The order of your favorite RDA movies

EMTP513

Re: The order of your favorite RDA movies

Post by EMTP513 »

Well...I watched an hour of 'Ordinary Heroes' with my special friend, Richard, of course. Unfortunately I found it too difficult to finish watching the movie in one sitting. Richard thinks the director is what made it that way. I don't know anything about directing. I remember when they used to give Oscars for Best Director and I'd be sitting there wondering to myself 'How do you know if a movie has good or bad directing?' I didn't know a Director of Photography then. I haven't watched Oscars since the 80's except for this year when I was largely ignoring it but Richard was watching. He sent out a tweet calling it #terribledirecting. It made me LMAO. He likes Shane Hurlbut, I bet Richard Dean Anderson has heard of Shane Hurlbut because Shane's a member of the Academy. I never heard of him until this guy talked about him being his favorite cinematographer.
Richard thought the acting was all right in 'Ordinary Heroes,' it's the directing he had a problem with. He works more closely with directors than any other person on a film. The last movie I saw him do the director called him a "connoisseur of light" and blew him off. He also does camera work but never mind. It's not as easy to work with directors as people might think it is, at least not the ones Richard has worked with. I saw him doing his job a few times and every time I was glad I'm a paramedic.
I don't know if I can finish watching the movie. I don't especially like Valerie Bertinelli, especially not in this movie.
Having been born with blindness myself, I have a major problem with the attitude of thinking someone who's blind is only ever going to be a burden to you, but that's just me. Three operations made it possible for me to see but I might as well still be blind in some ways. I can't pass the vision test at a Driver's place. I can see the lights flashing on the sides so they passed me but it's not a great idea to drive except if I absolutely have to do it; which these days is never because Richard does all the driving. He has eyes like a hawk (and reflexes like Mohammed Ali), that's why they wanted him as an Army Ranger. But he can see differences in color that I never saw in my life. Even when he showed them to me I couldn't see them. His sight is 20/15 which doesn't make any sense to me; mines 20/200 in one eye and 20/80 in the other.
I'm going to have to watch another movie of his because I didn't like this one as much as say MacGyver. Richard, my daughter's godfather, watched some of those episodes with me too. He liked the ones he saw. He liked the realism of the one where the character "does a proper fast-roping technique." Even if it was a stunt person doing the actual technique, it's still MacGyver doing it. The character is still him.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

Well...I have a list now but it's only 3 movies/shows long.
1. MacGyver
2. The Birthday Party
3. Ordinary Heroes.
I like all three in that order. I don't really dislike any, I just had to put them in an order. I might be wrong but so far I think the character he felt most comfortable with was MacGyver.
I took drama from 4-12 grade and I know people who work in television and film. That's how I come by my statement, but of course I've never watched Legend or Stargate SG-1 so I could be wrong in my guess. But of the three productions I listed, I think he felt most comfortable playing MacGyver.

PS-The first character I played was Laura in Rumplestiltskin. :)
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

Cindy61 wrote:
ebineez01 wrote:I've actually never made it all the way through Ordinary Heroes - too sad maybe. But it was the first of RDA's movies I watched and I was pretty much mainly into Jack O'Neill at the time - so I think I'll have to go back and try again. Actually I've never made it all the way through Pandora's Clock either - I will have to use my own link and try that one again too.
I love Mac and Jack so much that when I have time to watch I tend to gravitate towards those instead :)
i agree, it is really sad. but i think he was really great at playing the character of Tony Kaiser. :) actually, my all time favorite TV series is Macgyver and my second favorite being O'Neill.(can't forget the two L's!!) :lol: :lol: but, i wasn't sure if i should have said it, because of the topic.. :? Oh, and thanks so much for the links!! ;) :D i've been looking for those forever. :roll:
It's happy at the end, if you're the kind of person who can think a blind person can actually be happy - and I am, bc I was born blind and regained limited sight through 3 operations. But before that happened I was happy sometimes regardless of being blind; I was never light/dark blind anyway, I could see light and dark and not much else.
My favorite line in the movie was "I don't pity you Tony, I love you."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

It's been a long time since this thread has been visited and we have a lot of new members.

Thought it maybe would be neat if people posted their favorite movies by RDA again or for the first time.

Some of our new members may not know about his movies.....if so, it would be nice to let them know about them.

The most recent movie of his that I watched - online = was Pandora's Clock. Love him in the Captain's uniform and thought he did a great job in that movie.
B
Irina

Post by Irina »

Thank you, B! I'm glad to join the topic. :)
In fact, I did not watch many films with Richard ... :( Probably, the reason is that most of them were not broadcast in our country. (except the "Stargate"). It's I saw first. Then I started looking for other films with RDA participation. So, they were: "Through The Eyes Of A Killer", "Firehouse", "MacGyver".
All these films were in English. Except for "MacGyver". I was finded it in my native language. But there are not several episodes ... :(
That's all for now. But I want to see the other films with him (which I'll find sometime) :D
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Irina - glad you found this topic and posted to it.

I'm like you in that I had not found any of RDA's movies except for the MacGyver movies until I came to this website.

Now I have seen all of them.....and every single one of them is excellent!

You can watch several of these movies here through this website: Ordinary Heroes; Beyond Betrayal; Past the Bleachers; and FireHouse.

I also have found them on youtube = and a couple of them you can order from Amazon but I doubt they will be in your native language.

Again, I like them all. My top four are:

1. In the Eyes of a stranger
2. Pandora's Clock
3. Through the eyes of a killer
4. Firehouse

plus the MacGyver movies and Continuum
B
Irina

Post by Irina »

Oh, thank you, B! ;) :) I can watch the movie also in English! :)
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Great ( that you can see the movies in English).

This thread has made me want to watch an RDA movie = so I am watching Firehouse. It's short but good. I didn't realize til now that RDA and Michael Greenburg were executive producers of Firehouse. Only problem with this movie is the ending.,.....(won't say how it ends = don't want to be a spoiler).

I hope others will watch it.
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

my favourite movies of him in order somehow

1. through the eyes of a stranger
2. passed the bleachers
3. Pandoras clock
4. ordinary heroes
5. firehouse
6. trail to doomsday
7. lost treasure of Atlantis

never watched beyond betrayal or trough the eyes of a killer for the simplest reason. he plays a bad guy and i don't like it. :roll:
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I like your list.

Have you had the nerve to watch "Through the Eyes of a Killer"?

It is a very scary movie. RDA does a great job as a bad guy. But it's hard to watch.
B