Just my two cents

Vicky

Re: Just my two cents

Post by Vicky »

Hey B and the gang! I was wondering the same thing.

Lies, I'm so happy that you and your family are well!

I haven't been here lately - I was pretty stressed out waiting to see if I was going to awarded with a paid leave from my airline. I am so relieved and grateful that I was given leave for April and May. I love what I do but I am terrified to work right now. Our flight loads have been cut to 10% for April and 20% for May. Even though I live in San Diego, I'm based in Las Vegas so flying to/from there would have been very difficult. Yet another thing that I don't have to stress over! As of two days ago, 10 of my fellow crew members have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

B - that was very selfless and kind of you to share your masks! I hope we see more of that with our fellow humans!

Stay safe everyone!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

It's so good to hear from you, Vicky - and so glad you get paid leave for April and May.

Know it's got to be scary on flights. Sorry to hear so many of your colleagues have tested positive for the virus.

I was so glad to share the masks and my brother was SOOOO grateful. He is a senior citizen with bad athsma so he is a high risk person and he really wanted the masks for himself, his wife, and his wife's children and grandchildren and his daughter.

I think people all over the world are stepping up with amazing selfless acts during this terrible time. All the healthcare workers are heroes, as are the people who work in grocery stores, for instance.

Prayers for Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the UK who is in the ICU in Britain tonight. May God be with all those who are critically ill with this virus.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 am Prayers for Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the UK who is in the ICU in Britain tonight.
He seems to be better now .Time will tell which decisions were the most appropriate to fight the epidemic . But considering the fact that Boris Johnson was the (only ?) one who wanted to allow the virus to spread and build up immunity , it's rather strange (ironic ?) to see that he applied this risky strategy to himself … sorry if I sound too hard but I'm not fond of that man .
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

As many (most ?) of us are obliged to stay at home I thought I would make you travel a little … to the Netherlands and the Keukenhof gardens :
https://youtu.be/EnnurXLooZw
I chose a short video but there are many longer ones on YouTube if you're interested . Nature is blooming and it's beautiful !
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

How lovely! Thank you for the little tour!
Maybe someday .....
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:00 pm As many (most ?) of us are obliged to stay at home I thought I would make you travel a little … to the Netherlands and the Keukenhof gardens :
https://youtu.be/EnnurXLooZw
I chose a short video but there are many longer ones on YouTube if you're interested . Nature is blooming and it's beautiful !
<sigh> Ten days from now, I was supposed to be touring that garden. One of the many cruises canceled by the virus.

Ah well, this year a video tour, but one day soon my cruise will happen. :)

Happy Easter all,

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - V - Awesome! 7 million flowers they said I think. So beautiful. Thanks.

And Happy Easter to you, Kate, and to all.
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear from you Vicky. Can imagine it's stressfull. I hope your colleagues wil be better soon! And that you wil stay safe.

What a wonder you found those masks B, it had to be that way!

Thanks for that trip to the Keukenhof, V. It's been a long time for me, I think 29 years ago :shock: it's so big now. And beautiful.

I love how the nature is blooming now we are forced to say home as much as we can.

Stay safe everyone😘😘
Lots of love,

Lies

Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Trevo80,
Thanks for the tour, all those flowers. It is wonderful!
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Nice video V. :D
Since I work with flowers, I can only say that it is really nice and very comforting to have all the beauties around you. The best time of the year is beginning, I love my work.
It is high season now, which is difficult in Corona times. People are still not all ready to follow rules. But I still love my work.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.