02.09 Episode 31
Airdate: August 21, 1998
O'Neill and Carter are in Washington to receive medals for bravery. There Carter is reunited with her father, General Jacob Carter, who is dying of cancer, and O'Neill encounters a reporter who plans to reveal inside information about the Stargate program. Meanwhile, Daniel returns to Abydos with Teal'c as he had promised, and is stunned to find Sha're there, pregnant with the child of Apophis. Apophis' enemy, Heru'ur, arrives seeking the child as Sha're gives birth. But Heru'ur is turned away and the child safely hidden on Abydos as Amaunet, the Goa'uld within Sha're, reawakens and returns to Apophis.
Written by: Terry Curtis Fox
Directed by: Duane Clark
Guest Starring: Carmen Argenziano as General Jacob Carter, Vaitiare Bandera as Sha're, Erick Avari as Kasuf, Peter Williams as Apophis, Douglas H. Arthurs as Heru'ur, Chris Owens as Armin Selig, Michael Tiernan as Ryn'tak
Air Force Administration Building,
NID Rogue Operation,
- Kasuf unburied the stargate, and Daniel returned to Abydos exactly one Abydos year from the day he left, as he had promised.
- Sha're returned to Abydos more than a season ago, pregnant with Apophis' child. Apophis intends the child to be his new host, and hid Sha're away from his enemies.
- The Goa'uld within Sha're is Amaunet. She remains dormant during the pregnancy to prevent a stillbirth. While Amaunet sleeps, Sha're can partially access the Goa'uld genetic memories.
- Daniel delivers his third baby.
- Sha're's child, son of Apophis, was left to be raised by Kasuf. Sha're and Apophis believe the child was stolen by Heru'ur.
- Amaunet knew the position of Teal'c and Daniel, but did not reveal their presence.
- Carter spent two years at the Pentagon working to develop the Stargate program.
- General Jacob Carter is Sam's father. He and Hammond served together during the Cold War. He is suffering from lymphoma, cancer.
- O'Neill and Carter were presented with the Air Medal for heroism in destroying the Goa'uld ships and saving Earth. Cover story: analysis of deep space radar telemetry.
- Carter had wanted to be an astronaut since childhood, but her plans were interrupted after the Challenger disaster.
- Armin Selig has an unnamed source for information on the Stargate program. His death from a hit and run is listed officially as an accident.
- What do you say you and I blow off this medal ceremony thing and go with the boys? [O'Neill]
- I retired myself one time. Couldn't stay away. [O'Neill]
From your analysis of deep space radar telemetry? [Jacob]
Well, it's just so damn fascinating. [O'Neill]
- General, Captain, General, Waiter... [O'Neill]
- It's "O'Neill", with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neill with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all. [O'Neill]
- You dare challenge me? [Heru'ur]
I was thinking about it. [O'Neill]
- It is a lengthy tale, O'Neill. [Teal'c]
Long story, Teal'c [O'Neill]
- Ya think?: 1
- O'Neill calls Carter "Sam": 2
- Teal'c: shot by a zat gun while wearing armor
- Popular Culture References:
- Stargate (the movie)
- It's "O'Neill", with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neill with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all.