RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else want to donate a dollar to RDA to get a haircut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lioninlove wrote:
Lady's, I love the long hair. It looks so damn hot !!!
And it fits him very well. I saw it with my own eyes ... I was in Australia Laughing

Lucky you, Lion in Love!

RDA does look relaxed and happy in the photo accompanying his "Note from Rick" from Melbourne on 21 March 2013, doesn't he?

Including the hair in question! Wink

Teale
lioninlove

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teale wrote:
lioninlove wrote:
Lady's, I love the long hair. It looks so damn hot !!!
And it fits him very well. I saw it with my own eyes ... I was in Australia Laughing

Lucky you, Lion in Love!

RDA does look relaxed and happy in the photo accompanying his "Note from Rick" from Melbourne on 21 March 2013, doesn't he?

Including the hair in question! Wink

Yeah, he was really relaxed, in a very good mood and always soooo charming ... Very Happy
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lioninlove wrote:

Yeah, he was really relaxed, in a very good mood and always soooo charming ... Very Happy

I guess it would be a great effort for him not to be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always love Rick no matter how he looks. I do think he needs a bit of a haircut/a trim to make it look smarter, but at the end of the day, if he's happy- I'm happy! Even if Rick had hair down to his waist like Gandalf/Dumbledore, he'll still be gorgeous in my eyes haha Smile
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO a man's character is more important to me than his looks. I've met some very handsome men that turned out to be total jerks. I'd take a long-haired, overweight, kind-hearted 63 year-old over these pretty boys that think they're God's gift to women any day.

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
lioninlove

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamk1950 wrote:
IMHO a man's character is more important to me than his looks. I've met some very handsome men that turned out to be total jerks. I'd take a long-haired, overweight, kind-hearted 63 year-old over these pretty boys that think they're God's gift to women any day.

I SECOND THAT !!!

I don't like people who always complaining about his looks. So someone on twitter wrote him
"I am disappointed to see how you've let yourself go. You have a young daughter you want to see grow up & get married."

What's all this ???

He's a wonderful person and as long as he is happy ... good.
And in my eyes he was perfect is perfect and he always will be ... !!!
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick is a wonderful man. Everyone, who has met him personally, knows this. Howerever he also is a person of public interest (still is) and therefore his looks will be discussed. It's not okay to be disrespectful, but I totally understand when people utter their opinion. Centainly lots of people reduce him to his looks, because this is the only thing they know about him.

Rick can do what he wants and he does what he wants, whether people like it or not. I guess that he is fully aware of the fact that he polarizes at the moment. I can live with this, but ........ it is alright to say that he looks gorgeous on e.g. Jack-pics or Mac-pics or whatever, right. It must be also alright for people (who don't like it) to say that he has had better times, as far as his hair is concerned.

Last edited by Belathne on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
paisleypost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goodness--my little post has gained momentum of its own--I guess I should have been more spefic in the initial post--he was looking pretty slovenly with the long hair a mess and prolly jet lagged tired--he jus wasnt making hte best of what he has naturally a combo of charm and wit:)

Eileen
LauraAlexandra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am disappointed to see how you've let yourself go. You have a young daughter you want to see grow up & get married."

Absolutely disgraceful of that person on twitter to say... you cannot judge someone without knowing the full story. Rick has some health problems from what I can gather, but I wouldn't say he was potentially putting his life at risk.... he's not obese/massively overweight AT ALL. And tbh..... he wouldn't do that to Wylie- he loves her so much and he WANTS to be around for her. Yes he's gained weight due to his feet surgery which meant he couldn't walk for months and for someone in their 60's... it's pretty normal for the weight to pile on a bit. I've HUGGED the man, he isn't fat. He's just heavier than when he was in his younger/active/sporty hey-days.

And yeah his hair could do with a trim- but personally, I couldn't give a monkeys really, cos I genuinely love Rick for who he is as a person Smile,

Last edited by LauraAlexandra on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
LauraAlexandra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I forgot to mention... I'm sure some of the people across the world saying that his hair needs a trim/saying he needs to lose weight.... could probably do with a hair trim/losing weight themselves! Wink. Not all though!! Hell, I need a hair trim and could lose a few pounds myself haha.

It's pretty normal to need a hair trim, to gain/lose a few pounds here and there. Celebrities sadly will always be under scrutiny whether they like it or not. It's what comes with fame. You can't win eh?
K-9mom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree LauraAlexandra. Unfortunately people have no idea what another goes through without spending time in their shoes. I can't say I know anything about Rick other than what has been said here and from his own interviews and he may or may not be on meds but if he is, many do cause water gain, weight gain, etc. I doubt he sits on his duff all day eating bon bons trying to be fat (though I don't think he is). Is he heavier yes but he's also a big guy, what is he 6'3" and I always thought he had a fairly thick frame. At some points I thought he was too thin but I know he was very active and busy so naturally he would be a little heavier at retirement. I love him no matter how big or small he is or what color or length of hair he wears. He appears to be a sweetheart and he deserves the respect that any other individual has,
LauraAlexandra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urrrrrghhhhhh, it just enrages me when I see people who cannot see past what is a normal part of getting old, insulting him and only commenting on what they see has changed. What do they expect?! No one stays young forever, no matter how much money you have, no matter how famous you are...you cannot escape getting old.

Rick is just a normal person and there's nothing wrong with him. Smile. (A normal gorgeous person <3).

That's my rant for the day LOL.

Last edited by LauraAlexandra on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't recall seeing articles about how much William Shatner has changed since his days on Star Trek. Just saying.....

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
K-9mom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.. well Shatner was not as attractive (at least not at all to me) and I think people were able to see him "evolve" where some of RDA's fans just caught him on MacGyver for the first time and now he is very different physically. I also think that part of the issue people may have with RDA is during most of Stargate he had a thin face as well and now his face is filled in and I hate to say it but with the longer hair, it makes him look heavier then he really is.

At least that's my opinion....... but also, it depends on one's own physical soundness. If someone has medical issues vs someone who doesn't. Not everyone is built the same (thank gawd!). My opinion actually is with all RDA has done (Hockey accidents, skiing accidents, getting his hands all 'chewed' up during Macgyver, braking a wrist or whatever during MacGyver, and lord knows what else he's done to himself, knees, ankles, etc, etc, I think we should be happy he is still as adorable as he is and can still get around!
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamk1950 wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't recall seeing articles about how much William Shatner has changed since his days on Star Trek. Just saying.....

LOL, maybe not now because he's at an age (over 80) where probably even the press might consider it 'rude' to go on about his weight etc. But Shatner? Doohan? They had their fair share of 'Captain Fatty' and 'Beam me up, pumpkin' jokes and articles over the years - and bad press about their weight, alcohol (which has been a truth for Doohan but not sure about Shatner), young wives for old men and and and... the press was full of it about ten or fifteen or twenty years back. It already started with the release of ST V or VI by the press wondering if they were going to wheel the old men and woman out in wheelchairs for the next movie etc. So, I guess RDA is now where Shatner and co had been twenty years or so ago. It's just how the media works. It's disgusting and awful and disrespectful imo.

And while I agree that people are allowed to discuss actors looks and even can state if they like it or not - they shouldn't do that in a condescending or disrespectful way and certainly not by tweeting him; Hey, lose weight and cut your hair. And not by wanting to donate dollars for a hair cut even if it's only meant as a joke. And if ppl state they don't like his hair, weight, clothes, nose - whatever - they don't have to do it over and over and over again. Like here, on twitter, on Facebook, on LJ ond DW - there's no need for that imo.

And no, I don't think RDA needs to be proteced by his fans. I think he is very capable of dealing with this kind of press and annoying people on his own terms. But I still don't want to be among those who chatter on about his looks on places where everyone can read it.

Dang, I didn't want to say anything here at all. LOL:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: