcome to the forum :) is it your first time meeting Rick?
No, not the first time. But the first time I bought a M&G. I got some autographs and pictures in person, he was very nice every time.
draco

Post by draco »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:52 pm Unfortunately, no conventions are in my future this year. I am new to all of this as well! I was thinking of ordering an autographed photo from FedCon. (Not the easiest thing since I don't read German, but I think I figured it out). One of my friends wondered whether they were actually even signed by Rick, which never occurred to me, and then, I read a recent post on this Topic, suggesting FedCon couldn't be trusted. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!
I visited FedCon a few times over the years and never had any problems. Yes, they uninvited Rick one time, but he came to their ComicCon about a year later. I think they are trustworthy for the autographs. Maybe someone can get one at a convention for you?
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am https://www.stargatememorabilia.com/stargate-autographs
It's Paul Brown's website jp ( he travels with Rick whenever there is a con ) His should be ok . But there are so many addresses . You must be careful ... you could also ask Kate .
V, thanks for the suggestions. The appeal in part of the online store for FedCon is they offer a personalized autographed photo but of their choosing. I will check out Paul Brown's website. Good suggestion about asking Kate. And I may just plow ahead with it anyway... ;)

draco wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:38 pm [I visited FedCon a few times over the years and never had any problems. Yes, they uninvited Rick one time, but he came to their ComicCon about a year later. I think they are trustworthy for the autographs. Maybe someone can get one at a convention for you?
Glad to hear that your experience was positive, Draco. Unfortunately no one I know is going to FedCon, so that is the reason I was considering their online store... I may just go ahead with it! But wow, a meet and greet... sounds wonderful but I understand the nervousness! :D
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:14 am
tvero80 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am https://www.stargatememorabilia.com/stargate-autographs
V, thanks for the suggestions. The appeal in part of the online store for FedCon is they offer a personalized autographed photo but of their choosing. I will check out Paul Brown's website. Good suggestion about asking Kate. And I may just plow ahead with it anyway... ;)

draco wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:38 pm [I visited FedCon a few times over the years and never had any problems. Yes, they uninvited Rick one time, but he came to their ComicCon about a year later. I think they are trustworthy for the autographs. Maybe someone can get one at a convention for you?
Glad to hear that your experience was positive, Draco. Unfortunately no one I know is going to FedCon, so that is the reason I was considering their online store... I may just go ahead with it! But wow, a meet and greet... sounds wonderful but I understand the nervousness! :D
Hi LTTPlits

Wait a little. There will some people who will go to FedCon in Bonn, certainely.
But the problem is that as we can see it will be an huge "Stargate-Meeting".
At the moment there are more than 10 actors from Stargate. It seems that the "real" fans of Stargate will go to Bonn and it will be full.
I had the chance to go and meet Mister Anderson in several conventions but not so huge "Stargate meeting".
The last one in Paris was so bad organized that some fans couldn't have their autographs while they paid for that...
It is very difficult to promise to someone to get an autograph in FedCon without being sure to succeed if you see what I mean.
For me it will be too much huge in Bonn. I prefer not going and moreover it is too too too expensive... really.
But until May, I'm sure there will be here in this forum some fans that they will propose you to try to get an autograph.
I made the same in Wrexham (Wales in April 2019) for some of us, We made the same in Stuttgart (Germany June 2019) for some of us.
We made the same in Paris Manga recently in december 2022.

So crossed fingers LTTPlits

And for all of you,
Have a great and beautiful week, take care and stay healthy
Karine
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

karinedauphin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 am Hi LTTPlits
I'm sure there will be here in this forum some fans that they will propose you to try to get an autograph.
I made the same in Wrexham (Wales in April 2019) for some of us, We made the same in Stuttgart (Germany June 2019) for some of us.
We made the same in Paris Manga recently in december 2022.
So crossed fingers LTTPlits
Karine
I appreciate your response, Karine. I am new to the forum and actually to being an admirer of his. (I know, hard to believe! ;) I discovered SG-1 and MacGyver only a couple of years ago... :shock: ) When I posted my question, I had no idea people offer to get autographs for others at these conventions. From what I could see, it seems enough of a task to try to get his autograph for oneself! Even if they are not so disorganized as Paris Manga, you don't have long with him. Even if people might generously offer to get one for me, I wouldn't feel right asking others who paid and made the journey themselves to do that and then to have to go through the bother of getting it to me (unless they were someone I knew well ;)). If I really want one, I will be satisfied with getting his autograph some other way... Was just trying to figure out the best way. Paul Brown's website appears to be under construction but eventually will have them and I know he is an authorized source and the FedCon store offers them as well but as you say, I have plenty of time... !
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

If I were you, I´d wait until Paul´s shop is up and running again! ;)

I´ve ordered twice there already - fair prices, great service - and a wide variety of autographs available! 8-) :D
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

bluegirl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:03 pm If I were you, I´d wait until Paul´s shop is up and running again! ;)
I´ve ordered twice there already - fair prices, great service - and a wide variety of autographs available! 8-) :D
Bluegirl, thank you for the advice! I have to say that I like the idea of using a source that is RDA-approved! Glad to hear that your experience was positive. And, as I am in no hurry... I might as well wait for that. Besides the FedCon store information is mostly in German, which I don't read and I was having visions of messing up the order big time.... Who knows what would actually arrive! :lol:
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:14 am V, thanks for the suggestions. The appeal in part of the online store for FedCon is they offer a personalized autographed photo but of their choosing. I will check out Paul Brown's website. Good suggestion about asking Kate. And I may just plow ahead with it anyway... ;)
Paul's Legends website was initially started with RDA's blessing as a means of obtaining an authentic autograph, and all the money was donated to charity. You will notice, however, that charity is no longer mentioned anywhere on the website.

I used to include the Legends link on my website, but some time ago fans were having difficulty with them. Orders were taken and paid for but not shipped, and months would go by with no word or even a response to emails asking about the order's status. I started getting worried emails and even complaints, and some started to blame RDA. So at that point, RDA suggested I remove the link from my website.

I am hoping that whatever issues Legends was dealing with have been worked out since, but when I've asked RDA about including the link again here, he has not answered. When fans write to ask about how to get an autograph, I do share the Legends link with them, but the URL has changed several times, and honestly, the website seems to be down more often than it is up. It is still supposed to be "official," and fans have been able to get autographs there, but that is the explanation why the link is no longer on my website.

Kate
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Thank you, Kate, for all that information. The Legends website was down when I checked a bit ago and there is something in its place which is still under construction. The history of all of that is concerning.... Well, as I am in no rush, I will wait to hear whether RDA comments... jp