The order of your favorite RDA movies

ebineez01

Re: The order of your favorite RDA movies

Post by ebineez01 »

And Odd Jobs
I've only just found this myself so not sure of quality or if it'll work for other countries - hope it's good and hope it does.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIHM06cpeto
Ebi
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

ebineez01 wrote:I've actually never made it all the way through Ordinary Heroes - too sad maybe. But it was the first of RDA's movies I watched and I was pretty much mainly into Jack O'Neill at the time - so I think I'll have to go back and try again. Actually I've never made it all the way through Pandora's Clock either - I will have to use my own link and try that one again too.
I love Mac and Jack so much that when I have time to watch I tend to gravitate towards those instead :)
i agree, it is really sad. but i think he was really great at playing the character of Tony Kaiser. :) actually, my all time favorite TV series is Macgyver and my second favorite being O'Neill.(can't forget the two L's!!) :lol: :lol: but, i wasn't sure if i should have said it, because of the topic.. :? Oh, and thanks so much for the links!! ;) :D i've been looking for those forever. :roll:
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Am watching the macgyver tv movies....first time. Those years he was my sister's age. Fun movies!! And i would not have found them without Kate's forum links. Thank you. He would have been better than harrison ford in the raiders movie. Oh my he is doing a leaning back in the chair stunt....himself. and some guy hit him in the back and darn that looked real. Am getting too old for action movies! I just looked at my asleep 90 plus plus yr old mom and she is watching the movie! Really concentrating. She likes non-cgi real stuff like tv back then. Thanks again, Kate! Golly what a handsome young man he was then (still shines thru currently when he smiles doesnt it), and his daughter has same charismatic face.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi everybody!
I'm new here.

I 'm a great fan of Richard Dean Anderson for many many years now...so here ist my favourite movie list:

1. In the Eyes of a stranger
2. Pandora's Clock
3. Through the eyes of a killer
4. MacGyver: Trail to doomsday
5. MacGyver: Treasure of Atlantis
6. Ordinary Heroes
7. Beyond Betrayal
8. Firehouse

Greetings to all of you....

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Welcome Anja!!!! Enjoy its fantastic around here!! Be welcome in our family
Lots of love,

Lies

ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

As Lies says - welcome Anja :D
All great movies.
I did notice there was one missing from your list though Past the Bleachers.
Maybe one you haven't seen yet? A bit of a sad one, but as always a part he plays very well :)
Ebi
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

NiLa wrote:Hi everybody!
I'm new here.

I 'm a great fan of Richard Dean Anderson for many many years now...so here ist my favourite movie list:

1. In the Eyes of a stranger
2. Pandora's Clock
3. Through the eyes of a killer
4. MacGyver: Trail to doomsday
5. MacGyver: Treasure of Atlantis
6. Ordinary Heroes
7. Beyond Betrayal
8. Firehouse

Greetings to all of you....

Anja ;)
Hi there, Anja/NiLA. (we have another Anja here so that's why I am using both of your names).

WELCOME to the rdanderson forum and website.

I love your list of RDA movies and am glad you have found them to be great also. He is such a wonderful ACTOR - he is just superb in all his movies.....but I like the order of liking that you have for the movies.

Well, hope to see you posting a lot in the forum. Your comments and thoughts will be very welcome. Glad you have found the place to be on the internet if you love and admire Richard Dean Anderson!
B
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

ebineez01 wrote:As Lies says - welcome Anja :D
All great movies.
I did notice there was one missing from your list though Past the Bleachers.
Maybe one you haven't seen yet? A bit of a sad one, but as always a part he plays very well :)
Hi Ebi and Lies,

thank you for your warm welcome.

So uuups...just forgot to mention Past the Bleachers. I have seen and liked RDAs performance very much. Of course, it's not a popcorn movie, but that shows, what a good actor he is. He can play anything I think....action, comedy, nasty, sad.....doesn't matter...I like it all.

Will be the very same for you, isn't it?

These days I am watching Stargate over and over again, I adore the sense of humor there. It's absolutely great!

Anja
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

As you say Anja - I love all the roles he plays too :)
Of his movies, I think my favourites at the moment are the ones where he plays the bad guys - Ray in 'Through the Eyes of a Killer' and Bradley in 'Beyond Betrayal'.
Not exactly sure why - maybe because they are so different to pretty much all his other characters.
I'm also watching SG-1 at the moment - picking fav episodes. Last night I watched Evolution parts 1 & 2 where they first discover Anubis' super soldier. And Point of View where Doctor Carter and Major Kawalski come through the quantum mirror.
All great ep's :D
Ebi
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:I love all of RDA's work in Mac and SG1..and I like his work in the movies too :)
I like all his movies..but if I had to pick a favorite, the order would go like this....

Through The Eyes Of A Killer
In The Eyes Of A Stranger
Ordinary Heroes
Past The Bleachers
Odd Jobs
Firehouse
Pandora's Clock
Beyond Betrayal

I don't think I'm leaving any of his movies out...am I? If I am, just mention what I'm missing and I'll add it to my list ;)

Anyway, Killer is my favorite. I like the suspense of the movie, and the ending surprised me. I thought it was a very well made and well acted.

Beyond Betrayal is my least favorite because I really didn't like RDA's character in that movie. He was too...mean.... for me in that movie. It was still a well done movie though, its just not my favorite.

What is your favorite RDA movie? 8-)
Firehouse? What was that about? I work as a Paramedic/firefighter. I've only ever seen him in one movie. I've never seen any ads for any of the others. I wish people in Hollywood who always make 100's times more than I do would at least try to get the details of our work more right than wrong but I can make no comment about Firehouse because other than a magazine of the same name, written by a 35-yr firefighter, I never heard of it. So far the only movie I've seen that came closest to representing our work is Backdraft, the one Ron Howard directed. I'm into documentaries more than fiction these days. My daughter's godfather, whose name is the same as RDA (except his middle name is Aaron), does documentary films but he's part of the camera crew. The Director of Photography and Camera Operator. He's never been the Actor always part of the crew.