Forum ??

Debjay

Forum ??

Post by Debjay »

Hi
I am completely new to this...can someone explain what this is ?
What do we do ?
Do our messages get to Mr Anderson ?
Does he know we message ?
Or does someone else tell him about messages
Does he ever message ?
Thanks for your help and advice 😊
tvero80

Re: Forum ??

Post by tvero80 »

Debjay wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:49 am Hi
I am completely new to this...can someone explain what this is ?
What do we do ?
Do our messages get to Mr Anderson ?
Does he know we message ?
Or does someone else tell him about messages
Does he ever message ?
Thanks for your help and advice 😊
Hi, Debjay . Welcome on board !
No , he doesn't read the messages of the forum . And he doesn't post here either . But for his birthday we usually do something special . Kate Ritter sends him our ecards and he reacts . The messages he posts for us from time to time are in the updates (home page ) if you want to have a look (notes from Rick) . They have no connection with the topics here . But we sometimes react to his notes (thank you , Kate / RDA's updates in the News and Announcements topic)
In January for his round number birthday ecards and real cards(!) were sent to him thanks to Kate . JK started the project and did a great job ! ( you can see what it was like in Richard Dean Anderson > birthday project ...some lines under your thread )
Did I help ?
V
Debjay

Post by Debjay »

Thank you
So what else do "we" do on this site ???
Just talk to each other about him ???
I have never been on a site like this before....
Sorry if I seem a bit dim lol
So he never knows what we say at all ???
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Debjay wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:29 pm Thank you
So what else do "we" do on this site ???
Just talk to each other about him ???
I have never been on a site like this before....
Sorry if I seem a bit dim lol
So he never knows what we say at all ???
Hi, Debjay,

Welcome to rdanderson.com.

We post do the different "threads" that interest us.
Such as "Guess the RDA Screenshot"......different members will post a photograph from the Photo Gallery (you can find the photo gallery at the entrance into the website page). Others guess where the photo came from - such as from MacGyver or from Stargate, or from something in his early acting days or from one of his movies. There are lots of other "games" that are ongoing in the forum. You just should watch the different threads and then post your questions about how a certain "game" is played on the thread that interests you if you would like to participate.

Check the "News and Announcements" thread for some information that various members post about RDA.

Also as Tvero said - check the "Thank you, Kate" thread for more information about him.

At the home page of rdanderson.com there is a section called "What's New". Read through that and you will find notes from Richard Dean Anderson which he has sent to Kate Ritter (the manager and creator of this website).

You can always submit "Fan Mail" to RDA. Please click on "Contact" on the home page and read all about what he does with social media and what he does with fan mail which you can submit right there.

Also, you can send to other members Private Messages if you want to do that. The private messages option is in the upper right corner beside your log in name.

In addition, there is a "Live Chat" option that is available any time if you and another member are here at the same time and you want to chat together. There also are regular chat times on Saturdays that you can join (at 4 PM ET or at 10 PM ET) depending on which Saturday of the month it is - see the Live Chat information to get this schedule.

Then there are tons of things to do on the website such as to view some of RDA's other acting roles (other than MacGyver and Stargate). There is so much more here....just spend some time exploring. You won't regret it.

Again, Welcome!
B
Debjay

Post by Debjay »

Thank you for your help and explanations !
They helped a lot
Will do as both of you suggested
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

There is actually something for everyone here. Games, photos, discussions about various topics.
Take your time and explore the forum, it's worth it! And there are really great people here, I made a lot of friends, I even got to know some of them personally.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Welcome Debjay!!! It's a great place to be around here!!!
Met friends here and it feels like a family.
Been to the comic con in Utrecht in november and met RDA and some of my friends from the forum. All strangers and sat at lunch like we knew eachother for ages
Lots of love,

Lies

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Debjay wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 pm Thank you for your help and explanations !
They helped a lot
Will do as both of you suggested
I was just also going to say - don't be afraid to post a question about anything. There is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Everybody was brand new here at some point and had to learn how everything worked.

If you don't want to post your question in public, you can always use the Private Message option.

The way that works is:

- You click on Private Messages (Upper right corner next to your log in name)
- Then click on NEW PM
- Then click on "Find a Member"
- Then you see alphabetical listing of people's user names - so, for instance, look in the "B" section for my name - (bftlovesRDA) - check beside it
AND CLICK "SELECT MARKED"
- Then click "ADD" and you will see the selected member's user name come up under "RECIPIENTS"
That means you have chosen the right person to send your message to.

- Then type a title to your message in the "SUBJECT" box
- Then type your message in the large window
- Then you can "PREVIEW" your message and then "SUBMIT" it. If you did it right it will say: Message Submitted successfully.

After that happens, your recipient will receive a REGULAR EMAIL telling them that they have been sent a private message by so and so...whoever sent it.

That will tell the recipient to come into the forum and sign in. When they sign in, they will see a number beside "PRIVATE MESSAGES" which tells them that they have one or more messages there. Then they can click on Private Messages, and click on their InBox. And read each private message they have received.

They can reply if they choose to do so.

Hope that helps.

-
B