What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Juliette

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by Juliette »

I just watched Continuum again to celebrate its 10th anniversary! It was indeed released on July 29th 2008 :)

I absolutely love this movie: time-travel and alternate realities, my favorites :D
The way people disappear when the timeline is altered is simply stunning, the visual effects guys did a wonderful job on that
The sets and shots are beautiful too, like the sequence-shot of the SGC, the frozen ship and of course the sumptuous scenery of the Arctic circle, to name a few

I really like the little sparkling music at the very beginning, before the SG theme song. It's only a small detail but it makes me think about the little sound in Back To The Future, for those who know it well.
https://youtu.be/nhy3qfcRQCs First seconds of it ;)

The saddest moment, you all mentionned it... Yes, it did traumatize us... Jack getting stabbed and dying IS definitely unbearable to watch :cry:
I think we don't see Jack enough in the movie for my taste, but at least he's in it ;)

The story is just wonderful and very structured, alternate-Daniel's face on the back of his book is just hilarious :lol:

We get a few funny lines from Jack, my favorite is "Never in the history of boredom has anyone been more bored than I am right now" :lol:
And when he mentions the difficulty of finding a bathroom in a pyramid :lol:

Sam's heroism and team spirit is again highlighted, when she doesn't want to leave injured Jack behind ("Not without you" she says, just like he did in Upgrades when she was stuck by the shield), and also when we learn how and why she died in the alternate reality: because she didn't want to leave her space shuttle and sacrificed herself so that the other astronauts could save themselves

A really great conclusion to more than 10 years of show :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks Juliette for the comments about Continuum and for the screenshots!

Didn't know it's been 10 years since Continuum was produced.

Thanks again.
B
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Juliette wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 pm I just watched Continuum again to celebrate its 10th anniversary! It was indeed released on July 29th 2008 :)

Ten years!! How time jumps! :lol: :lol:
Loved learning that info. Thanks!

Jerseycoconut :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I don't know of any more of RDA's movies to review.

I think we have discussed them all.

:( :( :(
B
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

Well, he has a small part, but has anyone else seen Odd Jobs? (Currently on HBO). He has the WEIRDEST accent as the character Spud lol. I think they had to make him ridiculous so you wouldn't like him too much? It's just so weird though!

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

zoeryan wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 am Well, he has a small part, but has anyone else seen Odd Jobs?
That video, (along with many others, including Young Doctors in Love), will soon be appearing in the Video Gallery once I finish this next update in a couple days.

Kate
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

That's awesome - thanks so much for all the compiling work you do!