Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

tvero80

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by tvero80 »

JackGywer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 am Thank you ladies, the project was only successful because you participated! Thank you for that, I can't say it often enough. It was a pleasure for me!
Come on , J , don't be so modest , admit it .You are the best ! :D
thescifichic

Post by thescifichic »

KateR wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm I'm preparing the box to mail out the cards.

The final count is 183 cards, plus the 45 messages in JackGywer's booklet. So, 228 birthday wishes. :D

Tomorrow (the 20th) is a holiday, so I won't be able to mail the package until Tuesday. If any more cards arrive between now and Tuesday, I'll include them in the box too. The package SHOULD be able to arrive in two days.

Thank you for all the support!

And... Cyndi Freeman, if you are reading this, could you reach out to me? I was trying to reach you, but there was no contact information with your card. (Thank You!)

Kate

I am so excited. It's been a year of allot of ups and downs and health issues I have had. I am really elated to have been a part of sending Richard a card.... Yep took me ages lol but worth it. Not sure if it is very strange but here in Aus on the 23rd I'll having an operation on his birthday 🎂.

I just got short notice. It will really make me feel allot better and thankful that he will soon be getting all of our well wishes. Thanks heaps Kate again for allowing us the opportunity.

Take care!

Trace xoxo

I
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

thescifichic wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm
KateR wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm I'm preparing the box to mail out the cards.

The final count is 183 cards, plus the 45 messages in JackGywer's booklet. So, 228 birthday wishes. :D

Tomorrow (the 20th) is a holiday, so I won't be able to mail the package until Tuesday. If any more cards arrive between now and Tuesday, I'll include them in the box too. The package SHOULD be able to arrive in two days.

Thank you for all the support!

And... Cyndi Freeman, if you are reading this, could you reach out to me? I was trying to reach you, but there was no contact information with your card. (Thank You!)

Kate

I am so excited. It's been a year of allot of ups and downs and health issues I have had. I am really elated to have been a part of sending Richard a card.... Yep took me ages lol but worth it. Not sure if it is very strange but here in Aus on the 23rd I'll having an operation on his birthday 🎂.

I just got short notice. It will really make me feel allot better and thankful that he will soon be getting all of our well wishes. Thanks heaps Kate again for allowing us the opportunity.

Take care!

Trace xoxo
I
Well, Trace, here are some prayers that your surgery will go well and your healing after it will be swift and without complications!

Take care.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Very good yield, so it was worth it. I hope he spends some happy hours reading the cards. It is only to be hoped that all the warmth and love won't blow him away :lol:
I am glad you said 'love' JK, when I said it a fan in the chat had a problem with me using that word, unbelievable :roll: It will never stop me !! :lol:

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Beata wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:46 pm
Very good yield, so it was worth it. I hope he spends some happy hours reading the cards. It is only to be hoped that all the warmth and love won't blow him away :lol:
I am glad you said 'love' JK, when I said it a fan in the chat had a problem with me using that word, unbelievable :roll: It will never stop me !! :lol:

Beata
Crazy!! Don't let it stop you from using it!!
We all love him, or not? Respectful love!! No inhibitions to use the word on my part. It always depends on how you use it. :lol:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Our contribution has now also been sent via fanmail ........yeah.........thanks to Kate for the help :mrgreen: :oops:
My personal contribution as well 8-) :D
I also made the annual donation to one of his charities. Everything done, I can sit back and relax now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

I am so excited too, I made a donation for Richard's Birthday to Sea Shepard, sent him greetings everywhere I could possibly send them.
:lol: I can feel in my heart he is going to be so happy at all of our contributions monetary or otherwise, meaning loving wishes for his 70th birthday !
Hope it brings him the happiest of tears of joy he could imagine.
So happy to be a part of this joyous occasion.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Jo56

Post by Jo56 »

Hi, everyone, I don't come frequently here and believe I never posted any kind of message in the forum. Maybe it will be the first and last one for 2020, who knows! I don't have time anymore to go to the chat ( you all know that retired persons are the most busy people on Earth... :lol: ) and I regret it.
70's is an exceptional Birthday. Richard is also an exceptional Man we all would like to know more and speak with. I hope he'll have time to read anything we sent to him and will have the most beautiful BirthDay ever. Personal contribution to one of his charities just done. Greetings too, everywhere I could send them too, Beata and Judith!
Crazy Wild Loyalists Fans :roll:
I would like to thank Kate first for the unbelievable work she's doing with www.rdanderson.com and for being so faithful and respectful to Richard's wish of privacy that I undertand so well... :)
And I would like to thank all the fans who create an incredible World of kindness around our Star. He deserves it so much.
Have a nice day!
Josyane, just another Wild Loyalist Fan :oops:
Life is too short not to have fun. My way of life! :D
Jo56
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Just a little update...

Yesterday I walked to the post office to check the box one more time before mailing off the package. There were three more cards, so I included them in the box of cards - 232 messages in all. I sealed it up and walked back to the post office. The guy in the post office wondered what was in the box, (it was pretty heavy for the size of the box), so I told him it was about 250 birthday cards from all over the world. He said, "250 birthday cards? Wow, this guy must be something special." :D

Anyway, the box was mailed yesterday, and it is expected to arrive at RDA's house tomorrow, right on time for his birthday. :)

I figured the flow of cards would be slowing down by now, but I stopped at the post office again today and there were 29 more cards in the box. :shock: So I will probably wait a week or so and put any of the late cards in another box and mail them off some time next week.

Meanwhile, I'm putting together his annual birthday email with all the reminders of links to the Fan Mail messages and charity donations and so forth. I will send that tonight around midnight, so if you were thinking of making a donation on the charity page and sending an ecard, please do it before midnight tonight. Any ecards that come in after that will just be held for the following year.

Then we'll just hope that he checks his mail, both e- and otherwise, and that all the messages reach him. It would be nice to hear a reply, but he doesn't respond every year. He hasn't had much to share publicly recently - I did get a text the other day saying that the picture of Andy on Instagram was meant to be in response to a private "thread," and he didn't realize it had been sent out publicly, but Wylie was going to review his accounts with him when she came over. So now we'll wait to see if he has any intentional messages to share. ;)

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jo56 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am Hi, everyone, I don't come frequently here and believe I never posted any kind of message in the forum. Maybe it will be the first and last one for 2020, who knows! I don't have time anymore to go to the chat ( you all know that retired persons are the most busy people on Earth... :lol: ) and I regret it.
70's is an exceptional Birthday. Richard is also an exceptional Man we all would like to know more and speak with. I hope he'll have time to read anything we sent to him and will have the most beautiful BirthDay ever. Personal contribution to one of his charities just done. Greetings too, everywhere I could send them too, Beata and Judith!
Crazy Wild Loyalists Fans :roll:
I would like to thank Kate first for the unbelievable work she's doing with www.rdanderson.com and for being so faithful and respectful to Richard's wish of privacy that I undertand so well... :)
And I would like to thank all the fans who create an incredible World of kindness around our Star. He deserves it so much.
Have a nice day!
Josyane, just another Wild Loyalist Fan :oops:
Josyane - nice to see you posting. Please do some more! Totally agree with: Richard is an exceptional man we all would like to know more and speak with."

See you around the forum I hope.
B