Just my two cents

bftlovesRDA

Re: Just my two cents

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:48 pm You're right , B . Voting by mail is another issue since it will postpone the results . And I was told mail didn't work too well in your country ...
You're right - people have found cartons of undelivered mail in many different places in our country. So, if that happens for these mail in ballots, the election results will not be accurate. Like I said, it's going to be a nightmare!
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:31 pm I'm sad , shocked , outraged at what is going on at present before the election in the USA. The whole system doesn't seem democratic to me ( not thinking of the party of course ) : electoral college / supreme court ( and its ' supreme' power ...) thinking of refuting the results if they do not please you ...
I'm going to allow this topic, for now, even though it is a touchy one. Just be aware that what you read/see in the media is not exactly true. It is true the US government has a complex system of checks and balances in place, and there are those who will try to manipulate that to their own benefit, but it's not quite as simple as you are expressing here. The Electoral College and the Supreme Court are part of that system of checks and balances. We have had contested elections in the past (including the last one). It is the nature of elections that not everyone will be pleased with the result, but so far, the system has worked.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:33 pm
tvero80 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:31 pm I'm sad , shocked , outraged at what is going on at present before the election in the USA. The whole system doesn't seem democratic to me ( not thinking of the party of course ) : electoral college / supreme court ( and its ' supreme' power ...) thinking of refuting the results if they do not please you ...
I'm going to allow this topic, for now, even though it is a touchy one. Just be aware that what you read/see in the media is not exactly true. It is true the US government has a complex system of checks and balances in place, and there are those who will try to manipulate that to their own benefit, but it's not quite as simple as you are expressing here. The Electoral College and the Supreme Court are part of that system of checks and balances. We have had contested elections in the past (including the last one). It is the nature of elections that not everyone will be pleased with the result, but so far, the system has worked.

Kate
Thanks, Kate, for that added explanation.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

In september 2016 Rick sent a selfie and a note :

Vote !!!

Well you voted...
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Not sure if I missed thus but for anyone who knew her Jacqueline Schofield Burrell passed away October 27th. She was on my of RDAs FB pages. Just thought you who knew here might want to know.