RDA's Movies-Have you watched it?

Monika

Re: RDA's Movies-Have you watched it?

Post by Monika »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:37 pm
Monika wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 pm Hello,
I don´t think I´ll reveal a secret, when I say that the man and his acting skills are unique.
I find it difficult to highlight one.
So just enjoy :D :D :D :D :D :D

From Monika with love
:D :D :D You are so right, Monika - THE MAN and his acting skills ARE unique. He should have won emmies and Oscars for some of his performances.

He is the best actor and the best-looking actor on the planet, IMHO!
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :oops: :oops: :oops: I think you understand me.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

How about Past the Bleachers? Any comments on that movie?
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

love that movie too. love his acting with kids and to see how he heals through out the movie😍
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yeah, I love his acting with kids too. He is so genuine with them.

And Past the Bleachers showed his own Baseball skills that he loves.

A great little movie.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

How about RDA's 2 MacGyver movies. Does anybody have a favorite between these 2?

Trail to Doomsday
Lost Treasure of Atlantis
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

I have been a fan since GH (didn’t watch it often-work- but had a few favs). Then Seven Brides and Emerald Point NAS. I was ready for Ordinary Heroes, having seen the original with John Garfield on late night movies. John Garfield was impressive, but RDA’s performance was right up there. I was a total fan after that, and saw his movies as they were broadcast - every single one. I can’t say which is my favorite, though. Ordinary Heroes made an impression, and so did Past the Bleachers. But, in the long run, all his movies did. I hated seeing him play a really bad guy, but he totally owned that - creeped me out. My all time favorite, though, would be Jack O’Neill. except when it’s MacGyver or Legend. ;-)
I think RDA is a lot more versatile than many think, and a better actor than he gives himself credit for. I would love to see him in something new!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GWhite wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm I have been a fan since GH (didn’t watch it often-work- but had a few favs). Then Seven Brides and Emerald Point NAS. I was ready for Ordinary Heroes, having seen the original with John Garfield on late night movies. John Garfield was impressive, but RDA’s performance was right up there. I was a total fan after that, and saw his movies as they were broadcast - every single one. I can’t say which is my favorite, though. Ordinary Heroes made an impression, and so did Past the Bleachers. But, in the long run, all his movies did. I hated seeing him play a really bad guy, but he totally owned that - creeped me out. My all time favorite, though, would be Jack O’Neill. except when it’s MacGyver or Legend. ;-)
I think RDA is a lot more versatile than many think, and a better actor than he gives himself credit for. I would love to see him in something new!
Thanks, GWhite, for your good comments.

My story is that I didn't even know about RDA being in anything but MacGyver until I found rdanderson.com and started learning about Stargate and then about all his other acting roles. I had not seen Stargate when it was actually on TV originally. (Life and work got in the way).

Now I have seen all his movies and his other roles and, yes, I agree, RDA is very versatile as an actor and is a much better actor than he gives himself credit for. He is sooo humble it is almost a fault because he would be excellent in a role today - and I am with you - I YEARN to see him in something new too! IMHO, he needs a good agent, then to lose about 25 pounds, then get his acting mojo going again. He has thousands of fans already in place around the world who would pay money to see him acting again - he just doesn't realize or acknowledge how wonderful he is as an actor or how popular he is. He would be magnificent!

I love him in all his movies too- especially In the Eyes of a Stranger - but I love him in all of them! Of course he is extraordinary as MacGyver - the series and the two movies. But my fav of all time is as Jack O'Neill in Stargate. It is a bit of a downer to me that more people were not able to see him in that 10 year series either because they shied away from science fiction (didn't give it a chance) or because they couldn't get the SciFi network once it was carried by that network. I have met several people in the chat room who don't understand how wonderful Stargate was and is! I know it is running now on the Comet TV network - they now have season 9 going. I won't watch it again until they rotate around and start with Season 1 again. The stupid "main" networks - ABC, NBC, CBS - should carry it. It would be a winner wherever it is shown.

And, RDA should have won Emmy's for his performances in both MacGyver and in Stargate. He is a better actor than the others who did get those awards during those years.

And IMHO, Richard Dean Anderson is THE BEST actor and THE BEST LOOKING actor on the planet!

Just my 2 cents.
B
bftlovesRDA

RDA's Movies-Have you watched it?

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I just watched Pandora's Clock here on Kate's website in the video gallery.

It is such a well done movie - RDA is spectacular as Captain James Holland.

And with COVID out there, it is relevant to our times too.

Well worth the time to watch it. :D ;) :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Anybody bored out there?

Watch (again) "In the Eyes of a Stranger" for a quick pick me up......and a look at a hot Jack Rourke! Excellent movie!

https://www.rdanderson.com/videos/pages ... ranger.htm
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Pandora’s Box. That one gave me chills. I watched it here last year (maybe the year before?). When I decided to look for a DVD or tape, I couldn’t find one. Haven’t looked lately. Need to do that again.