RDA's Movies-Have you watched it?

bftlovesRDA

Re: RDA's Movies-Have you watched it?

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jo 56 wrote:
Of course, I watched Firehouse ;)-sad because he died at the end just because this serie didn't find its audience and finished as a TV movie- I think, without being pretentious, that I've seen ALL movies/series with Richard not to mention the interviews :roll: I'm a huge fan and always looking for something about him. To me he is one of the BEST actors, so natural and so good in improvisation. Guess that Wylie inherited the same gift ;) And it's always a great pleasure to meet him for real :D And what about Today's FBI ;) ? And Emerald? He had so many various characters to play, I really miss seeing him again in something new.
I miss seeing him again in something new also, Jo. I think his acting skills are unmatched!

Do you have a favorite among all of RDA's acting roles?

I love Firehouse and wish so much the main character had not died....although he had to in order to make what became the movie....but wish so much they could have made it so he didn't die and they could have been allowed to continue the show as a series. I think it would have been a huge success!

I also wish so very much that MGM had been smart enough to sponsor another Stargate movie. I understand it would have been Jack-centric.....and, therefore, would have been a blockbuster! My heart really aches that this did not happen.
B
Jo56

Post by Jo56 »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:05 pm Jo 56 wrote:
Of course, I watched Firehouse ;)-sad because he died at the end just because this serie didn't find its audience and finished as a TV movie- I think, without being pretentious, that I've seen ALL movies/series with Richard not to mention the interviews :roll: I'm a huge fan and always looking for something about him. To me he is one of the BEST actors, so natural and so good in improvisation. Guess that Wylie inherited the same gift ;) And it's always a great pleasure to meet him for real :D And what about Today's FBI ;) ? And Emerald? He had so many various characters to play, I really miss seeing him again in something new.
I miss seeing him again in something new also, Jo. I think his acting skills are unmatched!

Do you have a favorite among all of RDA's acting roles?

I love Firehouse and wish so much the main character had not died....although he had to in order to make what became the movie....but wish so much they could have made it so he didn't die and they could have been allowed to continue the show as a series. I think it would have been a huge success!

I also wish so very much that MGM had been smart enough to sponsor another Stargate movie. I understand it would have been Jack-centric.....and, therefore, would have been a blockbuster! My heart really aches that this did not happen.
I love ALL his characters but my 2 favorite really are Jack Rourke and Ernie Pratt/Nicodemus Legend. This last one also ended too early because "too much dust" according to what Richard said...For crying out loud, dust in a desert, that's quite usual, isn't it,? :D Richard made me laugh too in Raising Hope;) Guess he didn't have to work so much this role of protective father :)
Life is too short not to have fun. My way of life! :D
Jo56
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jo wrote:
I love ALL his characters but my 2 favorite really are Jack Rourke and Ernie Pratt/Nicodemus Legend. This last one also ended too early because "too much dust" according to what Richard said...For crying out loud, dust in a desert, that's quite usual, isn't it,? :D Richard made me laugh too in Raising Hope;) Guess he didn't have to work so much this role of protective father
I love all his characters too., And I totally agree with you on Jack Rourke - being a favorite. I love the other Jack also - Stargate's Jack O'Neill. Probably those two are my most favorite of his roles. I will have to watch Raising Hope again - will agree with you on that too.

Bottom line - those fans who only know RDA as either MacGyver or just as Jack O'Neill simply need to explore all his other portrayals - they are missing out bigtime if they haven't watched his other performances. And the world misses his talents - which is a main reason I just yearn for him to be back acting again!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Anyone want to discuss Pandora's Clock? Another great RDA movie.
B
Jo56

Post by Jo56 »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:40 am Anyone want to discuss Pandora's Clock? Another great RDA movie.
It was an almost static role but what talent again! This two-part TV movie again showed another face of Richard, another fantastic interpretation of a man confronted with a deadly virus (topical, right ...) and I agree with you, those who have not seen other series or films than MacGyver or SG1 frankly lose a lot!
Did I say I am a huge fan??? :lol:
Life is too short not to have fun. My way of life! :D
Jo56
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jo56 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:40 am Anyone want to discuss Pandora's Clock? Another great RDA movie.
It was an almost static role but what talent again! This two-part TV movie again showed another face of Richard, another fantastic interpretation of a man confronted with a deadly virus (topical, right ...) and I agree with you, those who have not seen other series or films than MacGyver or SG1 frankly lose a lot!
Did I say I am a huge fan??? :lol:
Yep - agree about his role in Pandora's Clock - not as complex as some of his other movie roles...but just as good! By the way, I love him in his white Captain's shirt......just an aside.

I am so grateful for this website and for the video gallery that Kate has provided. I have been binge watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers from here on this website. Amazing how good he was at that young age.

My hope is that others who come here looking just for MacGyver stuff will check out the video gallery and will watch his other acting roles.....they won't be sorry!
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I really like ordinary heroes :oops:
There are rarely films that have touched me as much as this film.So much self-pity and helplessness on both sides :cry:
A awesome Love Story!!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello,
I don´t think I´ll reveal a secret, when I say that the man and his acting skills are unique.
I find it difficult to highlight one.
So just enjoy :D :D :D :D :D :D

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:27 pm I really like ordinary heroes :oops:
There are rarely films that have touched me as much as this film.So much self-pity and helplessness on both sides :cry:
A awesome Love Story!!

Yes, it is an AWESOME love story, JK. I love it too. So poignant. I think I will watch it again today! :D :D :D

A brilliant performance!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Monika wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 pm Hello,
I don´t think I´ll reveal a secret, when I say that the man and his acting skills are unique.
I find it difficult to highlight one.
So just enjoy :D :D :D :D :D :D

From Monika with love
:D :D :D You are so right, Monika - THE MAN and his acting skills ARE unique. He should have won emmies and Oscars for some of his performances.

He is the best actor and the best-looking actor on the planet, IMHO!
B