Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

banlu

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Post by banlu »

GetTV here in the US is showing 4 episodes tonight!

Here's the link for the channel's website.

http://www.get.tv/programs/seven-brides-seven-brothers

Click on "Get the Channel" at the top and put in your zip to find out if you get it

banlu
banlu

Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Post by banlu »

Just saw that GetTV will be showing Seven Brides on Sunday mornings from 10:45 am to 12 pm.

That's Eastern time, so westcoasters would be seeing it at 7:45 am.

Odd time I know.

banlu
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

banlu wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 pm GetTV here in the US is showing 4 episodes tonight!

Here's the link for the channel's website.

http://www.get.tv/programs/seven-brides-seven-brothers

Click on "Get the Channel" at the top and put in your zip to find out if you get it

banlu
I already know I don't. Anyway my friend who worked in this profession told me it was a musical. I only like musicals when I can go to the theatre to watch them. They seem better IMO when you're in-person to watch a musical. I even liked Amadeus better as a play, which is how I watched it, than the movie.
I stopped watching Little Shop Of Horrors, the 1986 version, because it was a musical. I liked the the 1940's version that was in b&w, which at the end was true horror.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

EMPT513

Yes, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was a musical released in 1954. However, I believe Banlu was referring to the TV version RDA starred in (1982-1983). There are some songs in it, but I don't know if I'd classify it as a full blown musical. You can watch it via this website. You'll find it in the Video Gallery/Series section if you're interested.

Pam
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

https://youtu.be/0hThpG4EYDg

I've just found this on youtube . Was he singing ? Or was it someone else?
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm https://youtu.be/0hThpG4EYDg

I've just found this on youtube . Was he singing ? Or was it someone else?
It was RDA singing. All of the cast sang.
Beth
Lillydivine

Post by Lillydivine »

I just binged watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on this website. I'm in love with this show! It's so the kind of thing I watch! Anyone else love it?
If they breathe, they live.
If they live, they feel.
If they feel, they love.
If they love, they are aware.
If they are aware, they have a soul.

Thank you Irina!
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

Lillydivine wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm I just binged watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on this website. I'm in love with this show! It's so the kind of thing I watch! Anyone else love it?
I've been watching this lately for the first time - so awesome they are here on the website! The show can be a little hokey, but I actually really like it. (I also was once in a production of 7 brides for 7 brothers so I know the premise really well, but after episode one it deviates a lot!) I particularly like RDA in this, great acting. A lot of dramatic scenes - and I think he does really well with this ensemble. And he's adorable. 8-)
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Lillydivine wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm I just binged watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on this website. I'm in love with this show! It's so the kind of thing I watch! Anyone else love it?
Hey,

In this moment I watch "Seven B..." and I find it so cute. This history of 7 brothers, the good and the bad which could arrive in the life, the small one to be protected, the big one, i mean the oldier (Mister Anderson) who is become the family chief, and sometimes the others call him "dad".

Just dammage that the video are bad quality.
But the show itself... I like it !!
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

still on watching it. i love it so much and for me it is a treat after studying. compare to the movies from today, not much violence in it and for me it is hardly a musical. 1 song in 48 min make it not a musical in my eyes. and young Rick is ever so sweet... so it is definitely worth it to watch :P :P :P
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA