hi....new here....

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Are you new? Say hello!

Post by KateR »

Welcome to our new members! :D :D

You may have noticed when you first joined that your first messages needed to be approved. That's only to prevent robots and spammers from interfering with the fun here and to keep everyone safe. Once it is clear that you are one of us, the monitoring is removed, so...

Welcome to the family. :)

Kate
CrowFlies

hi....new here....

Post by CrowFlies »

hi. i watch Mac whenever the show plays here which is often each week. ive Always been amazed at how physical he could be.
he did everything. i also understand, as ive read, his desire to be done with all that and live his own life. good for him.
he is smart and deserves that privacy and personal life.
he seems to have the same reserved practicality the tv character had. maybe he knew that. :)

so im new here and wondering....do you all just and only post about him? do you post about nature and enviro and other
similar type things?...or are you strictly about him, RDA.

he was correct when he said he appeared in most Every scene on Macg. he did it so well. he was Excellent in that role.

nice to see and meet you all. :)
KateR
Site Admin

Re: hi....new here....

Post by KateR »

Welcome to the Forum, CrowFlies.

I tried to merge your new post with the "Are you new? Say hello!" thread, and somehow I managed to change the name of the whole thread. And I haven't figured out how to undo it.

But no matter - it's still the thread to welcome new members. So... welcome!

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

welcome aboard :D
Although I haven't really been here on the forum lately :oops:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:40 am
..I tried to merge your new post with the "Are you new? Say hello!" thread, and somehow I managed to change the name of the whole thread. And I haven't figured out how to undo it.
Some message boards may incorporate a soft reset in the form of a back dated file. I am referencing how computer "Windows" operating system can be reset to a previous saved file. This has helped me a time or two when downloading something that didn't work out too well. Anyways, PhBB's may have a back dated log file from automatic saves. And welcome aboard JackGywer & CrowFlies.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Sharing a sense of vulnerability.. I'm (maybe?) still new here but have been sharing thoughts on archaeology in the Stargate franchise. Anyways, not too long ago I found out the hard way 5hat my little girl was lactose intolerant. I celebrated her 1st birthday a couple days ago with her and am very fortunate to have her in my life. I'm a single parent to a blonde hair, blue eyed bundle of kindness and joy. There are times when the worry hits me that maybe she is becoming selfish but later realize she is just being practical and kind with wanting her life filled with people who matter to her. The other parent is in hiding from very bad people who would still be on the lookout for them. At the time, I was powerless to protect anyone from such a predicament that they were in. Now, I'm stronger but the separation must continue if only to keep our baby girl in anominity. If however anyone should disappoint me in trespassing upon her kindness, I would see them as not worthy of sharing this planet with her and would unceremoniously place their butt on some insignificant piece of asteroid at the far reaches if this solar system to never again see the light of day. So fair warning..

Do not cross a parent who loves their child.

(Updated a couple weeks later?)

Stargate rules..

..nuff said.
DevinJerrry

Post by DevinJerrry »

Hi!
My name is Devin Jerry, I am a newbie here!
Nice to see you guys. Have a great day!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Hi DevinJerry . Welcome on board ! :)
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Hi, newbie here.

Hanneke - Dutch - 42 yrs old - wife - mother of 2 boys (13 and almost 12) - MacGyver-watcher.

They've been airing MacGyver on Paramount for a couple of weeks now. 2 episodes a day, so we're already in season 6....I'm already dreading the day we reach the shows finale...

So, what's the demographic on here? Where are you guys from, how old is the current/average RDA-fan these days :lol: how long have you been on this board? Anyone seen him irl?
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Welcome aboard, Dutchie81!!! :D

I hope you'll find this as fun a place to "play" as I have. I joined in January 2023, after sampling the archives and reading forum posts for about a year. But I decided I wanted to participate in some of the "games," so I joined up! As to your query about demographics: I'm from the other side of the Pond, the US. I didn't become a fan until I came across Stargate SG-1 during the pandemic and it really helped me cope with the situation. From there, I went on to see everything I could that RDA has been in, including MacGyver, (I'm in my third re-watch now!) but, as you can tell by my avatar and signature, I remain true to Jack and SG-1. Some of his movies can only be seen on the website and are well worth checking out. As to age, I'm within spitting distance of RDA himself! I have never had the pleasure of meeting the man himself but from the accounts of members who have, it sounds like a very special experience. Members are very generous in posting accounts, videos, and pix of their con experiences, as does Kate. In the archives, there is a treasure trove of information, pix, videos, and snippets from con appearance and interviews.

If you ever have any questions about how to post photos or how to use the icons above the messages or anything, please feel free to send me a PM.
Hope you have fun! And again, welcome!
jp