07.15 Episode 147
Airdate: January 30, 2004
Carter is enjoying a blossoming romance with Pete Shanahan, a cop from Denver. There have been several dates, and from the playful flirting it's clear that the attraction is very mutual. In fact, everything about the relationship seems right until the subject of Carter's work with "deep space telemetry" comes up. Pete knows a covert operation when he hears one, but the obstacle of security clearance is one Carter finds difficult to overcome. Meanwhile, Daniel is having relationship problems of his own. His dreams are filled with images of Sarah Gardner, images that alter the past and make no sense.
Before Sarah was taken as a host by Osiris, she and Daniel had shared a relationship that ended when work became his priority. Yet in Daniel's dreams, Sarah shares his passion, urging him to translate the Ancient texts. His restless sleep has left him exhausted, but slowly he and his teammates come to realize that more is at stake than lost sleep. Osiris has been visiting Daniel at night, probing his subconscious mind for a key to the Lost City. SG-1 devises a plan to jam her beaming technology and capture her, but only after she has succeeded in uncovering the subconscious memories from Daniel's mind.
Pete has pursued SG-1 to the stakeout of Daniel's house, and he observes as Osiris reappears. But the memories she seeks are not in Daniel's mind, and O'Neill and Teal'c move in as she draws her ribbon device. A firefight erupts in the quiet suburban neighborhood. Osiris is safely tranquilized and captured, but Pete is badly wounded. At the SGC, the symbiote of Osiris has been removed, and Sarah shares a tender reunion with Daniel. Pete, too, is recovering, and Carter, having been granted special security clearance, reveals the truth behind "deep space telemetry", and shares with him the classified details of the SGC.
Story by: Robert C. Cooper
Teleplay by: Damian Kindler
Directed by: William Waring
Guest Starring: Anna-Louise Plowman as Osiris/Sarah Gardner, David DeLuise as Pete Shanahan, Paul Jarrett as Special Agent Dave Farrity
Asgard Transport Beam,
Harry and Marg,
Memory Recall Device,
- Sarah mentions doing her doctoral thesis at Cambridge before coming to Chicago, where she met Daniel. She was in love with him, but his obsession with his research destroyed their relationship, and she finally broke it off with him when he worked through their anniversary.
- Pete Shanahan is a friend of Carterís brother, Mark, who introduced them. He is a cop from Denver, a career he chose because he admired a particular cop who had taken an interest in him as a young man and who made a difference in his life. He is divorced.
- Osiris may have used the modified memory recall device on Daniel rather than Anubisís mind probe because the way in which Oma erased Danielís memories of his ascension might have made it impossible for the mind probe to access the subconscious.
- Osiris has access to the Asgard beaming technology because Anubis once probed Thorís mind.
- The jamming device jams the frequencies the Goaíuld use for communication and for the remote control of devices like the ring transporter. It disabled the Asgard beaming technology because it had been interfaced with a Goaíuld command device.
- The SGC is classified under Section 11-C-9 of the National Security Act, and it continues to use deep-space telemetry for NORAD as its cover story.
- Daniel is able to read Ancient.
- Carter drives a silver Volvo four-door sedan, license plate: Colorado QTL3016.
- Danielís house number is 4075.
- Carterís house number is 1025.
- Well, then, I feel compelled to warn you... Most of the guys Iíve dated recently have died. [Carter]
- Weíll order room service, open a box of wine, something with a duck on the front. [Pete]
- And yet, it isÖ hum-worthy. [OíNeill]
- Just because there were no guns, or car chases... [Carter]
Or nudity... [Pete]
Yeah, well, your chances of that are slim to none now, buddy. [Carter]
- So basically Iím destined never to get a good nightís sleep again? [Daniel]
Knowing your past experiences, Daniel Jackson, I do not know how you have slept well before now. [Tealíc]
Thanks you, Tealíc. This conversation has been disturbing on many levels. [Daniel]
- Up enough? [Carter]
- Tealícís picking out his doughnuts. He loves a good stakeout. [OíNeill]
- Daniel, are you sleeping yet? [OíNeill]
Yes, Jack, Iím fast asleep. [Daniel]
- I knew it! This is way better than a box of wine with a duck on the front. [Pete]
- O'Neill: thrown against a wall and stunned by a ribbon device
- Daniel: tortured by a ribbon device
- Popular Culture References:
- Carter hums the Stargate theme
- Additional acknowledgements: Singin' in the Rain, The French Connection, Dirty Harry, Serpico, Adam-12, Starsky and Hutch, Barney Miller