Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

bftlovesRDA

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 pm Just a little update...

Yesterday I walked to the post office to check the box one more time before mailing off the package. There were three more cards, so I included them in the box of cards - 232 messages in all. I sealed it up and walked back to the post office. The guy in the post office wondered what was in the box, (it was pretty heavy for the size of the box), so I told him it was about 250 birthday cards from all over the world. He said, "250 birthday cards? Wow, this guy must be something special." :D

Anyway, the box was mailed yesterday, and it is expected to arrive at RDA's house tomorrow, right on time for his birthday. :)

I figured the flow of cards would be slowing down by now, but I stopped at the post office again today and there were 29 more cards in the box. :shock: So I will probably wait a week or so and put any of the late cards in another box and mail them off some time next week.

Meanwhile, I'm putting together his annual birthday email with all the reminders of links to the Fan Mail messages and charity donations and so forth. I will send that tonight around midnight, so if you were thinking of making a donation on the charity page and sending an ecard, please do it before midnight tonight. Any ecards that come in after that will just be held for the following year.

Then we'll just hope that he checks his mail, both e- and otherwise, and that all the messages reach him. It would be nice to hear a reply, but he doesn't respond every year. He hasn't had much to share publicly recently - I did get a text the other day saying that the picture of Andy on Instagram was meant to be in response to a private "thread," and he didn't realize it had been sent out publicly, but Wylie was going to review his accounts with him when she came over. So now we'll wait to see if he has any intentional messages to share. ;)

Kate
Thanks so much, Kate, for taking care of getting all these wonderful cards mailed to RDA = and for being willing even to collect more cards that are still coming in and mail them later to him.

LOVE what the guy at the post office said = this guy must be something special! If only he knew!

Hope we will hear something from RDA on or after his birthday but if we don't, I am still so glad he is receiving all this LOVE on his 70th birthday!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

:D
Last edited by Beata on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
lesliekretchmar

Re: Birthday Project for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Repeating my birthday message to you, RDA, (I also sent a card):
Happy Birthday, tomorrow, dear Rick!
May you find "HAPPINESS...not in another place, but THIS place, not for another hour, but THIS hour" (Walt Whitman) wherever and whenever you are! with love, Leslie :heart: :heart:

And, thank you, thank you Kate, for letting us experience your experiences with Rick on his sets and your creativity and generosity for creating this awesome website and your thoughtfulness towards Rick and his fans! :heart: :heart:
Last edited by lesliekretchmar on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Jo56

Post by Jo56 »

Happy Birthday to this Wonderful Private Man :D that each one of his Wild Loyalists LOVES so much!

I wanted to add a special montage I made for his Birthday but I might have to buy glasses as I didn't find out how to do it... :?: :?
Last edited by Jo56 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short not to have fun. My way of life! :D
Jo56
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Kate, thank you so much, that postman 😂😂😂FANTASTIC. Hope Rick will have a fantastic day!
Lots of love,

Lies

JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Happy Birthday ❤️🎉
I hope he has a great day with everyone who mean the most to him!!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK!

Hope you have a wonderful, joy-filled birthday with lots of LOVE abounding towards you!

God bless you and keep you!

from all your Wild Loyalists!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Happy Birthday Rick !!

Hope many blessings come your way today and always.

your loving fan,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , RICK !! 🎁🎉 (🍊🍎... ;) )

Don't forget to check your mail(s) today :)
silvia1970

Post by silvia1970 »

Happy birthday to you, Mr. Anderson! :mrgreen: I wish you all the best, have fun and joy in this new decade. 70 years 8-)
Silvia