Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

GWhite

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by GWhite »

Monika,
Yellow duckies are the best. I had to laugh the first time I saw that pic. Ever since then I think about RDA when I see them. I’ve never come across them the way you did though. Thank you for sharing! Made my day.
Monika

Post by Monika »

GWhite wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:43 pm Monika,
Yellow duckies are the best. I had to laugh the first time I saw that pic. Ever since then I think about RDA when I see them. I’ve never come across them the way you did though. Thank you for sharing! Made my day.
Hi GWhite,
I am glad, my pleasure.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Catarina Cid

Post by Catarina Cid »

Hi there!
All my friends know that I'm a MacGyver's fan. And usually, when someting is broken or needs a fixing, they call me or wait that I have some ideia or solution on that. ;)
About the yellow ducks:
Here in Portugal we have a Duck Store, since March2017. It was the third on Europe, after Amsterdam and Barcelona. There you can find, not only the Yellow tradicional ones, but with diferent themes, for example the Darth Vader Duck ; ).
Since that Richard's photo with the yellow ducks in the hotel, now I always relate then with him : ).
Have a nice day! Today it's cloudy in Lisbon but hot.
See you
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Catarina Cid - Love your name! :D :D :D

Here in North Carolina, USA today it is cool. But it will be very hot by the end of this coming week.

That's a neat story about the Duck store. You, like a lot of folks around here, think of RDA when they see ducks!

Cute!

Glad you are here. Hope to see you around the forum.
B
Richard Bach

Post by Richard Bach »

In 2020 there were tons of things that made me go hmmm but I hoped that in 2021 there would much fewer reasons to go hmmm. Now I am not sure about that after some week of the new year. :shock:
Beth

Post by Beth »

Hi I am new to this forum and am really enjoying reading all the stories. Like many of you I also think about RDA on daily basis. Lots of moments make me think of him. It's a little hard to pick one. :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beth wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 pm Hi I am new to this forum and am really enjoying reading all the stories. Like many of you I also think about RDA on daily basis. Lots of moments make me think of him. It's a little hard to pick one. :D
Wlcome, Beth, to the rdanderson.com forum. Glad to know you also think of RDA on a daily basis. Join right in on the forum - you will enjoy it!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Richard Bach wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 pm In 2020 there were tons of things that made me go hmmm but I hoped that in 2021 there would much fewer reasons to go hmmm. Now I am not sure about that after some week of the new year. :shock:
Hello, Richard Bach. Welcome to the forum. Yes, 2021 is not starting out to be an uneventful year. Hope it gets better. Enjoy the forum!
B
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

I think about RDA every night before I go to bed...when I change into a pair of comfy white socks (no show - not crew or calf)! Lol

I've also been known to wear white socks during the day as I have feet issues as well and would always choose comfort over style. The white socks were never a turn off for me.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

I think about RDA whenever I see my grandpa....he's 95 but still 'thinks' like a true MacGyver.

I still remember, some 25years ago, my grandparents were on vacation, and I had to check their mailbox and water the plants. I walk through the house and see a line of glass bottles by the backdoor and couldn't for the life of my understand what they were doing there.

So after they returned from their holiday, I asked my grandpa about it and he replied
'Oh, that's just my homemade burglary alarm. When someone tries to open the door, all the bottles will fall over and crash and that will alert someone to call the police.'

So yeah, everytime I'm visiting my grandpa I think of that and RDA, eventhough he doesn't even live in that house anymore.
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.