What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Jerseycoconut

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by Jerseycoconut »

LOST TREASURE OF ATLANTIS

It's a nice Sunday afternoon movie!

In this flick, I would like to stand by . . . to take MacGyver's hair, sweep it from his eyes, and glide it behind his ears! ;)

Finding treasure, going on escapades, finding trouble, and getting home, yep, another MacGyver TV movie adventure. :lol:

Finding the lost ancient treasure of Atlantis (which will bring enrichment to present day people), Mac goes on a search with friends throughout Europe.
As in life, it is not the destination, but the journey along the way that wisdom is acquired. Betrayal by one of Mac's old friends, and a promise of love is revealed. Forgiveness unite them as they are taken by force to continue the hunt to a volcano in Greece.
Finding the temple and putting all the clues together, reveal the long awaited treasure. Trunks of scrolls come to the surface of molten lava lake containing the wealth of this advanced society. Unfortunately, it is all lost as the abductor goes mad finding that the wealth is not gold or money, but paper. (This society who lived in peace, created democracy, abolished slavery and treated men and women equal, way before the rest of the world, will enlighten all with their advanced ways).

The venting volcano has trapped them. MacGyver and friends are saved from it by Mac rigging an escape.
He gets a kiss . . Ahhh... :D

Good movie! :D
Jerseycoconut
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Jerseycoconut, for your comments on the "Lost Treasure of Atlantis".

I found this movie on Youtube and watched it there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0e5IZUMSPg

I agree with you about RDA's hair in this one. Too long. :D :D :D

The only real comment I want to make is that the early scenes give me the creeps because I am clausterphobic and can't stand all the dirt or seeds or whatever it is that poured into the space for MacGyver and the Professor to be almost totally covered by them. They could hardly breathe. So I just hate that scene.

The rest of the movie is good, adventurous, and inventive.

Mac as usual comes through with a solution to the volcano danger.

I liked the movie but not as much as the other MacGyver movie. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

No more comments on Lost Treasure of Atlantis?
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Okay, let's discuss "MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday". you can watch it on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RebRn33JToM.

This is my favorite of the two MacGyver movies. Lots of intrigue and danger right from the very start.

Please discuss.

A few screenshots = but I would love for somebody to post some more = especially of certain scenes in this movie..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

B
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Trail to Doomsday

Love it when a movie opens in another country and of course, with my favorite, RDA, playing MacGyver. :D

Mac's in London in 1993 on invitation to an old ski buddy's birthday bash.
Before the event even begins, terrorist shoot up the party, kill his friend Paul, kidnap and murder his daughter, Elise, and wound his brother Fredrick. :o
Mac vows to stay and investigate this crime, separate from the local police.
Short work brings to light that a Russian communist organization is involved.
A former KGB agent, Natalia (friend of Fredrick), offers to help Mac infiltrate the group and start the trail.
A meeting to acquire information is set up and turns out to be a set up, but Mac finds a map and a clue, which lead him to the underground sewers.
This is a set up also, :shock: and after being poisoned by gas in the sewer, he wakes up stripped down in bed with Natalia. She is smiling gleefully saying, "you were sick with fever". :roll:
Natalia makes herself indispensable to Mac. With more research and investigation, with more twists and turns to the trail, somehow Mac is set up again with a close call using a car bomb.
Another ally, Graves is killed, Mac is suspect and escapes police by running thru the London subway.
MacGyver suspects Natalia is the one setting him up. She convinces him thru extravagant talking, "It could be. . . . he has the connections. . ." :roll:
They plan to meet later that night where she is gunned down, Mac again escapes thru the sewers.
[Finally, a bike ride through the English countryside.] Mac hitches a ride cleverly evading police to get to Carcroft Castle where all the answers fall into place:
* Elise is alive. :) Held captive and tortured for information about her father's work.
* Fredrick is a communist conspirator and responsible for his brother Paul's death. :(
* The castle has been turned into a state of the art nuclear facility fully operational and set to blow up. :shock:
* Natalia is alive. :twisted: Mac's comment, "Ex KGB my butt". He races to disarm the bomb and evades getting killed by Natalia. He punches her square in the face, [just what I would have done] ;) disarms the bomb, and leaves the world free (at least for now) from another nuclear doomsday. :D

Dislikes: Clothing style with padded shoulders. Walking thru mucky sewer water in socks. Rats. Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to strip the unconscious injured of their clothes, cuddle in bed with them and not take them to doctor or hospital. :roll: Anyone who take the freedom & peace of another thru violence.
Likes: Images of London and the English countryside. Mac's expressions in the sewer. Mac in long sleeved blue tee. Twists and turns of the script. Peace! :D

Jerseycoconut :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GREAT synopsis Jerseycoconut! Thank you.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Any more discussion on either of the two MacGyver movies?
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

I haven't seen the movies in a while, I will need to watch them again before commenting.
I'll try to watch them this week and put my comments here as soon as possible ;)
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Alright here I am! Ready to comment on the 2 MacGyver movies 8-)
:!: Warning, long post ahead, sorry :oops:

First of all, I wasn't around at the time, but it must have been really exciting for MacGyver fans to see their hero back in action 2 years after the end of the show :)

LOST TREASURE OF ATLANTIS

I really like this movie, it has nice music and I really like the theme song in this one.
I like treasure hunt movies where there are riddles to solve to get to the next step, and at the end discover a treasure.

I also deeply appreciated the nature of the treasure: it's not gold, gems or whatever that can be financially attractive, it's something of a much more important value: knowledge.
I really want to believe that there are ancient civilisations that were way more advanced than we are today (advanced ancients.. that reminds me of something.. :lol: ), and who knew things we are not even capable of imagining now. We just need to find them and learn from them ;)
There's something with alignments that you can find in many ancient cultures, there must be a reason..

Speaking of alignment, the solar system planets getting in line to reveal the treasure was a great find, I just wish we could actually see the planets like we see them with that visual effect :lol:

The movie has humor too. My favorite line is at the beginning, when Mac and Professor Atticus are locked up by the military men
Atticus "You were the only person that I could turn to"
Mac "Story of my life.." :lol:
Nice stunt and great balance ;)

One question remains to me: when did Mac find time to study archeology in England?? :?

To finish with Atlantis, I like the story, I like Mac's looks :roll: and his hair in that one looks great, it kinda looks like mine at the moment :lol:
way less messy than in Doomsday..
Image Love that one :P
Image And he's so cute in that scene :roll:

TRAIL TO DOOMSDAY

I like that one less for some reason..
It seems like it has less MacGyverisms and it looks more like a regular movie about a murder being solved..
Of course it has more action and that is great.
But Mac suffers a lot in this movie, and I don't like seeing him suffer :cry: That's why I don't like the sewers scenes
And there's a strange way of showing his thoughts in the movie, like hallucinations on supperposed images, I'm not a big fan..

But overall it's not all bad, far from that!

His good looks are still there... ;)

Action and stunts

He must have had a blast driving that one :)

A beautiful english castle

And.... of course... that scene... :oops: :D
ImageImage
I think that's the scene you meant B. ;)

So to conclude.. these are 2 movies that are always great to watch, the pictures speak for themselves :P
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GREAT comments, Juliette = and totally awesome screenshots. And, yes, those were the photos I was hoping someone would post.... :oops: :oops:

Thanks so much for all!

Isn't it funny how we see things differently sometimes....I liked Trail to Doomsday better than Lost Treasure of Atlantis.....but that's just the way we are....different in our perspectives....but we still agree that both movies are good and that, yes, it was great to see these movies after MacGyver went off the air.
B