Eyes of a Killer

bftlovesRDA

Re: Eyes of a Killer

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Totally agree with you both, CMac and Caty. RDA's expressions are just so perfect for each scene. He is so very talented and skilled to be able to do that in everything he has performed in. But especially in this movie....his expressions are priceless and so well done.
B
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

I love "him" in this movie, too, but I have some little problem with one part of the character:
In my opinion he does great in acting like this psychopath, and I can ignore that his hands don't look like a daily carpenter (they could really have created some scratches or hard skin!). Seems as they wanted to show their actor just handsome, in any role... ;)

What I cannot buy is that this guy should feel really bothered or hurt when somebody says he is "not smart enough". Because he IS smart, and he knows. I think this is obviously when you see his face, including the correspondent self-consciousness.
Anybody shares that doubt?

If not, I am happy for you: the more you can enjoy!
P
CMac

Post by CMac »

I think he knows exactly what he's doing in that scene (the character, I mean). He's trying to come across as hurt and self-conscious to appeal to her compassion and manipulate her into staying in the relationship.

Other than that, you're right about the hands--although I wasn't paying much attention to that part of his body. :oops:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Grimey wrote:I love "him" in this movie, too, but I have some little problem with one part of the character:
In my opinion he does great in acting like this psychopath, and I can ignore that his hands don't look like a daily carpenter (they could really have created some scratches or hard skin!). Seems as they wanted to show their actor just handsome, in any role... ;)

What I cannot buy is that this guy should feel really bothered or hurt when somebody says he is "not smart enough". Because he IS smart, and he knows. I think this is obviously when you see his face, including the correspondent self-consciousness.
Anybody shares that doubt?

If not, I am happy for you: the more you can enjoy!
I agree with CMac....though it is an interesting observation you have, Grimey.
CMac wrote:I think he knows exactly what he's doing in that scene (the character, I mean). He's trying to come across as hurt and self-conscious to appeal to her compassion and manipulate her into staying in the relationship.

Other than that, you're right about the hands--although I wasn't paying much attention to that part of his body.
Exactly! :oops: :oops: :oops:
B
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Sorry, I looked up again the word I mean in the dictionary. I think, it is more "self-condicted" than "self-conscious".
Interesting thought:
Ray feels (and looks) self-condicted in the whole movie, but he tries to seem hurt at least in this one situation just to attract Laurie...?
Why not? I am not so sure about psychopaths - but I don't miss that experience!
P
CMac

Post by CMac »

I've been reading a lot of psychology lately, and that is exactly what a psychopath does--play with your emotions, because they have none. Actually, it is more like they do not have a concept of empathy, but they know how to manipulate the empathy of others. It's a game to them.
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
CMac wrote:I think he knows exactly what he's doing in that scene (the character, I mean). He's trying to come across as hurt and self-conscious to appeal to her compassion and manipulate her into staying in the relationship.

Other than that, you're right about the hands--although I wasn't paying much attention to that part of his body.
I have no clue what you are talking about. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Caty wrote:
bftlovesRDA wrote:

I have no clue what you are talking about. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Here is a youtube video,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNLDgdMf0RY.
i thought i would share, just in case someone might not have seen it yet.. :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Cindy61 wrote:Here is a youtube video,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNLDgdMf0RY.
i thought i would share, just in case someone might not have seen it yet.. :)
Thanks, Cindy - I had seen that video but it's always good to see these again.

I noticed a ring on RDA's thumb - had not seen that before.

I watched this movie again last night (on you tube).....and it never fails to spook me out....but also to admire him for his acting job and for his physique! :oops: :oops: :oops:
B