RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDA @ Fedcon Germany
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-9mom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: RDA @ Fedcon Germany Reply with quote

I just saw Paul post on Twitter:
Legends Memorabilia is delighted to announce that in association with Fedcon GmbH and Illumina Productions, we shall be bringing Richard Dean Anderson Germany to link up with Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping at Fedcon XXIII in Dusseldorf May 29th - June 1st, 2014.

SO excited for those of you who can attend!! Hoping there will be video of the Q&A even if I have to pay for it!
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, what and amazing opportunity for those over seas! I would love to be there, but its not possible. I have to wait for RDA to come to Canada. A different country then the U.S but much closer then Germany. But what an experience for those who can attend. I am so envious! But I hope that those who can attend have a fabulous time and take lots of pictures Wink .
And I am with K-9mom, I am also hoping for a Q&A video. Want to see that so badly and it hasn't even happened yet! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be awesome if we could get him to New England Mac/Jack?! UGH
BTW - I just stopped and read your "signature box", I love the friends quote
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he came to New England, oh God I wouldn't be able to contain my excitement! What a treat that would be! Just thinking about it...... it would be a dream come true!
Thanks for noticing my banner. I like the quote too. The banner was made for me by jediferret. I'm not talented in stuff like that (you did see my last banner right? LOL Wink Very Happy )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I was hoping he was returning to Toronto in 2014 as I am planning to a road trip next summer to Toronto and was going to go at that time but it looks like they pushed the Expo until Labor Day weekend so even IF he was going again, I don't know if I can go that late. My mother wanted to go on the trip with me but she works in the school system and our kids go back before that so not sure I can pull it off. Sad
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pretty close it me, (I'm in Vt) and I want to go to Canada sooooooo bad next year to meet him. I am waiting for Legends Canada to release the dates and venues. I am so hoping that one of the cons matches up with my schedule and that its a reasonable distance away. I think I would go about 8 hours out to see him, its worth is to me. Totally worth it. I am crossing my fingers here!
I hope you can make it to Toronto IF he is going again. I know that longing feeling of wanting to meet him. I hope it all works out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, i'm willing to do about 8/10 hours as well, which for me should be Toronto, LOL! If he would do something in Montreal that's closer for me (and especially you!), I'd jump on that! We'll have to see, can't travel too many times, I run out of dog sitting volunteers, lol!!
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montreal would be perfect! I can't wait of the convention news to be announced! I was excited before, but now that we are talking about it.... I don't know... it feels so real and possible Very Happy ! Just have to wait and see......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was already thinking to go for Amanda...now I really wanna go! The ticket is not too high but:
- I checked the prices of 2 years ago. 120e for a personalised RDA autograph? Are they insane? I fear the prices for the combo photo ops next year!
- Con hotel is way too expensive. Do you know other cheaper hotels nearby?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very torn on this. I'm in Germany and I always refused to go to FedCon (I was on the very first FedCon 24 yeas ago or so and then again in 1998 but never went again after that) because they are horrid expensive and I always said I won't spend this kind of money, not even for RDA.

However, I always said that if RDA and MS ever come together to be on stage, I'll go. I never believed - not even after Calgary this year - that's going to happen.

Now, here I am. And ppl are telling me to stick to my word.

My hubby, bless him, put and end to my yammering about how expensive and how really annoying I find FedCon and cons in general and croweds and fangirl-squee-and-stand-in-line processes - he bought me an ordinary weekend ticket (because there's no way I can afford Gold tickes, hello?) Now I have to decide if I want Photos and/or autographs. I WANT photos and autographs with both - but then that's 240 plus 80 and that's not gonna happen. So I have time to agonize about this for a while... and find a cheap place to sleep.

'headdesk'
Annelies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg! He's so nearby! Going to check out if I can make it! Yeehah

Lies

Last edited by Annelies on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
zuzik2301

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there! Wow I'm so excited and I'm looking forward to meet him.

I used photos from Calgary Expo 2013 and GateCon 2008.
Annelies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad it's really expensive, I would love to go, just to see him for real, thanking him for everything if I had the chance, my dream in life, but, I just can't make the afford, thinking of my daughters. With the money of 1 card I can do so much more for them and with them, so I'm going to choose for that.. holding on to the thought that Rick would prefer that decision.. Wink

Lies

Anne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Lies - I've been refusing to go both times he was here before because I kept saying I don't want to support FedCon and their astronomical prices. It's not the actors' fault or anything, but FedCon is the biggest con circus over here and if they have to invite this many ppl they probably need to have prices like that to make it work. I get all that, but it's still a heck of a lot of money especially for ppl who can't afford it or have to struggle to afford it.

I got the cheapest ticket there is, but will have to pay extra for photo ops etc and food and a room... d'oh.

So sorry you can't go Sad
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuzik2301 wrote:
I will be there! Wow I'm so excited and I'm looking forward to meet him.

Good for you zuzik! I am so happy for you Very Happy ! I hope you have an amazing time.
I NEED to see the con schedule! I hope he is coming somewhere nearby for me! I want him to be in Montreal, its possible.... I have to wait and see Very Happy Going crazy here Wink Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: