01.12 Episode 12
Airdate: October 10, 1997
When Teal'c joined the SGC, he had left behind a wife and son on Chulak. Now his son Rya'c has reached the age when he will receive his own larval Goa'uld and become a true Jaffa, and Teal'c is determined to prevent this. With help from SG-1, Teal'c returns to Chulak in search of his family, where he is joined by Bra'tac, his former mentor. Teal'c's reunion is bittersweet, however. His family has been outcast, and his son is dying. Teal'c's own larval Goa'uld would save Rya'c's life, but Teal'c must also replace his symbiote to survive.
Story by: Mark Saraceni
Teleplay by: Jeff King
Directed by: Mario Azzopardi
Guest Starring: Tony Amendola as Bra'tac, Salli Richardson as Drey'auc, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Neil Denis as Rya'c, Brian Jensen as Head Priest, Bob Wilde as Priest
- The larval Goa'uld symbiote acts as the immune system for a Jaffa, and he can live only hours without it.
- Teal'c left his wife, Drey'auc, and son, Rya'c, behind on Chulak.
- Bra'tac, Master Jaffa warrior, 133 years old, was Teal'c's first teacher.
- The warrior Jaffa class serve as incubators for the larval Goa'uld and as the Goa'uld army, protected by the restorative powers of the Goa'uld they carry.
- Tek'ma-te: a greeting or title of respect
- Prim'ta: the religious ceremony of implantation when a boy comes of age, receives his first Goa'uld symbiote, and becomes a true Jaffa.
- Shol'va: traitor, term used to refer to Teal'c
- Kresh'taa: outcasts, referring to Teal'c's family, living outside the city
- Hasshak: Jaffa term used as an insult, similar to "fool"
- When Rya'c contracted scarlet fever, Teal'c gave him his larval Goa'uld and replaced his own in order to save his life. Rya'c stayed behind on Chulak with his mother, under the instruction of Master Bra'tac.
- Hey hey hey! Who are you calling a hassock? [O'Neill]
- Uh, a minute ago we were warriors of great skill and cunning. [Daniel]
- We'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. [O'Neill]
No, the bridge is too well guarded. [Bra'tac]
No, actually there I was using a cliché... [O'Neill]
- Let's just say that nobody believes in anyone with glowing eyes and a snake in his head. [O'Neill]
- Just a man... a very good, very bald man, from Texas. [O'Neill]
- Bingo. Goa'uld larvae. [Daniel]
- Well, that was insane... [Daniel]
- Teal'c: lacked an immune system when the symbiote was removed, until it was replaced