What did any of you think?

Beata

What did any of you think?

Post by Beata »

I need to air something that has been bugging me ever since I saw it on the RDA Q&A session. Rick went on about guarding himself when fans try to get 'in' deeper than just a friendly hello, with lots of eye contact and lingering.
If Rick is making eye contact and keeping the conversation going, that is a cue that all is well. If someone is perceived as lingering he could easily say 'I need to keep the line moving', but if he is continuing to interact I would say all is well and no worries.

I know we all seem to love him unconditionally especially myself, now if he said that in context to Wylie being on her guard, that is another story, I am not sure who he was addressing, his own fans or a warning to Wylie, but to state something like that in a Q&A forum where no one asked that question, I am not sure where that came from and why mention it at all ??? :roll:

No personal attacks please, this is just my question to you the fans of RDA and Kate if she cares to answer.

Thank you
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Re: What did any of you think?

Post by Beata »

Last edited by Beata on Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

Last edited by Beata on Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

Beata wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:48 pm Don't you often wonder what is he hiding? What could be so private and personal ?? In this day and age there are few secrets anyway.
Well, in fact? No, I don't. Rick is just a man, like all of us. Personally, I wouldn't like if someone I don't know started digging at my private life, either. And he also has his secrets and private belongings, which he shares only with his family and closest friends. Just because we know his career, bits and pieces of his life that he shares with us, doesn't mean he knows us and wants to share everything with us. Just because people get to know him all over the world doesn't mean the same people can bother his private life.

I think all of us have things that we don't want to shout out to the world and we only tell our loved ones. Just because Rick is known worldwide doesn't mean he has to share everything with us. He has every right to be protective about his personal and private life and has secrets.

Each of us should respect not just his privacy but people's privacy in general.
Last edited by zuzik2301 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thank you zuzik2301 for participating in the discussion.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

I can’t imagine what it must be like to feel like everyone is watching you every time you step foot out of your home, or have people want to know the details of your life. He handles it all gracefully, but no wonder he wants to maintain his privacy. He has a public face, a kind heart, and a wicked sense of humor, which he shares with his fans, and a private face, which he shares with friends and family. He has asked his fans to respect that, and we should. After all, he is a real human being and not the fictional characters he plays.
Beata

Post by Beata »

That is absolutely true GWhite. I agree.

Beata
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Ich stimme zu. Er ist ein privater Mensch und wir sollten es akzeptieren. Ich bin ein grosser Fan von ihm und freu mich von ihm zu hören. Aber sein Privatleben sollte auch sein Privatleben bleiben. Hauptsache er bleibt gesund und behält seinen Humor. :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Susanne wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:19 am Ich stimme zu. Er ist ein privater Mensch und wir sollten es akzeptieren. Ich bin ein grosser Fan von ihm und freu mich von ihm zu hören. Aber sein Privatleben sollte auch sein Privatleben bleiben. Hauptsache er bleibt gesund und behält seinen Humor. :)
Translation :

"I agree. He's a private person and we should accept it. I'm a big fan of his and I look forward to hearing from him. But his private life should also remain his private life. The main thing is that he stays healthy and keeps his sense of humor." :)

I concur !
Beata

Post by Beata »

I listened to the Q&A again and I think he was giving Wylie advice and I agree I love his sense of humor and his private life is definitely his own.

Beata