RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is your favourite season of Stargate SG-1?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which season is your favourite?
Season 1
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Season 2
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Season 3
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Season 4
59%
 59%  [ 22 ]
Season 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Season 6
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Season 7
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Season 8
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Season 9
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Season 10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Ringo11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Which is your favourite season of Stargate SG-1? Reply with quote

I had a look, and I don't think this has been done before. So which season do you like best, and why?

At the moment I like season 1 best. I have the box set of that one, and I like it because all the story lines are about adventure, exploration, discovery, that sort of thing. And most of them are stand-alones too. I prefer the earlier seasons to the later ones because I love the ancient mythology aspect and don't really like the political stuff. That, and because I haven't seen seasons 2 and 4 and some of seasons 3 and 5 since they were first on TV Very Happy
Tanya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen only 3 seasons, and 4-th season not completely Sad Sad Sad
So for me 4-th season is the most fun, really Laughing Laughing Laughing but I like 1,2,3 too! And I want to see another seasons of Stargate very very much, specially 8-th, 'cause it's the last season with Rick! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen season 4 for a long time but it seems to be popular! Maybe I sould keep a closer eye out for DVD specials on that one Smile

Keep voting, RDA fans!
sylviagzz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh!

I like ALL of them up till 7...

Eight just didn't have enough of him... and 9 and 10...defenitly not!

Sylvia Wink

Slob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The peak must've been around seasons 3-4, then gradually getting less and less exciting. Of course, that drop is barely measurable compared to the one after season 7.

I think they ruined the Goa'ulds by making it way too easy to manipulate and regain power for them, even when the humans they enslaved were not too technologically retarded.

When the team first encountered the possibility to travel to alternate realities/dimensions, they found a mirror-device in an alien lab. However, the lab was crammed with other devices most of which were never again mentioned or experimented with. That dissappointed me a lot.

I think Daniel Jackson's personality has changed too much. I liked him very much during the first seasons, because he was more like the original James Spader portrayal.

The replicators was a huge dissappointment. The way they had been created and developed was silly, plus it's impossible to keep certain metals from staining, such as the submarine replicator. It would've died pretty quickly.

The Asgards was a lot more stupid than they would seem to be. Not only were they severely retarded intellectually, they were also poor tactitians and very underestimating.

Teal'c is my favorite of the current regulars. He's role has been damaged, as he no longer provides with accurate information about the enemy and so on. I loved the episode where he got an apartment and tried to fit in, and would like more of those.
schatzi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: re: fave season Reply with quote

To be honest I like each season for various reasons. Every season has it's good and mediocre episodes, and I don't think I've yet seen one episode I'd say was truly bad.

Sorry guys but as much as I love RDA and miss him on the show, I am still very much enjoying the new season. Tonight's episode I thought was excellent and showed much potential for the rest of this season.
ben-j

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: re: fave season Reply with quote

ok,i like season 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and8 OOups i said them all:wink: Wink
stargate sg1 is the bigest show in the world.and RDA the greatest actor.

benjy
Tanya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sylviagzz wrote:
Oh gosh!

I like ALL of them up till 7...

Eight just didn't have enough of him... and 9 and 10...defenitly not!

Sylvia Wink

I haven't seen all seasons Sad, but you are ABSOLUTELY right!!! :! Specially about 8,9 and 10 seasons! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ben-j I think I'll have to agree with you, LOL
They are all good with RDA in them Smile

Season 9 is very bad, and not just cause Jack is gone.
I think the actors are good, and I like them all, but the stories are boring and the quality of the production is very poor compared to the way it used to be with Gekko. No special effects, just camp sites with dirty ugly people. I miss the good special effects, it's SciFi for crying out loud! there should be lots of special effects all over the place!
Looks like Sony is trying to cash in on how good Stargate used to be, without having to invest on it. Targeting the younger audience, and forgetting that there are fans who've been watching for many years and remember how good Stargate used to be.
btw, I fell asleep while watching yesterday's episode, and THAT is bad TV, IMHO.

Maria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"""Season 9 is very bad, and not just cause Jack is gone. """
Maria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky question ben-j Wink

I don't think he would be part of it unless it met certain quality levels first, but I'm also sure that Jack would bring back the sense of humor right back. RDA is a great actor, and his presence by itself would light up the screen again.

Then again I'm usually just drooling here, so I better shut up and go back to doing just that...

Maria Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

season 4 is my favorite ! then season 1 Wink

season 9 sucks !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mel!

Love the new look on your page http://www.sg1-fanart.com/

Maria Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Looks like season four is going to turn out to be the all time favourite. Good thing, too, because I just spent NZ$139 on the box set Shocked
I've watched a few episodes and they have so far all been really funny, which I love.

I agree about anything after season 7. For one thing, it's not showing on TV any more, and for another, it just can't be the same without Rick. So why would you bother with it when there's at least 5 good years worth on DVD? Oh yeah, because 1 box set costs $139, that's why not Wink
Cais

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into this all-time-loving-season-4- thing too Laughing
But season 1,6 and 8 has some great eps too.. and ..you know.. 2, 3, 5 and 7 as well.. Very Happy

Quote:
Good thing, too, because I just spent NZ$139 on the box set

Just bought same season, but I spent 35 on it..
There are those silver boxes, which cost around 100.. so I just love this low budget boxes lol
35 for an entire season is cheap.. at least here in good ol' Germany Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: