RDA what does it stand for?

JB5

Re: RDA what does it stand for?

Post by JB5 »

You're spot on jp about Jack and Zoe/Oscar - I've watched that episode thousands of times and I knew it was Rick's dog but it somehow managed to slip my mind! Too distracted with RDA! :geek:

And good shout MacGyverGirl with Bunky - but poor Bunky - he met a rather unfortunate end courtesy of Deborah if I recall correctly........ :( :(

But I'll run with Mac and Frog for now and suggest (rather lamely) -

Resourceful Doggy Amphibian
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Nice play on words, JB5! Winston had the most amphibian-looking face I'd ever seen on a pooch. He wasn't called "Frog" for nothing!
JB5 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:10 pm Too distracted with RDA! :geek:
I understand completely! ;)

It is also clear to me from you and MacGyverGirl that I have some major MacGyver re-watching to do. "Bunky?!" "Deborah?!!" Yikes! :? They don't even ring the slightest of bells! (Okay, I did see it through only once, but still...) :shock:

But putting that aside... onward with the theme of canine appreciation. True for RDA, Mac, and Jack:

Revels (in a) Dog's Affection*

*I guess RDA's recent pic on Instagram of "Two Dogs" came to mind!
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Sticking with the dog theme (I'm not picturing RDA or Mac or definitely not Jack doing this). But their dogs, yes!

Romping Delightfully Around
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
JB5

Post by JB5 »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:49 am Sticking with the dog theme (I'm not picturing RDA or Mac or definitely not Jack doing this). But their dogs, yes!

Romping Delightfully Around
Excellent MacGyverGirl! But I have to say that personally I think Romping with Rick would be very delightful! ;) ;)

And jp - yes you must watch MacGyver again!! :D :D

However - back to the matter in hand, and I think the dog days of summer have come a little early for me as I am stumped on more doggy references. So - getting back to the heart of Jack and Mac's character, how about -

Raffish Dauntless Audacity

(with Jack definitely more raffish than Mac!)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

:D :D :D, JB5! I agree, more Jack than Mac!!
JB5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:24 pm Excellent MacGyverGirl! But I have to say that personally I think Romping with Rick would be very delightful! ;) ;)
MacGyverGirl, my hats off to you... but, JB5, I like your twist on it! ;)
JB5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:24 pm And jp - yes you must watch MacGyver again!! :D :D
Yes, I see the error of my ways... I got to MacGyver (and everything else that RDA was in) after watching SG-1 for the first time during the pandemic! And while I have watched SG-1 many times since then, I haven't returned to re-watch Mac and will correct that lamentable oversight shortly...
JB5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:24 pm However - back to the matter in hand, and I think the dog days of summer have come a little early for me as I am stumped on more doggy references.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Great turn of phrase!!! I'm with you there, JB5. No matter how doggedly :roll: I try, I've got nothing!
So, this is a shout-out to one of my favorite RDA roles, Dexter Fillmore:

Rascally Disreputable Aspirations
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

So, this is a shout-out to one of my favorite RDA roles, Dexter Fillmore:

Rascally Disreputable Aspirations
I'm glad to see you are giving a shout out to Dexter, JP! :) Dexter is a complex character and I'm sure RDA had fun with him.

Reprehensible Dorky Advisor
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:48 pm I'm glad to see you are giving a shout out to Dexter, JP! :) Dexter is a complex character and I'm sure RDA had fun with him.
I'm sure you're right about that, MacGyvergirl! I sure did. Please tell me Dexter appeared in more than three episodes!
So to continue with him:

Reluctance Disguising Assuredness
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

LTTPlits wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:38 pm :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:48 pm I'm glad to see you are giving a shout out to Dexter, JP! :) Dexter is a complex character and I'm sure RDA had fun with him.
I'm sure you're right about that, MacGyvergirl! I sure did. Please tell me Dexter appeared in more than three episodes!
So to continue with him:

Reluctance Disguising Assuredness
I'm sorry, JP but Dexter only was with us for 3 episodes. I, like yourself and others, would have loved to have seen more of him. Dexter did not have a fear of committment as he had a steady girl and he was in love! :) So here is to MacGyver's alter ego:

Romantic Doting Admirer
JB5

Post by JB5 »

So although it was only 3 episodes, Dexter was obviously quite a complex character. How about -

Reticent Dudish Awkwardness

And have you noticed the slight resemblance of RDA to Dexter in the school photo tvero80 posted today on the forum? Must be the large glasses..... ;)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well done both! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacGyverGirl, you highlighted the perfect disguise for the man who can't commit: a guy with a steady girl with whom he is in love!
MacGyverGirl wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:32 pm I'm sorry, JP but Dexter only was with us for 3 episodes.
Noooo, please say it isn't so! Now that was a major mistake.... there was so much more fun that could have been had by us, as well as by RDA!

And you, JB5, captured another facet of the disguise, the athletic Mac hidden below all of Dexter's physical awkwardness, even in his facial expressions!
JB5 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:47 pm And have you noticed the slight resemblance of RDA to Dexter in the school photo tvero80 posted today on the forum? Must be the large glasses..... ;)
I have to say that I had some trouble believing that was RDA in that photo, but you may be on to something about the large glasses... It says "D.Anderson." Was he going by his middle name then, was he called "Dick," or...? Inquiring minds want to know.

So, continuing with Dexter as disguise:
Rigs (himself up in) Dweeby Attire