Richard Dean Anderson in french...

karinedauphin

Richard Dean Anderson in french...

Post by karinedauphin »

Well... I don't know where I can put it... so here...As the title says... it is in french of course... I will try to translate when I will a little bit time. But some of us are genius in english, so please... be my guest.
Have a fun by reading :lol: :lol:

tvero80

Re: Richard Dean Anderson in french...

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you, Karine for finding this French article ;) We don't learn much about his career , " talented actor ,unforgettable roles , MacGyver then Jack O 'Neill , very popular in the US and all over the world + his opinion on the reboot ". I mean we, fans, know all that .
But it was written to celebrate his 70th birthday and I think it was a nice homage to show he's still remembered and praised in France even if he "retired years ago " :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Some fans seemed to be eager to know what was said in the French article … So here's the English translation :) :

Richard Dean Anderson just turned 70 .
Recap on the career of this talented , popular actor who played unforgettable characters such as MacGyver and Jack O'Neill .

On Wednesday 23, 2020 , the famous now retired actor celebrated his 70th birthday . A respectable age for a man who made several generations of fans dream .

The MacGyver years.
After studying at college and some smaller parts he struck gold with MacGyver in 1985 . This show was (and still is) popular in the US and all over the world : 139 episodes and 2 movies , the story of a handyman working for the Phoenix Foundation living incredible adventures and who could get out of a predicament by just looking around and using everyday objects .

The Stargate years .
He had to wait a few years before finding a new major role in 1997 on Stargate sg-1 . He was Jack O'Neill for 8 years until he decided to privilege his family and left the show though he still appeared on sequels (Atlantis, Universe and Continuum) once in a while .

The MacGyver reboot .
Though it was created in 2016 and has a fan base ( a fourth season has just started ) he has always been clear about it . He wouldn't be part of it and thought it was a lack of respect towards the fans and the original show .
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

I knew there are genius among us... and we have the best ones... thanks for having translated, Vero
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

karinedauphin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:35 pm I knew there are genius among us... and we have the best ones... thanks for having translated, Vero
My pleasure, dear ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, V! Wonderful translation. So good to be able to read it. And thanks, Karine, for the original post.
B
bserlori

Post by bserlori »

That was a great read! Thanks for the translation!!!