RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon*Con! 31 Aug - 3 September 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockluvva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Dragon*Con! 31 Aug - 3 September 2012 Reply with quote

So who's going?

http://www.legendscanada.com/
Allie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to elaborate....

Via Paul Brown's twitter @langleylegends:

"* BREAKING NEWS * We're bringing RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON to Dragon*Con! More details: http://www.legendscanada.com "

Can we have a show of hands?

Very Happy
banlu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the DragonCon site

http://dragoncon.org/index.php

Finally figured out they call tickets "Memberships". http://dragoncon.org/members.php

Paul Brown's announcement doesn't mention RDA doing a panel.

No schedule announced yet for the con itself.

banlu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragon*Con! 31 Aug - 3 September 2012 Reply with quote

Rockluvva wrote:
So who's going?

http://www.legendscanada.com/

I would love to go since Atlanta isn't that far from me. However, they're finally starting the rehab on the house and I won't be able to.

So that mean's I'll just have to spend the weekend with "Daniel", "Baal", "Camulus" and "Shepherd"

Hope that any one that is going has a good time,

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this con is too big for me anyway,,,

http://dragoncon.org/events.php

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
ONTLLs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragon*con panel question Reply with quote

paul.legends wrote:
banlu wrote:
Link to the DragonCon site

http://dragoncon.org/index.php

Finally figured out they call tickets "Memberships". http://dragoncon.org/members.php

Paul Brown's announcement doesn't mention RDA doing a panel.

No schedule announced yet for the con itself.

banlu

Banlu: To answer your question, Richard will be doing 2 panels/Q&A sessions at the Dragon*con event. The organizers are currently finalizing the actual schedules and when they are confirmed, we shall be posting the details on our websites (www.legendscanada.com and www.stargateprops.com)

Paul, welcome to rdanderson.com forums! Smile
watkenido

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: DRAGONCON Iam Torn! NEED OPINIONS!!! Reply with quote

Well I am finally part of the RDA FORUM!!!! So excited!
But I need some help from fans cuz only an RDA Fan can understand my situation!
So i need some opinions about this DRAGONCON and going to see RDA.
I was saving up some cash to buy the entire set of SG1 and some other RDA memorabilia, then as i get up the money, they announce that RDA will be in Georgia. Nowwww Iam in NY which is really nowhere near Georgia, but Iam pretty sure that Georgia is the closest to NY RDA will be anytime soon. So do I blow all my cash on spending 45 seconds with him or buy the Sg1 collection? Cuz I must say I was all fired up to go then after reading everyones past experiences going to these CONS, I was pretty turned off on going. To spend alot of money that i totally dont have at the moment, and go see him for thirty seconds....of which I will be totally speechless and blow the entire moment!!! But what do you guys think....is it worth shelling out the cash? or Just buy RDA Memorabilia cuz it will last more than thirty seconds?
ArianeH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too far away for me ! and at these dates I'll be in Spain Laughing Wink I wish to all of you who will be at DragonCon the very best time with the man ! and I hope you should be kind enough to share all your memories and pics with us Spin Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That a tough decision... to go see RDA for a few seconds, or buy memorabillia...

Well, lemme tell you the way I see it. Yes, memorabillia will last you a lifetime. And if the items you buy are collectibles, props, costumes, their value will never go down. If anything it will go up as the props and costumes start to sell out and they become harder and harder to find on the market. If you make the right choice in what you buy and care for it appropriately, it can even be considered an investment.

But a thing is still just a thing.

Now... meeting RDA... yes, Dragon Con is huge... and I mean HUGE... but when it comes right down to RDA, whether it's 400 people or 40.000 people... it's the same to you... Not everyone at Dragon Con will be there for RDA. So sitting in during his Q&A will still be you in a room with a couple hundred people at most, so you have the same chance at asking a question as you would at a smaller con. And standing in line for photos/autos is still the same as during a smaller con, because you will be queing with those few people who are there to see RDA.

As for the face to face time... Yes. It will be a short while during the autograph while he signs his name... a long name... but he seems to like to interact with fans and he does make small talk, he says hello, says good bye, says thank you for coming, he makes eye contact, he acknowledges you.

And the photo... come on... who here wouldn't like to put their arm around RDA and pose for a picture they will have for the rest of their lives? And again, he does say hello, he does say good bye, he will acknowledge your presence there.

Will it be short? Yes. Will you be stunned? Umm... yeah most likely...

Some of those who say it isn't worth it because it's too little time, might be people who have met him before and are more selective on what kind of event they want to spend money on, who are willing to travel a longer distance for a different type of event, who are willing to spend more money on other type of opportunities.

Will it be worth it for you? You know what's best for your finances, but... if you will spend that money anyway.... if you've never met him before and traveling distance is an issue...

YES. It will be worth it. You won't tell each other your life stories, but you will actually MEET RDA, you'll chat, you'll shake his hand, you'll walk away with a photo of the two of you.

xo
Astra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it will be worth it. It might be your only chance or at last in a long while, as we never know where and when he will nest turn up at an event. You always can save up some more money and buy the memorabilia later, they won't run away.

I'd grab this opportunity if I was you. Otherwise you might regret it afterwards, when seeing all the pictures of others and listening to their stories, and thinking: I could have been one of them.

(Plus, if you are just after the Stargate DVDs for watching, there might also be cheaper possibilities than the box set? Sometimes they are sold quite cheap at Wal-Mart etc. It might not look as pretty, but just a thought)

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
watkenido

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: meetin him! Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the advice, PRICELESS! I am just petrified that i am going to get there, and MISS HIM...some how. Just mess the whole opprotunity up....get lost, fall asleep, i dunno, i guess thats my big issue LOL. It is a big CON...Ya know, what if i miss the RDA PANELS or cant find him??? HAHAHAH! OMG. Iam a big spazzz like that. For real! Wow, to think, i could have my arm around him in a few weeks! hahaha! Wow, i cant even imagine that! OMG! Wow. I better start making arrangements! This RDA fan is having a freak attack already!
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: meetin him! Reply with quote

watkenido wrote:
This RDA fan is having a freak attack already!

I would like to add just one more important thing about meeting RDA....

DON'T FORGET TO BREATH!!!

Hope you have a great time if you go.

watkenido

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: you are all so kind Reply with quote

Breathe! I will try to remember though no guarantees there!
Wish you guys were coming, i hate to go alone! An experience i would love to share with someone....though nobody i know would greatly appreciate the situation as we would! AnyONE AROUND THE AREA OF NY LOOKIN FOR SOME COMPANY? AND I AM SOME AWESOME COMPANY TO HAVE AROUND!!!!!!!! LOL! We could be RDA Stalker Pals for the weekend....hehehe! Thank you RDA Fans! we really are crazy special, and one of a kind. RDA Should be flattered to have such a great fan base! Very generous! Thanks so much for the advice!
banlu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: meetin him! Reply with quote

watkenido wrote:
Wow, thanks for the advice, PRICELESS! I am just petrified that i am going to get there, and MISS HIM...some how. Just mess the whole opprotunity up....get lost, fall asleep, i dunno, i guess thats my big issue LOL. It is a big CON...Ya know, what if i miss the RDA PANELS or cant find him??? HAHAHAH! OMG. Iam a big spazzz like that. For real! Wow, to think, i could have my arm around him in a few weeks! hahaha! Wow, i cant even imagine that! OMG! Wow. I better start making arrangements! This RDA fan is having a freak attack already!

You can save money by only attending on a day he has a panel - plenty of people go for one actor and concentrate on making sure they get a seat in theie panels. And since it looks like you can only pre-buy autographs and pictures through Legends, you'd be guaranteed one and woulsn't have to wait in line hoping. Only glitch would be if he signed/posed right before a panel, which means you probably wouldn't get a chance at a seat.

I've never been because I don't like massive crowds. But I've seen reports on it on CNN (their studio is in Atlanta and they seem to have a news report on it every year, especially the costume parade in the streets on Saturday morning).

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Going 2 See Him Reply with quote

Well the only problem is that they dont even give you the scheduling til the week before the event. Or else I would only go on the day he does a panel. But i guess it looks like if i am going to go, i may as welllll go allll in. RIGHT? I mean....if he is going to be there 3 days....i may as well try to see him each day. Right?
I called DragonCOn and they were just so nice to assume my cell phone could handle the APP. for the scheduling, HA! What a joke!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: