RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sg-1 8 seasons or 10 seasons?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: sg-1 8 seasons or 10 seasons? Reply with quote

i just finished watching the 8th season of stargate sg1.. i have to say.. i have no wish to watch more as our colonel is absent in the following seasons.. but.. maybe i say there is some fun of it..

what did you do? do you recomend i go on or leave it the way it is..

Rolling Eyes
gracie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave it...
Ruixuan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
leave it...

Yes, just keep good memories.
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on whether or not the show stands and falls with RDA for you. If that's the case I'd say don't bother watching.

If you watched it because you're a fan of the characters (other than ONLY Jack or Jack and Sam being madly in love) it's worth to watch at least some of it. I did and while I never got used to Cam, there were really good episodes among the last two seasons. Of course I'm biased because I love Daniel equally as much as I love Jack and as long as one of them is there, I'll try to watch it Smile
Figgy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xena, if you are watching SG1 only for Jack than the show is pretty much over for you. But if you like the show itself and enjoy the other characters then I suggest you give the next 2 seasons a chance. My whole family loved seasons 9 and 10, and we all prefer Ark of Truth to Continuum despite that Jack is not part of it.
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xena, as STARGATE has always been my favorite series I certainly watched also season 9 and 10, but I couldn't enjoy it anymore. I even haven't watched all episodes as the whole concept went more primitive after Rick left the show - IMO. I couldn't stand the silly dialogues anymore, not even when Rick had special appearances. I've never liked Cam and I couldn't abide Vala. I love O'Neill and I missed him but I'm sure I would have liked it also without him, if the good quality of the show had remained the same. I always had the feeling that Amanda, Daniel and Chris tried to do a good job, but the circumstances didn't help them!!! Just my opinion!

Well, concerning the dialogues - I know only the German dubbing as I didn't buy the DVDs for these seasons. But compared with the first 8 seasons in German, the next two are much worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: sg-1 8 seasons or 10 seasons? Reply with quote

xena wrote:
i just finished watching the 8th season of stargate sg1.. i have to say.. i have no wish to watch more as our colonel is absent in the following seasons.. but.. maybe i say there is some fun of it..

Rolling Eyes

If you stop, your gonna miss "The Shroud", that is where the Real Jack is back, not like beginning of Season 9

Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: sg-1 8 seasons or 10 seasons? Reply with quote

ONTLLs wrote:
xena wrote:

Rolling Eyes

If you stop, your gonna miss "The Shroud", that is where the Real Jack is back, not like beginning of Season 9 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/SueCanada989/SG-1/XTheShroud/S10-Shroud001.jpg

This is right!!! Of course I couldn't resist watching when Rick was on TV!!!! Rolling Eyes When he first shows up you can only see the back of his head, but you will recognize him immediately!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try now to see seasons 1-8 and seasons 9-10 as almost two separate shows (that's how MS described it at the end of the SG audiobook, when he's being interviewed), and that did change my enjoyment of the last 2 seasons and AoT.

I must admit, I do like it better when Claudia plays her character dramatic instead of silly. The same with Jack...I don't mind him being snarky or humorous, just not the goofy Cosmic Giddiness thing.

Jack & Daniel bantering is a great thing; I just wish the writers would let them have at it, because that's where the real sparkage is. Yes, I'm still pouting about that sub scene in Continuum...I did like Jack being very in-charge (Squeee! He can run a flash drive!!!), but he seemed to have an attitude that ran deeper than just being upset at Daniel's remark about Charlie. It wasn't explained or justified, and you would think when everything when to hell in a handbasket later, he'd show up to help if he could. I kept waiting, and was disappointed. Jack in SGU at least has something of the "old" Jack, a man of action (for better or for worse, it beats just sitting around waiting).

Something funny: P2 told me that Stargate on Wiki says that Ben Browder was originally considered for the SGA John Sheppard role (???), but he was doing a Farscape thing, and was unavailable. I don't know how much of that is true, but makes you wonder... How different would SGA have been if he'd done that?

K@
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now why couldn't he have gone to SGA? That's toooo baaad Razz My wish would have been to give Carter command of SG-1 and leave it at that. I got used to Vala eventually though. Or give us a fresh new character so different from Jack that it'd be really clear there is someone new... butI know, I know, I've voiced my opinion about this countless times, lololol.

I love "The Shroud" - of course I do. But I also love all the Ba'al episodes in season nine and ten. He's my fav. baddie. Very Happy

I think the only thing that really p..... me off was the way Jack left after season 8 - it was so poorly done, it hurt. I know there were probably reasons they did it the way they did, but as a Jack fan I felt kind of betrayed of his vanishing into thin air without so much as a 'poof'.

Sigh, and yes, I know I've said that before, too.
KatXander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Carter kind of got the short end of the stick in regards to SG-1. They're just kind of sticking her wherever too (still). These things are doable...after all, I've read *your* fics, Anne. You didn't seem to have any trouble giving the crew believable assignments, dialog, or personalities.

^_^
K@
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kat Smile It's the one good thing about movies/episodes that leave me unsatisfied - it sometimes gives the muse stuff to play. Continuum was such a movie. And even if I never get to finish the blasted story, at least I tried to "fix" things, lololol.
Padfoot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figgy wrote:
Xena, if you are watching SG1 only for Jack than the show is pretty much over for you. But if you like the show itself and enjoy the other characters then I suggest you give the next 2 seasons a chance. My whole family loved seasons 9 and 10, and we all prefer Ark of Truth to Continuum despite that Jack is not part of it.

I second that. I also second that Sam should have been given the lead of SG 1 - she deserved it. I never understand why they didn't give her the lead and introduced a new member to the team as her subordinate. Could have been very interesting. And yes, I also agree that Jack's farewell was poorly done and more than just disappointing. But I still say it's worth to give Seasons 9 + 10 a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padfoot wrote:
Figgy wrote:

I second that. I also second that Sam should have been given the lead of SG 1 - she deserved it. I never understand why they didn't give her the lead and introduced a new member to the team as her subordinate. Could have been very interesting. And yes, I also agree that Jack's farewell was poorly done and more than just disappointing. But I still say it's worth to give Seasons 9 + 10 a chance.

to me, the reason why carter was not chosen the leader is totaly different.. the leader should be leading people and do nothing else.. does not need any extra qualifications like carter had. she or he should be qualifed in experince and leadership.. is carter was the leader in sg1, she should be doing extra extra work.. she is the scientist and the brain of sg1.. it's the same in football, the captain of the team is generally not the best player.. but he coordinates his friends and leads them..

i am giving season 9-10 a chance.. i like vala.. her sense of humor.. and i love her english accent.. Smile the rest of course i like them all..
Rickfan

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's okay. They know me here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought seasons 1 through 8, then I watched the episodes in seasons 9 and 10 that Jack was in on the internet. I refuse to watch Cameron. And not just because I'm partial to Jack (I am! Laughing ). I watched a couple episodes with him and he annoys me greatly. He tries too hard to be funny and fails, IMO.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: