Sport (any sport...)

tvero80

Re: Sport (any sport...)

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks, Andrea :)
Since I talked about the Olympics the other day ,I think it's only fair to mention now the Paralympic Games which started a couple of days ago . Amazing athletes ! I'm speechless when I see what they can achieve !
They remind me of the time Rick attended the Special Olympics ( thank you for that , Rick ! ) :

WinterGirl83

Post by WinterGirl83 »

I'm a huge NASCAR fan. I did see the video here on the site that RDA did about racing, that was pretty cool to watch.

I run a fan account on Twitter in support of one of the teams; I live Tweet during practice, qualifying and the race. Keeps me busy at weekends lol.
steci85

Post by steci85 »

Hello to you all!
Yesterday the ice hockey - WM started.
USA and Canada both started very well; Germany also made a good game but few things to develop.
We"ll see...
It's just a great sport for me, I love it; and I am looking forward to the next matches!
Enjoy yourself if you're also interested in ;)
Have a nice day.
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Hey Steci85, I saw that the ice hockey world championship is running. I actually don't watch it but I regularly read the part of it in the (printed and online) newspapers. So sorry that Germany lost today against a strong Czech team.

Well, I'm more into athletics/ track and field. I was thinking about visiting the Athletics European championship in Munich. But the distance keeps me away. Maybe the ISTAF in Berlin. ;)

That leads me to another sports question. What about you all? Is there any sports you're doing actively? I'm an avid jogger/runner for years now. Not fast, not long but regularely and it just makes me feel good. :D I'm so glad I'm allowed to run again after my bad knee injury last summer which lead into two surgeries (last one in November) and stopped me completely until the beginning of February. The forced break was so frustrating. The happier I was when I finished my first 5 km public run three weeks ago. Me knee is not as stable at it used to be but that can't stop me. Still working on muscle gain. :D Apart from running you'll also find me on my bicycle just for fun tours.
**Andrea**
steci85

Post by steci85 »

Hello Andrea,
yes, unfortunately they lost the game. But they made a lot of very good matches, they increased during the tournament and it was a lot of fun to watch. So,
I think it is not so bad; they came to the quarterfinal and they had a great teamspirit. :)
I am looking forward how team USA and Canada will play tomorrow....very exciting!!

For your healing and training I wish you all the best. The health is one of the most important things at all.

I am a big soccer fan; preferably played myself as a child/in youth time. Hiking and climbing also were my favorites, and ice skating.
But many surgeries later and in addition because of chronical illnes, I am unfortunately not able any more -since many years now- to do any sports.
On contrary: The daily life is my challenge now. And so I look some sports in TV and look around what could be interesting... Life forces us to adapt sometimes;
its hard to face, but there are so many nice things, that we shall try to look for them and try to make the best on it :) .

Your question is very interesting, maybe we will hear some other sports stories. Would be great.

Have a nice day and weekend. Enjoy jourself !! :D
steci85

Post by steci85 »

Hello to you all,

at the moment there are two things on the run:

- The World Games in Birmingham - sometimes really crazy and very interesting sports! Just great sportsexperiences, nice to watch

- The Womans Soccer European Championship - my favourite to watch and then/as a child to play it by myself

Enjoy yourself and have a nice day!
Best wishes and greeting

-------
Stefanie :)