Poems and Quotes

Salem Moses

Re: Poems and Quotes

Post by Salem Moses »

A creative Writing For Halloween

Last edited by Salem Moses on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

A Creative Writing For Halloween

Last edited by Salem Moses on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

It would have been nice, to have someone. But no, Fate can be quite indifferent to the heart.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

A Creative Writing For Halloween

Last edited by Salem Moses on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Dinner With A Living Werewolf ~
... by Salem Moses, Creative Writing For Halloween ...

At the dinner table, whose centerpiece candles barely lit the dim sense of gloom in this privately reserved restaurant catering, my host for the evening held up his glass to toast. "Toward a more understanding coexistence.. between our respective families", his wine glass lingered in the air with all the pretense of civility, then was moved to quench a very dry mouth.. from the sound of it. So in short, I have survived the dinner thus far.. which had just begun. Baby steps, that's how we encourage ourselves when faced with yet another mountain to climb. Just take it one small step at a time. Breathe in slowly, small controlled movements, breathe out slowly. Show no reaction to what you see, concentrate on the wordplay. Dive deep to decipher any hidden leading intentions. Don't challenge, don't retreat, especially don't freeze up, and things should work out.. probably.

Earlier that day, locked in my own bedroom with a closet spilled out onto my bed. Not knowing the visual spectrum of a were-person.. sort'ov limited my wardrobe choices. Aren't dogs said to see only in gray tones? But he's also part human.. right? So in frustration by not being up-to-date on all things mythological, primary colors were chosen. Those which I thought might be traditionally symbolic of being representative of the respectable time-honored qualities of strength & patience. So I went with deep shade of red and a light shade of yellow (I have to make a good first impression, my very life could depend upon it). Surely he would notice the colors above my nervous trembling.. I would need to deaden my emotions for this dinner in order for my words to weigh in as iron. I was surprised by the invite, a wax sealed envelope in my mailbox. An actual physical envelope with a red wax seal.. who does that anymore? But clearly I was sooooo misinformed as to the nature of who I was to meet. I had thought all this time that a spirit of a were-beast was trying to secretly rule this backwater rural county of human spirits. So that me being a physical person.. need not worry about what I surmised as being as harmful as a puff of smoke. But an actual physical envelope inviting me to have dinner for an informal exchange of information and dialog.. with an actual living were-beast-person. This really sent my mental red flag response on high alert. To where all of my thoughts were flagged as vulnerable. And in watching the different movies that I have seen in my life on encountering monsters.. being seen as "vulnerable" soon leads to being seen as "prey". And I still have a house payment coming up next week. "And I can't afford to die tonight. That would simply ruin my scheduled hair appointment for this weekend", I nervously said to myself using humor to calm my shaking. "Iron.. mentally replace your vulnerabilities with steadfast iron. Be strong, and you'll survive", my reflection in the bedroom mirror said to me. Of course that was me saying that to myself but it's comforting to think that I'm not in this alone with my head on the chopping block. Along with my bloodied body on this guy's dinner plate.. which is exactly how I feel at the moment.. so alone. Like a little lamb meeting a big wolf in the dark forest.. so alone, and totally tonight's prey.

~ More (Mostly Irrelevant?) Werewolf/Vampire/Zombie/..Reality Stuff ~

(Just found these buried under dust in my old phone memory from 1-10 years ago)

* (Bad Guy servant to social outcast unlikely heroine): "I have long awaited the arrival of those such as yourself, to survive long enough to witness the desolation of your world". Then to his monstrous size spider creations he says, "Burst forth, rip the marrow from the bone of this world and ravage her innocence asunder".

* They were in a forest that noone enters. Those who enter, don't get out. Reason noone escapes is that the forest was protected by a hidden village of vampires who kill anyone that trespassed into the forest. The vampires practice murder so their population wouldn't grow beyond the boundaries of the forest that kept them safe from those that would do them harm. The area of the forest was traditionally known as "The Land". Wolf Group with last surviving villager, looking unsure toward Duke Wellington.. the foreign newcomer to these killing fields. Staring him in the face from underneath the Weeping Willow tree she sat.. was a little vampire girl. Third in line, heiress of the bloodrite, now at their mercy. They considered what to do with her. Knowing that if they let her go, there was nowhere her influence could not find them. Pack leader turns toward Duke, "you should go" he said with warning in his voice. Duke turned to leave, but the hopeless expression of that girl's stare dug deeply his soul to where he couldn't command his feet to move. Clinching his fingernails into his palm forming a fist, he moved the only part of his body that he could.. Right into the face of the nearest wolf before Duke himself turned into his own form as he leaped onto the middle of the pack tearing them a new hole. "You'll never get away with this, you impure blood!" He yelled violently. "I just did", Duke replied before striking him down. His flesh torn and punctured. One by one they fell. After killing the pack, he stumbled in moving his weary wolf form toward the little girl at the base of the old weeping willow tree. Resting his head on her lap, he reflected on what he had done in defying his own kind. Before succumbing to unconsciousness, he felt that he had little choice. Her fate, he felt, was not theirs to decide.. did not belong to them. Then his weary battle torn body lay limp as unconsciousness claimed him. The little girl, vampire blood flowing through her, simply worked the courage up to stroke the hair of the large wolf head which was in her lap. "..nice doggy."

* Decades later, an unlikely alliance between wolves and vampires is tenuously formed to share strength against an even more dangerous enemy. The Halloweentown Virus created by a vengeful witch whose body was presumed long dead along with her village but whose bloodlust lived on through her creation. A viral strain which reanimates corpses who cannot themselves die. And if zombie fluid splashes onto a living creature.. the viral strain within that fluid soon adds another convert to the viral flood sweeping across the land. Within the vestige of the vampire royal court, a wolf-kin ambassador is given lodging and protection from one who is already shunned of political circles and romantic intrigue. In a Vampire House named "Black Brigade" that returned to royal court through patient & skillful manipulation of information brokering.. shaving off profits as bribes. The social outcast vampire girl lifts veil revealing a scarred face from a wolf attack long ago, her hair had all but turned lifeless. Her fingertips trace the scars along her face. Look warily at Duke's daughter, "You wolves have never been a friend to me". Disinterested in a reply, the now teenage vampire girl quietly sulks at having been given what accounts to little more than babysitting duty. Vampire political governance of "Houses" was based upon terror, fear and punishment. Since societal order was based upon deceit & treachery, soldiers rose in the ranks through trickery, betrayal and sometimes even assassination. It was harsh political waters that the teenage vampire girl navigated. In her past, she lost family.. her entire village to the wolf-kin. She had no memory of that time, and confusingly vague flashbacks which made no sense would sometimes trigger from the strangest of things. The feel of her fingertips on a feather duster, sound of firewood crackling in the distance, a dead dog laying in a ditch as she walked passed. Unrelenting strangeness haunted her, stalked her even. When she was of age to mentally account for her own responsibility, she struggled with no help nor allies in forming a house strong enough to keep the fire lit and the roof from leaking. Then more strength was added with the inclusion of other skilled recruits. She came to the aid of a neighboring House which was poorly managed, to fight alongside them and other houses in a major battle in the region destroying an early zombie outbreak.. a witch-born creation which got out of hand mixing black magic with a viral strain from one of the human world's own pandemics. The results were catastrophic when the unstable viral strain mutated and their franken-zombie creation turned on them. Yet of the lower rank vampire houses which participated, most of the survivors of that battle belonged to her own house. To recoup lost resources & human slaves, a begrudged rival house raided the weaker house which was allied with her own. Together, she and the weaker house formed a Black Brigade and raided that rival house killing many mind-washed human slaves and house members. Taking only what was necessary to survive this war. From that day forward, there has always been "blood in the water" between her house and that rival house. In such an already weakened and vulnerable state, the weaker house was absorbed into her own but the cooperative name remained. A crucial disagreement in that battle's strategy plan which she deemed flawed, forced her to reevaluate strengths & weaknesses of using terrain to her advantage and not throw her house as cannon fodder with the rest. Though her house fought side by side with rival houses for some battles but not others.. choosing to question the accuracy of the intel provided. The majority of the rival houses thought her weak in picking apart battle orders, and when their own forces was destroyed.. their hostility for their greater loss was levied upon another. Having been exiled as incompetent based upon evidence they received from the orphaned Vampire Girl turned House Leader. The rival house leader responsible for accurate battlefield recon intel was later assassinated. When his House kin heard of this, they argue their nobility has been stolen from them. When they heard their exiled master dies by assassination, his kin claimed that the once orphaned vampire girl brought it about to destroy that rival house because of a past grudge. What then they could not achieve through brutish threat nor strength of arms against her, they sought now through coercion of political alliances to disfavor and discredit the reputation of her along with her house. And in a time such as this, when the whole of vampire kind were seemingly allied against her and in dire need of trustful political alliances of her own, these bothersome flashbacks starting occurring. Is there a connection?.. she often wonders.

* Out on the open plains, the ocean cliff behind them and the flood pressing upon them from their front. A cackling like sound bellows down from the darkened storm clouds overhead. Flying down as if from a nightmare with her whole establishment, the vengeful witch watches the spectacle from the flying remains of Halloweentown. "Peering over into the abyss with the apocalypse upon us.. I'm loving it".

* After angry librarian loses her composure and is revealed to be the guardian for the main villain. Her speech before succumbing to noisy patrons in battle: "You tread upon lore from before man, before even the gods. When Titans lived without rival. Even Time itself had yet to be forged".

Scene: FBI Headquarters.. Paranormal Division, commonly called "X-Files" by various interns trying to get transferred into that department (bragging rights alone would help them impress the ladies in the typing pool.. probably). Early office briefing to piece together investigative scraps of information turned in by 3-man team before they went.. dismembered in Pacific Northwest tribal town outside rental cabin. Parts found in tree elevation of 50 feet from ground, other parts here and there, one found on cabin roof. Other parts never recovered or found. Local Sheriff's office labeled scene as tragic and listed possible bear attack as probable cause.. sign later posted "Do Not Feed Bears". Field investigation closed due to insufficient credible evidence and lack of testimony from individuals cited on earlier field report investigating werewolf sightings. Cold case transferred to Washington and assigned to home office Paranormal Division. Coffee machine not working properly again. Heating element flickers on/off off due to possible electrical short from previous intern spilling coffee on electronics. Intern later transferred to mail room, sorting suspicious packages for biohazard threat.

Division Supervisor> "As you can see from the collection of documents we have on this subject.."
Woman in glasses having to wake up before her coffee> "..we have a dossier on this subject?"
Division Supervisor> "..though most is speculative and a few are historical accounts. The standing wolf form incorporates the more aggressive advantages of a man's stature with an even more primal ferocious nature of a wolf's rage.. It represents a very dangerous evolutionary aberration as this berserker form sacrifices the tenuous balance between intellect & instinct. Replacing that balance with neural chemical cocktail which fuels hunger & rage. A near perfect predator. This was their passed down community tribal tradition.. Their way of holding onto their identity in an ever encroaching homogeneous outside world. A solo entity can be overcome by a concerted group effort. If the need arises, should we ever come upon one."
Older Field Agent trying to keep his sleepy eyes from closing shut> "I guess that field team must have encountered more than one subject."
Harry Guy with arms folded> "From listening to the Coast-to-Coast late night airing on this, I think they employed a clairvoyant to visit the scene during that fateful encounter. From the uneasiness of her account, she was definitely scared at what she saw. But she told of three men in a hurry to reach their cabin to pack and leave. Then as they were coming out of the cabin and were halfway to their vehicle, a small number of werewolves rushed out from the nearby treeline surprising them. The agents fired their handguns to no effect, then the werewolves dismembered them in a furious rage, body parts landing everywhere."
The Supervisor puts down his papers and applies his fingertips on the pressure points on the upper nose between his eyes. It is clearly too early to be working under florescent lighting. "That was all the scraps of information that earlier team was able to piece together to send us, which we incorporated into a more detailed report. Unwarranted speculation from syndicated radio broadcast programs who earn their funding through increasing viewership by any means necessary. Inviting celebrity guest fortune tellers to offer their opinion of what foods allergies that zodiac signs are vulnerable to.. of communicating with spirits.. to aliens colonizing our moon. Really, take everything you hear from tabloid broadcasts & publications with a grain of salt. No confirmed evidence was found to put together an outline of probable events leading to the demise of the field investigative team. All innuendo aside, I think we should sidebar this topic until better coffee could be procured. Samantha, see if you can put together a safety report on the coffee maker in the next office over. Something to the effect of it violating safety regulations concerning obstacles placed within three feet of a fire extinguisher, possibly blocking access to an emergency device. Drop it onto the inbox of the section manager, with a followup stating that the recommended course of corrective action would be to remove the obstacle in question until another location could be determined. Samantha, on your way back from the manager's mailbox, go ahead and bring us that coffee maker so we could put it to use and continue the briefing with actual coffee."
Samantha, who started as an intern but rose to new office recruit following a performance evaluation> "I'll get right to that, sir. One more thing, do we need to also confiscate their gourmet bag of coffee grounds as well?"
Department Supervisor> "I don't think that would look legal, seeing as how we're concerned for the safety of this entire floor should a fire break out. Best to state in your safety report that the whole cabinet was relocated into storage for safe keeping.. then you can bring that bag of coffee to us."
Samantha tries to look professional, but the smile escaping her outward facade denoted her residual intern psychology. On the table in front of the supervisor are two images forwarded to his department from the local sheriff who investigated the crime scene. 1st image is from the hard drive of a small concealable digital camera discovered in the right side pocket of the pants found missing it's torso from one of the victims. The 2nd image is from the hard drive of the digital camera belonging to the local sheriff who took this photograph at the crime scene. Shotgun shell for size comparison of animal footprint. Both hard drives were subsequently wiped clean after printed images were mailed to the FBI home office as an official investigative case communique. An included note said to not bother contacting the local sheriff's office about this closed case involving a random bear attack -as written in the official sheriff's report.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:04 am, edited 44 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

(Warning: A Creative Writing For Halloween)

~ Journey Into The Abyss ~
Expedition To The Bottom Of The Ocean
..To The Catacombs Of A Likely Atlantis Prime
..Where Dust Covered Skulls & Lingering Spirits May Reside

Participants:
* Lollaran (The human spirit who grew up in the 2nd incarnation of Atlantis but whose life was mainly confined to a small village on the district neighboring that of the historic city. Also she loved & trained horses when she was alive and was a vegetarian/ pacifist)
* Shuarel (This human spirit is still somewhat of a mystery as she very seldom says anything of her past but is fully cooperative with anything I tend to come up with. She has the ability to open portals to geographic locations and can concentrate to locate a person/ place through a form of psychic radar in order to get a GPS lock. She was a contract spirit until her host shop went bankrupt and she then found me to be a much better person to start over with. In thanks for her needed help over the past few months, I have afforded her the unique gift from the Magic Shop of recreating any energy source that she had beforehand come into contact with)
* Kiten (A young human girl form malevolent horror entity. She is a runaway who was formerly hosted by a welsh witch that originally manipulated her to leave her family then contracted her out for horror work. At the witch's home, Kiten would often fall prey to putdowns by older more accomplished and attractive spirits. Shuarel became her only friend at this place and later introduced me to her. Her favorite snack is Venom Energy Drink & Ice Cream)

So.. I had already mentioned to Lollaran, the Atlantean spirit who I recently adopted from the Magic Shop, about there being a chance that Atlantis could still exist. I had been going through my media links and found an old remote viewing video from The Farsight Institute (in Georgia, I think?) from 2016. A mysterious spot was found on Google Earth that was 3 miles at the bottom of the ocean and looked as if it were ancient civilization ruins. Sure I had to rewatch the video, read the target description and mission profile on their website.. and realized that noone had actually GONE there to put "boots on the ground" so-to-speak. An up close and personal contact where behind every dark alleyway.. ancient history is reaching out their boney hand from the shadow to claim your soul. So as the remote viewing session lacked the sense of thrill I was looking for.. I took it upon myself to put together a recon expedition and lay claim to whatever treasure bootie that be there. -harharhar (my pirate imitation needs more work). We had recently finished opening a portal to the Moon to collect moondust.. so I figured it was befitting to send some other spirits down into the dark abyss. Sure it was their weekend of "personal time" and "don't bother me with actual tasks".. but I have a way with words and videos and the little horror girl Kiten (one of my overly-spoiled-on-horror-anime little girls now) seemed to warm up nicely to the prospect of finding ancient skulls laying around everywhere in the dark.. under 3 miles of ocean. Since Shuarel was the only one who could open a portal to that location.. I had to coop with her psychic radar to first find the location and then to 3rd-Eye remote view for a preliminary environment report of what conditions are like there now. The following is what I remember:

The dome has been mostly filled with water but there remains a small air pocket at the very top. Water covers all buildings and skyscrapers. No fish spirits observed which mean no predatory aquatic spirits (ie: sharks "who prefer stalking you then attack swiftly from behind when you least expect it' and "tentacle reaching from the darkness to snatch you away" octopus). So just crumbling buildings and some of the skyscraper tops that already fallen onto neighboring buildings sending steel & stone crashing to the streets below (but this was many millennia ago). Local spirits were sensed but nothing definite on the condition of their lingering psyche or their numbers. I was being overcautious at this point, as I didn't want to lose any of my girls (well.. young ladies, mostly) from being unprepared. So I googled wetsuits which led to exosuits which led to anime.. (why does everything lead to anime in my house?) And came up with something practical yet stylish pilot suits from the new Evangelon series. A few modifications here, add energy source backpack instead of original breather.. there. Color the exosuits light pink/ light purple/ and light teal green to have the team appear harmless and therefore approachable by locals. Upgrade the helmet to see in the dark, add a security barrier disk on each of Shuarel's hips which creates a secured exit point via energy constructed 12x12x8 safe-space to keep hostiles from following you home through the exit portal. Disks would self destruct after 10 minutes, so my homies should have their butt in gear and get it through that lovely portal home.

Mission Time: 6pm. Suit check went okay as did briefing on how to use various equipment. Personnel locator watches turned on. Shuarel located a suitable exit point into the underwater dome which had elbow room to allow the team to get an easy fix on their position without worrying about blindspots. (Now began my epic monologue through pendulum which served nicely as a comm check: "A warrior is chosen to face the ultimate challenge. She must undergo a terrifying ordeal which defines the boundary between dream and reality. Where flesh has the consistency of jello and gravity is but a suggestion.. That fear is nothing but an innocuous forgettable accessory but as an aberration it has a way of sticking in your mind. Because the longer you look at it, the less sense it makes. That what starts as a passing thought soon takes root in your mind and swiftly grows into obsession. For when there is no more around us to fear, we soon begin to fear ourselves.") With an exhausting sigh, they each reply that comm check was clear and started their walk toward the heart of the city. A few moments later as if to elevate their attention from the morbid and the mundane, a wandering male spirit came up to them and started a brief emotional rant that was never answered. Lollaran relayed to me that she didn't understand anything he was talking about that it sounded like gibberish. Or that maybe the language was too different and had changed too much from his time to her own (we ARE talking 40,000 years difference between his civilization collapse and her own). I then checked with Shuarel on if her telepathic abilities gave her some indication as to what the local spirit was trying to communicate. Again, there was no descriptive suitable to cover his limping mental fractured state of mind. His psyche was pretty much as eroded by time as these buildings were. Like the metaphor of "the light bulb was on but noone was home" sort'ov thing. I opted to check in with Kiten (reminded me of "Kitten" but is welsh pronunciation which is why I couldn't help but automatically care so much about her in the beginning) to slightly trail a couple feet behind and keep watch on their six (watch for anything coming up from behind). To spice up the fear factor, I reminded her that if there are human spirits there.. that it's a likelihood that aquatic predators may have moved in as well. That a lack of human spirits may be the result of a spirit octopus which grabbed them with tentacles to pull into it's mouth in devouring their life energy. Or possibly sharks which circle above then sneak up from behind when their attack would be most vicious. "Time is running out, the evil of our yesterdays will feed on the marrow of our own individual weakness, they will rise from the ashes of our guilt to then corrupt the thought of our friends. When will spirits awaken..? Why.. they are already here among us." (I thought it a good point here to stop encouraging her dark side to bloom in this scary place, as it could probably unnerve the other two)

Mission Time: 6:30pm. So I then checked in with the team leader to query a status check. Since there were no signs of locals to interact with, the next objective was pushed up to have the team search for recoverable technology. Primarily a power crystal that is said to still be emitting energy. And from the size of this place, that would be quite a powerful energy source to have remained stable for so long.. if even in a greatly weakened condition. I requested Shuarel to try and locate an energy source that would fit the description of a power crystal by using her psychic radar. Upon finding it's location, the team would now try to make it to that destination within the remaining hour & half given for this operation (streamlined timetable were figured against probabilities of being in one place too long with vague intel on local dangers which normally elevate the closer to the mission objective a deployment nears)(yeah, I watched too many late night movies). Along the way, if something caught their interest.. they were at liberty to briefly check on it but must try and maintain the mission timetable. I then closed the comm on my end to get busy with other responsibilities around the house. Today was a sick day off from work, and I have to get to doctoring myself if I am to not get fired this week.

Mission Time: 7:45pm. After something like an hour, I checked back in and found the team not able to make the timetable at reaching the exit point (where we would evaluate extracting the power crystal) by appointed deadline. I had asked what the delay was, but as there were no other spirits encountered (this was pretty much a ghost town.. minus the ghosts.. so just a town), they were checking on secondary targets. Determining what the public transport system might have been, if street lights used regular light bulbs or crystals (no light bulbs), if buildings used regular light bulbs or crystals (no light bulbs), if there were any books (no books found anywhere), if there were a religious temple (was probably one, somewhere), if there were written Atlantean language on anything that Kiten could take a picture of with her polaroid (she ended up taking around 20 photographs which she stored in her waist pouch for later examination). My thought was to see if early pseudoforms of writing might match some of the characters of the Atlantean language as a hand-me-down derivative (This could become a research project for later). But as the tour was dragging on, I prompted the expedition team to focus on making it to the exit point within the next 30 minutes, to which they agreed. I mentioned in closing the comm that I would check back in 30 minutes to begin our previously agreed upon exit point protocol (Lollaran was to place her hand on the power crystal, Shuarel would twist off a disk and press the activation button underneath to secure the exit point in which she could then create a portal back to Lollaran's village in the valley of the floating island 5-miles above my house. At which point I would do my part and use astral energy to home in on Lollaran's position to then copy the power crystal and have it delivered to the chandelier collar construct awaiting it at the marble round building. Then I would copy/deliver the connecting apparatus to a nearby marble square building for further investigation by Lollaran's family who may have some knowledge on usage as their former village employed a smaller type of the same power crystal setup). Well.. I then signed off.

Mission Time: 8:15pm. Shuarel responded to my comm and said that all was ready for the extraction. Nothing more to report, no operator manual or other technical book was discovered. "We're ready when you are..". On that note, I asked her to activate the portal so I could begin a copy extraction of the remaining primary objective. The power crystal, if her people could get it working, would really help her village to offset the monthly energy drain with each new moon and then there was the Mercury Retrograde to soften up. For too long, spirits bottom out on energy as they near each monthly new moon cycle and top off with every full moon. This crystal, if it could work.. would help to stabilize that energy rollercoaster every month. And this would be Atlantean technology helping Atlantean people. So I would count it as a win-win proposition. Before the portal closed, I took a chance to use astral energy to copy any memory crystals and books that was to be found anywhere in that sunken city. To be delivered back to the barn for later research (No books were recovered as none were in existence. But several memory crystals did appear). My part then finished up and the team was already through the portal at Lollaran's village. I contacted Lollaran to give the wetsuit and accompanying gear to Shuarel to bring back here to the house for storage. I then sensed that Lollaran was on her bed feeling unresponsive so I made a little time to touch on the impact of this being her first mission and seeing such loss. I asked if she had found any spirits that she felt was worth rescuing.. "...." (silence followed by a later "no"). I asked if she had seen any children or women in the cit
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ An Unexpected Turn Of Events ~
.. by Salem Moses, Creative Writing for Halloween ..

"This is an unexpected end of my day.." I said to myself as my fingers trace through the warming water of a pending bath. This evening from work I contacted my new house spirit whom I had entrusted to shoulder the responsibility of tending to the day-to-day in my absence. She had been vague in telling me that there was a new development. I asked about this or that, but no specifics were forthcoming. She still yet remains undecided about us.. like how a newly placed child would feel about their foster family. So after arriving home, I sat down and asked if she was there with me.. "no". I asked from intuition if she was riding her Pegasus (I had found one up for adoption at the magic shop and thought my equestrian trainer would be joyful at receiving this gift).. "yes". I asked if she was out for a short ride in the moonlight and was soon to return home.. "no". I then asked from intuition if she was going to visit her brother (I had recently afforded for her from the magic shop the paranormal ability to find her long lost mother). "yes". The short story of it is that my new spirit was a trainer of horses when she was alive and had lived in a small village with her parents and one brother. The mom had informed me that he was mean spirited when he was alive.. lacking in compassion and humility toward those he saw as inferior to himself.. clearly a superiority complex but that this was long ago and everyone had lost touch since their village was taken in flood. I contacted her again to reason with her that perhaps some doors should remain closed.. "no answer". I tried to rationalize to her of the fable concerning Pandora's box and what unforeseen consequences that may accompany unbridled curiosity.. "perhaps". Relenting to her stubborn quest to meet her long lost brother, I offered the wisdom to not meet him directly but to land a half mile away then walk alone to him. It is best to not show your cards when at a poker table with another whose malicious reputation precedes them. Her reluctant reply was in acknowledging the wisdom in my concern. I went further to suggest she send back the Pegasus to have it return in three days to give her time with her brother.. without anything to catch his gainful eye.. "Yes". In my heart I know all too well the yearning to see an estranged family member.. a brother. Yet there still exists within all of us that part which rubs us the wrong way, especially if it is deeply rooted. Then our time becomes an exercise in patience as we share the remains of the day.. together yet still miles apart. The house here seems empty with her sudden departure while I was still at work. Her mother was not at peace in that contact should be made with her son, yet a sister's heart naturally yields to reconciling the years apart from her brother, to see him once more. I think my advice, for all the good it would do in offering it, inevitably went in one ear and out the other. I should have played upon her heart sympathies, instead of using logic. I just don't know.. the feeling here is like the calm before a storm. That is the best I can describe it.. as a disquieting silence. Well, later tonight flying in moonlight above the clouds or possibly on the morrow with the breaking of dawn. She will at long last have her heartfelt reunion with her long lost brother.. the Atlantean.

Update.. the following evening:. I got home from a long weary day at work and contacted the equestrian house spirit. She replied she was on the way home.. with her brother. I set the pendulum down, did a face palm, and sighed. A moment after that emotionally exhausting pause, I went to work on something of a gift. Over the next hour it took much of my focus to construct from astral energy a half mile diameter valley on a floating island five miles above my house. Little by little over the next couple days, it slowly became the rural village they had known 34,000 years ago.. therefore a home to the recovered family of my Atlantean spirit so they can fully rebuild their lives together in a meaningful manner of familiarity. -Merry Christmas

(Update: 8 months later)..

She who once was a homeless spirit without the company of those she once held dear. Is now the village elder surrounded by family and dear friends.. and a son her mother spoils. The villagers had spent the summer planting Atlantean vegetables and raising them with much celebration. The village healer tending to forest herbs he transplanted there and making medicinal energy tea. Life.. as they had known it, has returned. Also as a new addition on my part, is a Stargate located in the surrounding forest by the valley wall where the herbs grow. If you've seen the gate on SGA.. then you would recognize this one, and only the village elder can dial out. It is overwhelming to me sometimes, the thought of how kindness within one heart can change someone's whole world.

(In Conclusion): Through Logic, there are no closed doors which are permanently locked or forbidden. There are simply doors which cannot be opened, yet. Besides, if we can get eggs from dead chickens, then why can't ghosts have children?
Last edited by Salem Moses on Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:21 am, edited 16 times in total.