CHILDREN OF THE GODS
01.01 Episode 1
Airdate: July 27, 1997
It has been a year since the first mission to Abydos. Suddenly the evil Goa'uld Apophis emerges from the Earth Stargate, killing the guards and kidnapping a female soldier. Colonel Jack O'Neill is called out of retirement and confesses that the Abydos Stargate was not destroyed, and that Daniel Jackson is still alive and living on the planet. O'Neill leads a rescue mission through the gate to Abydos. There he is reunited with Daniel, who reveals an amazing discovery. An ancient cartouche is a map of many gates throughout the galaxy. The Stargate can go anywhere...
When the Goa'uld Apophis emerges from the Abydos Stargate and kidnaps Daniel's wife Sha're and her brother Skaara, Daniel returns to Earth to join SG-1 and assist in their rescue. Their mission takes them to Chulak where Sha're and Skaara have been selected as Goa'uld hosts. SG-1 is captured, but they are aided in their escape by Teal'c, the Jaffa warrior and First Prime of Apophis who turns his allegiance to Colonel O'Neill. In the ensuing battle, SG-1 is unable to free Sha're or Skaara in time, and they return to Earth determined to find Apophis once again.
Written by: Jonathan Glassner & Brad Wright
Directed by: Mario Azzopardi
Guest Starring: Jay Acovone as Major Charles Kawalsky, Vaitiare Bandera as Sha're, Robert Wisden as Major Samuels, Peter Williams as Apophis, Brent Stait as Major Louis Ferretti, Gary Jones as Technician, Alexis Cruz as Skaara, Rachel Hayward as Guard #3, Rick Ravanello as Guard #2, J.B. Bivens as Guard #1, Stephen Sumner as Goa'uld #1, Adam Harrington as Goa'uld #2, John Bear Curtis as Primitive, John Tierney as Monk, Colin Lawrence as Warren, Garvin Cross as Casey, Anthony Ashbee as Soldier, Eric Schneider as Dr. MacKenzie, Andrew McIlwaine as Medic, Santo Lombardo as Bolaa, Sean Amsing as Tobay, Monique Rusu as Dark Skinned Woman, Janette deVries as Female Serpent Guard
Cheyenne Mountain Complex,
- It has been over a year since the first Abydos mission.
- Stargate Command is located at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.
- Nine SG teams are known only to the President & Joint Chiefs.
- The Stargate is made of a quartz material. The iris is pure titanium.
- General Hammond replaced General West.
- O'Neill is from Chicago. He is separated from his wife since the death of their son. His last 10 years of duty were classified, he retired, has now returned to active duty.
- Carter is a theoretical astro-physicist, transferring from the Pentagon, studied gate technology 2 years before the Abydos mission. She clocked over 100 hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War, has flown an F-16.
- Major Samuels is the General's Executive Officer.
- Ra is the Sun God from the Book of the Dead, who rules the day.
- Apophis is the Serpent God, rival of Ra, who rules the night.
- Chaapa'ai is the Abydonian name for the Stargate.
- All Jaffa carry a larval Goa'uld. Teal'c has carried one since childhood.
- In exchange for carrying an infant Goa'uld until maturity, a Jaffa receives perfect health and long life, and will die without it.
- The people of Abydos are human, brought from Earth by Ra thousands of years ago. Known population approximately 5000.
- Daniel promises to return to Abydos in exactly one year.
- The Goa'uld returned to their homeworld from Chulak after choosing hosts for their children. The first three glyphs were identified: 20-18-11
- Abydos coordinates: 27-7-15-32-12-30
- Chulak coordinates: 9-2-23-15-37-20
- Points of origin for Earth and Abydos are unique.
- You ever think of writing a book about your exploits in the line of duty? [Hammond]
I've thought about it. But then I'd have to shoot anyone that actually read it. [O'Neill]
- What if the aliens get it? [Samuels]
Well, they could be blowing their noses right now. [O'Neill]
- Come on, Samuels, let me be the cynic around here, okay? [O'Neill]
- It took us 15 years and 3 super-computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth! [Carter]
- Okay, we're gods. Now what? [O'Neill]
I have no idea. [Daniel]
- Another fine day on Planet Kawalsky... [Kawalsky]
- I have nowhere to go. [Teal'c]
For this, you can stay at my place! Let's go! [O'Neill]
- For crying out loud: 1
- Ya think?: 1
- Jack: hit and knocked unconscious
- Daniel: knocked unconscious by ribbon device
- Popular Culture References:
- It took us 15 years and 3 super-computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth!