RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just saw Beyond Betrayal for the first time.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Movies and Other Roles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victoria_Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Just saw Beyond Betrayal for the first time. Reply with quote

I found the movie on ebay a few days ago. Somebody had taped it on a regular VHS tape, but it had a really nice printed out label on it. The seller found it at a Salvation Army store. I was soooo happy 'cause I thought I'd never get to see it!

Wow, that movie is scary, because even though I'm sure he is not that way, he played the part so convincingly that I could see him actually acting like somebody that was obsessed with his ex-wife.

I'll tell you though, the ending left me with my mouth hanging open when the cops came in shooting him full of holes. OMG!
Rosane Dias de Alencar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just saw Beyond Betrayal for the first time. Reply with quote

I like this movie very much.RDA did a great job like Bradlay Matheus, with good humor but without forget the condition of villain and the importante matter of domestic violence.
In time from time I reivew this movie.
My idol is a great actor!!!
Gerda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that movie too and he played the role very good.
Yes the ending was sad,but he wanted it.
I love the movie as well.
He's a great actor.

Gerda.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Just saw Beyond Betrayal for the first time. Reply with quote

Victoria_Rose wrote:

I'll tell you though, the ending left me with my mouth hanging open when the cops came in shooting him full of holes. OMG!

So you telling me Richard charter dies? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerda wrote:
I saw that movie too and he played the role very good.
Yes the ending was sad,but he wanted it.
I love the movie as well.
He's a great actor.

Gerda.

I didn't know. Did RDA choose the final of this movie?
Gerda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosane I should have been more clearer in my explainging sorry Embarassed Embarassed

I mean the character he played. He played this man who could not let his ex wife alone, and he knew he was wrong but something was stronger.
He did love her,but he could not be the man he wanted to be. he was not a good man and he knew.
And at the end he wanted that she would kille him .For him it was an end and and thats what he wanted.
He didn't want to be like that but he was. So he found his rest when she shot him.

Forgive my Rosane for my bad explantion about the movie

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

If RDA wanted it I dont know Rosane I dont know if he had something to say in this movie.

Gerda.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Beyond Betrayal for the first time. It was on Lifetime this morning. I knew RDA played a wacko in it, but I still wasn't prepared to see his character get shot full of holes. Poor baby!

All through the movie I kept talking to Susan Dey's character, begging her to go back to her husband. I wouldn't normally tell a battered wife to go back to her husband, but this was RDA! He was so handsome, while that other guy she was seeing was so ewwwww!

At the end I actually yelled at the police not to shoot him. The SWAT team didn't listen. Crying or Very sad

Oh, and the part about the dog really surprised me. I didn't think RDA would even pretend to do such a horrible thing. But I guess it was just a part. Too bad RDA couldn't make the writers change that part of the story. His character could have simply locked the dog in the bathroom or something. He didn't have to kill him.

Now I just need to see Past The Bleachers and I will have seen all of RDA's movies.

My favorite is still In The Eyes of A Stranger. I simply adore Jack Rourke!

desertblossom
Astra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desertblossom wrote:
All through the movie I kept talking to Susan Dey's character, begging her to go back to her husband.

Well, I would have liked to tell her to do things differently. Guess that would have been better for everyone involved.

Simple things like going to the police once she was at the boat and found the body. And, for crying out loud, NOT go back to his (their) house on her own without anybody knowing where she was!

But my biggest beef with her is that she gave the little gifts away, gifts that had Sam made especially for her - and she gives them to her sister? Come on!

And I can't believe that ... (what's Rick's name in here again?) really was responsible for the landslide that killed his partner. I don't see him as a killer. What happened with the woman was an accident, we never saw how it happened.

He was very desperate at the end. It is a shocking end indeed. But if everybody had acted a bit differently (his partner is also responsible when he said he ate pizza with him though it was not true) things would have not had happened how they did.

Everybody says he deserves to be killed at the end. I say, what he deserved was help, to start a life on his own.

By the way, Paya and me were at the water dam where some scenes were filmed. I have some pictures of it, the exact place where the car parked. And when we were walking through China town she also said one of those shops was the one where Sam fled through, but we did not find the right one.
Melissa M.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: beyond betrayal Reply with quote

Desertblossom, I'm surprised you've not seen Beyond Betrayal before now. It's one that when I first got hooked on RDA 3 years ago I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to see, but I went ahead and bought a tape someone was selling, and found it a much more compelling movie, overall, than I'd expected, even though the subject was enough to normally make me run the other way. I have a hard time fathoming domestic violence at all.

I'd thought he was a good actor--seeing this I thought he was a REALLY good actor, as I thought he was scarily convincing as Bradley. That last scene was so good at showing what he wanted, and how nuts he now was and therefore no way she could ever have gone back.

Oh, and you must find Beyond the Bleachers--it's my favorite of all his tv movies, such a good story, I think, and he's very good in it, too (but likeable! not like this one!) It's on LMN a lot, so keep watching for it.

Melissa M.
Melissa M.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: beyond betrayal Reply with quote

Oops, I meant Past the Bleachers, not Beyond the Bleachers!

Melissa M.
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched "Beyond Betrayal" for the first time last night, and I thought it was heartbreaking! Anyone out there seen it recently? Just going to post a "SPOILER ALERT' If you don't want to hear about the end of the movie, don't keep reading. I was shocked and so, so sad at the ending Sad . I cannot believe he was shot like that. Richard Dean Anderson is NOT suppose to die in his movies. I was not expecting that. I know he was mean and he was a bad guy, but I don't care, I was still on his side. Watching him get shot like that, it made me sick and broke my heart. I do have to give him credit for playing the role well though. But I am glad I didn't know he was going to die before I watched it, or I might not of watched it at all. Now I probably scared you all. Do I recommend it? Being a RDA fan, I recommend everything he plays in, just be warned, I think its his darkest, heaviest role. But, oh does he look GOOD in it! Man, he looks so handsome and sexy..... and there is this kissing scene at the wedding in the beginning.... he is so sexy Embarassed . Well, sorry for carrying on, I just had to vent about this, its been weighing on my mind all day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it, not recently though, but remember.every party of it.. He played a great role in that movie, and it was fantastic to see him like this, another acting skill I never seen of him before.Not to happy about the end but that's because I have a positivity inside me that everything can work out in a good positive solution, but I must say, he finally had his rest, and so did she..

Wink

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mac/Jack and Annelies

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding Beyond Betrayal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the movie, and probably I'll never get to see it, since it's one of Rick's movies which is really hard to find. I know the story and I had read about the bad ending, but still want to watch it, cause Rick plays the leading role and I wouldn't want to miss it.
I would like to ask you, if you saw the movie on one of your local channels on TV, or you found it through a site on the Internet? Cause I'm really dying to see that movie and searching for it for a long time, but without success. You're both so lucky you had that chance. Would it be too much, if I asked you, to let me know if there's a way to watch it too? I would appreciate it so much.
Annelies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole, I'll help you in your quest Wink I saw it years ago and I love to see it again, although I know the terrible end Mac/Jack#1fan! Wink a long long time ago a view Weeks of rda movies on Veronica, an old channel.. Pandora's clock, through the eyes of a killer and beyond betrayal..

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Annelies for your answer. Well, to tell you the truth, I thought you found it through a site on the Internet, and I was so anxious to get the links or something. But that's O.K, it's really nice you had the chance to watch the movie, even once, a long time ago on one of your channels. Wish I had this chance as well. But thank you anyway for letting me know, I appreciate it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Movies and Other Roles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: