What would you do if RDA passed you by?

bftlovesRDA

Re: What would you do if RDA passed you by?

Post by bftlovesRDA »

So you got to meet him in New Zealand?

Cool.

What was the best thing about meeting him in person?
B
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Honestly, I would probably do nothing but turn around, starring at him and watching him but letting him passing by without me screaming or asking him anything. I would definitely not invade his privacy. But that brief moment of encounter would make me smile from ear to ear.

It happened before that I met famous German actors, entertainers or politicians coincidentally in Hamburg (once an actor stood in line right before me at the supermarket check out). I just recognize them, stare and that's it. Well, my head tells me "Look, that's ..." and I probably tell others from my encounter. However, I usally leave them alone. I'm afraid I will react the same with Rick.

Although, it would be completely different when it's an official event like at the Conventions. There I'd probaly would ask something "stupid" just to get an reaction and get eye contact ;)
**Andrea**
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I remember the con in 2016, meeting Christopher Judge. He was on his way to a friend and me and my big mouth said: hey I was just on my way to you. Big smile and a pad on the shoulder.. great, there is my table, right there.. see you later, ill be back in a moment!🙈

I met Rick at the con in 2018 with a few fantastic friends i met at the forum. He was so sweet and nice. If I met him random in passing by...i dont know what i would do... I dont think I would react the same as I did with Chris... felt really ashamed then :oops:
If I knew he would be around i surely took a dog with me, haha, he would probably react on that :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

LindaLeaG

Post by LindaLeaG »

I would tell him how much I have enjoyed him playing Jack O'Neill. I only discovered SG-1 since the pandemic. He is such a good actor with so much attention to detail and personality that Jack becomes a real person that you wish lived next door. I would wish him a wonderful retirement, although I would love to see him in any role he that he may act in.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

LindaLeaG wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 pm I would tell him how much I have enjoyed him playing Jack O'Neill. I only discovered SG-1 since the pandemic. He is such a good actor with so much attention to detail and personality that Jack becomes a real person that you wish lived next door. I would wish him a wonderful retirement, although I would love to see him in any role he that he may act in.
So glad you discovered SG1 - and totally agree he is an awesome actor with as you say so much attention to detail and personality.....His subtle facial expressions are so wonderful. Am with you in hoping/wishing/loving to see him in any role he might act in now.
B
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Oh, ich würde hoffen, dass ich meine Hunde mit habe. Er stehen bleibt, die 4 streichelt und ich einfach mit einem dicken Grinsen im Gesicht zu ihm " Hallo Mr. Anderson. Sie sind ein wunderbarer Mensch. " sagen kann. Und er mir die Hand gibt. Aber wahrscheinlich werde ich rot und stammele Unsinn. Mit 50 immer noch Fangirl. ;)
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

In the past I would have just waved. But after covid, I would so love to go hug him.
CarolPottsGranger

Post by CarolPottsGranger »

Catarina Cid wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:08 am Hi everyone!
I haven't ever heard that Richard was in Portugal, ever!
And I was in USA in September/October 2018 and was not so fortuned to have that experience!
But if I would have that experiente I think I would not be abble to stop smilling. I think I would start by introducing myself and then I would love to talk about his interests.
Well, I guess what I really would love was to have the real privilege of being his friend and be able to talk often with him!

I would ask RDA how he is enjoying his well deserved retirement. I would also ask if has he been able to captain his own boat with two oars with his fishing pole alongside. 😜
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I don't really know where or how to start posting. Is there an introduction topic that I missed?

As for the question at hand:
I'd probably make a complete fool out of my self, stumble and fall at his feet or something. I can't even bring myself to going to Brussels and have a photo-op there...let alone meeting him when I'm caught offguard. I get palpitations just thinking of having a conversation with him. It's all fun and games when you try and send him a message through this website (has anyone ever gotten a reply from him through the link on this website?), but meeting him in real life? That's a whole different ballgame.

I would be kind of fun though, if you can relax enough and just have a cup of coffee together or something.
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Dutchie81 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:28 pm Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I don't really know where or how to start posting. Is there an introduction topic that I missed?
Hi , Dutchie81 welcome on board ! :) If you want to introduce yourself you can go to the off topic thread > "hi ... new here ..." ;)