Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Beata

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by Beata »

RDA called this morning (we were trying to decide if it was worth it for me to drive all the way up to NJ this weekend). During the course of the conversation, he talked more about his evening with Leo Kottke. He and Leo knew each other in college and had occasionally kept in touch over the years, at least up until the 80s. Their evening wasn't so much a fan experience with a celebrity, but rather more of a college reunion and chance to reminisce. He was enjoying the fact that Leo still remembered funny mutual incidents dating back almost 50 years ago. I suggested to RDA that he write down (or dictate) some more about that evening (or other things going on in his life), and he said he would try to put something together, but... well... you know...

it seems college friends as well as high school friends always pick up their friendship regardless of how much time passes. Thanks for sharing Kate.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

It was a very funny situation this morning.
I had my cellphone in my hand speaking with a person. This one told me "is the boss near from you?". I answered yes and I gave my phone.
I continued to work. Sudden my boss cam to me and gave me my phone back and asked me "is he your boyfriend?"
And I ... first surprised thinking in my head "whaaaaat?". And he showed me my phone... And I answered to my boss "Oh.. Great one.. it would have stay a secret !!!" And my boss smiled. ANd I don't know why .. but I blushed !!! :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: .

And now... did you guessed that on my phone there is a picture of Richard !!!
Of course !!!
The "so called" MY picture, the picture I gave him Stuttart because he found it so nice as he saw it in Wales...

And Of course Not, it is impossible that he was my boyfriend.
But it was so funny to let believe to my boss, who didn't recognize Richard :lol: :lol:
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

:D :D :D
karinedauphin wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 pm
And now... did you guessed that on my phone there is a picture of Richard !!!
Of course !!!
The "so called" MY picture, the picture I gave him Stuttart because he found it so nice as he saw it in Wales...
What picture was it , Karine ? If I may ask ?
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

tvero80 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:30 pm What picture was it , Karine ? If I may ask ?

You may You may...

Picture signed in Wales and Richard spoke with me about the photo in the right side.
He asked me to send him. I did.

But for sure, I gave him in real in Stuttgart

And it is this picture I have on my cell phone :lol: :lol:
So... honesty... How can someone imagine that he could be my boyfriend... really ????

For me, it is the "best" representation of Richard, smile, long hair, free spirit...
I can't explain... I love this picture.
But it is my opinion
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

It is an awesome picture, Karine. Yum.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 pm It is an awesome picture, Karine. Yum.
Thanks B... But I just had the idea.. I didn't taken this photo...
in Wales Paul Brown asked me "do you taken this photo?"...
I though oh man I would have wanted to.... But no... I just made the montage, 25 years later :lol: :lol:
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

I found it again... It is when I explained him that we saw each together in Wales and he told he loved the picture.
So I did explained the all story from Wales to Stuttgart... And don't forget... in Stuttgart this summer...It was so hot...
Sudden he told me... could you not take off this thing ? Because I was totally sweaty !
Anyway... all this blablablabl.. to tell... Here is the photo :lol: :lol:

GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Hmmm. This morning I tripped over my mini-schnauzer in the dark and took a header into a wooden hamper, driving three fingers, nails first, into the drywall, breaking one finger tip and bruising the other two. I thought about Rick and Poppy as I was falling. It would have been weird if it hadn’t hurt so badly. And now I’ll probably lose two fingernails. Still, I got off a lot easier than Rick, when he fell trying to get to Poppy in the pool. Every time I see the missing paint and divot in my walk, I’ll think of Rick and Poppy (at least until I can paint :) ).
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

GWhite wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 am Hmmm. This morning I tripped over my mini-schnauzer in the dark and took a header into a wooden hamper, driving three fingers, nails first, into the drywall, breaking one finger tip and bruising the other two. I thought about Rick and Poppy as I was falling. It would have been weird if it hadn’t hurt so badly. And now I’ll probably lose two fingernails. Still, I got off a lot easier than Rick, when he fell trying to get to Poppy in the pool. Every time I see the missing paint and divot in my walk, I’ll think of Rick and Poppy (at least until I can paint :) ).
hope you feeling better soon. interesting way to think about him :roll:
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Not so many people with RDA regularly on their minds?

Okay, so with the movie "Cats" coming out this week, here is another funny story to share to explain why "Cats" reminds me of RDA...

When I lived in NJ, one of the easy ways to see a Broadway play was to take the community bus into the city for shows. In 1986, my friend and I, my mother and her friend, and my grandmother and HER friend all took the bus into NYC to see "Cats." We got into town a little early, and my friend hadn't had time for dinner after work, so she and I dashed down to the corner donut shop for her to get something to eat before the show. As she was picking out her donut, I glanced out the window to the magazine stand on the sidewalk, and there was RDA's face on the cover of Playgirl magazine. By 1986, I was already a big fan of RDA, and this was the first time I had ever seen an article about him anywhere, but I just didn't know how to buy a magazine with naked men and bring it back to the theater where my mother and GRANDMOTHER were waiting. So I didn't buy it. Instead, a couple of days later, I went to another shop (not TOO near my home) and bought the first article in my collection of RDA articles. :lol:

So yes, in a weird way, Cats, Playgirl, and RDA are all connected in my mind. :lol:

Kate