05.01 Episode 89
Airdate: June 29, 2001
The mothership carrying SG-1 and Jacob has been badly damaged. Their attempt to create a supernova succeeded in destroying Apophis's fleet, however his mothership has survived, Teal'c may be captured or dead aboard it, and the blast wave has left both ships stranded in space four million light years from home. As Apophis prepares to destroy his enemy, an unidentified alien ship approaches and engages Apophis in battle, allowing SG-1 the chance to seek cover. After affecting repairs to their shields, SG-1 reemerges to discover that only Apophis's ship remains, and there are no life signs aboard.
SG-1 transports aboard Apophis's deserted ship, only to discover that the mothership is teeming with Replicators, and the self-destruct sequence has been activated. They are barely able to seize the hyperdrive crystals and escape before the ship's destruction. When a cargo ship appears, a message is received from Teal'c, who reports that he was revived in the sarcophagus, and has escaped. The cargo ship is brought aboard, but Teal'c is not alone. Apophis and his Jaffa are aboard, and Teal'c's exposure in the sarcophagus has returned him to the belief that he is once again Apophis's loyal First Prime.
SG-1 become prisoners of Apophis as he plots a course to his new homeworld of Delmak. However, he has unwittingly brought Replicators aboard, and before long the mothership has become infested, and the Replicators have taken control. Now capable of traveling 800 times maximum speed, the ship is rapidly approaching our galaxy. SG-1's only hope is to destroy the sub-light engines, forcing an uncontrolled reentry, and to make their escape in the cargo ship. As the mothership crashes into Delmak, Apophis and the Replicators are presumed destroyed, and SG-1 returns home with Teal'c, now a prisoner, and still loyal to Apophis.
Story by: Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie
Teleplay by: Robert C. Cooper
Directed by: Martin Wood
Guest Starring: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob/Selmak, Peter Williams as Apophis, Jennifer Calvert as Councilwoman Ren'al, Gary Jones as Technician, Thomas Milburn Jr. as Jaffa, Dean Moen as Jaffa
- The blast wave of the supernova sent both ships to an uncharted region of the universe, in a solar system centered around a blue giant. The shields of SG-1's ship were damaged and the hyperdrive control crystals were destroyed, with no backups available on board.
- A single one-man pod was launched from Apophis's mothership several minutes prior to the supernova, and was tracked into Goa'uld occupied territory.
- The Tok'ra are officially considering Selmak a fallen war hero.
- Once Replicators reach a critical number, they look for new sources of technology to consume. They are capable of doing almost anything to achieve their goals, and were able to modify the ship's engines to travel as much as 800 times its previous maximum hyperdrive speed.
- By destroying the control crystals for the sublight engines, SG-1 prevented deceleration after exiting hyperdrive, resulting in an uncontrolled re-entry, crashing the ship into Delmak, Sokar's former home world and Apophis' new base. Apophis and the Replicators are presumed destroyed.
- SG-1's actions will throw the Goa'uld into chaos. The resultant void in dominant power will have the remaining System Lords fighting each other for years to come.
- Kree, Lord Apophis. I am Selmak of the Tok'ra, commander of this ship. [Selmak]
You want to bicker about rank now? [Jacob]
- Uh, wait a second. I don't know if you've checked your dashboard here, but we're both way off course. [Daniel]
- I'm enjoying their style. Shoot first, send flowers later. It works. [O'Neill]
- You'll forgive me for holding out hope a little longer. SG-1 has a surprisingly good habit of beating the odds. [Hammond]
- He still got his fanny whooped. [O'Neill]
- You know how to have a good time, don't you? [O'Neill]
Having a good time now, Sir. [Carter]
You go, girl. [O'Neill]
- I distinctly remember someone saying, "We're not going to make it." I think we made it. [O'Neill]
I'm sorry. I overreacted. At the time, it looked very much like we weren't going to make it. [Jacob]
Yes, well, maybe next time, you'll just wait and see. [O'Neill]
And blow the last chance I might ever have to be right? [Jacob]
Welcome to my life. [Carter]
- Uh, engine room, this is peltac. Engine room, come in immediately. [Daniel]
I think we've left him in charge once too often. [Jacob]
- I was starting to worry that you weren't going to make it. [Daniel]
I didn't say it, though. [Jacob]
- You've got a better idea, Mr. Positive? [Jacob]
- Are we going to make it? [Carter]
I don't want to say. [Jacob]
- Kids: 1
- Teal'c saved by his symbiote: helped prevent fatality of gunshot wound
- Teal'c: restored from death in the sarcophagus, brainwashed, gunshot wound to the chest