FOREVER IN A DAY
03.10 Episode 54
Airdate: October 8, 1999
Daniel finds his wife, Sha're, but when he comes near, her Goa'uld symbiote, Amaunet, holds him in the grip of a ribbon device, just as Teal'c approaches. Daniel awakens to learn that Sha're is dead, and in his grief, he withdraws from his friends and resigns from the SGC. But in vivid dreams Sha're urges Daniel to seek the Harsesis, the child she bore on Abydos. As her plea finally becomes clear, the visions cease, and Teal'c fires his staff weapon, killing Sha're. For only moments have elapsed as Sha're's message reached Daniel through the ribbon device before her death.
Written by: Jonathan Glassner
Directed by: Peter DeLuise
Guest Starring: Erick Avari as Kasuf, Vaitiare Bandera as Sha're/Amaunet, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Jason Schombing as Robert Rothman
- It is forbidden, punishable by death, for two Goa'uld hosts to have a human child. Such a child is Harsesis, and contains all the knowledge of the Goa'uld, because the genetic memory in the Goa'uld DNA is passed on to the human offspring. Harsesis are hunted down and destroyed by the Goa'uld.
- Amaunet wanted to protect her child by Apophis from Heru'ur and the System Lords. Under the protection of Horus guards, she had come to Abydos to steal the child from Kasuf, and sent him into hiding with her closest aide, on Kheb. Kheb is the mythical place where Osiris hid from Set.
- The ribbon device uses a modified version of the power source for a staff weapon, and channels energy through amplification crystals, using thought control amplified with emotion. It may be able to transfer thoughts as well as to kill.
- Robert Rothman used to be Daniel's research assistant when he was doing his dissertation.
- Daniel's birthday is July 8th.
- Geek. [O'Neill]
Yes, you used to call me that. [Daniel]
I was talking about you. [O'Neill]
- Now see, I miss that. I have no idea what he means, but I buy it. [O'Neill]
- So, Bruce Jenner, sit this one out, huh? [O'Neill]
- Daniel: injured by the Goa'uld ribbon device